Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2022, 04:46 PM   #141
Winnebago Owner

Steve,
Xantrex customer service is very helpful,
The Xantrex is programmable for charging amperage. Just open the app, and select the charge amperage you want. There’s no default that I’m aware of. I typically charge at 80 amps which is the max for my battery, but I turn it down to 20amps when I have ac loads, like A/C or microwave. No heat from the Xantrex, but I do open my pass-thru doors when I’m making demands of the Xantrex and the fan comes on.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #142
Winnebago Camper

The GoPower and Xantrex settings in this thread were tremendously helpful. I got charging systems all configured correctly and tested out, everything is working great.
ScottSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 09:01 AM   #143
Winnebago Owner

Good to hear! Thanks for letting us know!
- steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 11:12 PM   #144
Winnebago Watcher

I've enjoyed the thread, thanks for the work in putting it together to all the contributors. It's refreshing to see people working together to solve issues. I own and operate and RV park for a living and this is the good side of the RV world ;-)

Now for my issue and question.

First some background info:
I had to update a few things, mainly the battery type and capacity in the apps to make sure that things show up correctly. I have the 4 apps installed, with 3 of them working. The Li3 battery app that shows battery status, the FXC Xantrex app to control the inverter and charger, and the Go Power! app. I also have a Truma app but can't get it to connect to anything, things work well through the control panel though.
I have to downgrade the charging limit in amps to keep my Honda 2000 from overloading when using it to top up on trips, works great. When connected to 30amp power I can bump it up to charge faster but why? Seems like 15 amps is plenty, maybe when I need AC I'll change my mind.

Now the question, I get say 150 watts from the roof panels, which is reasonable but wanted to test out adding some additional power from a set of panels I have. These panels are wired up in parallel (total of 200 watts) and usually give me another 150 or so watts (They are primarily used to keep a small power system in my shed working, for power tools, charging Dewalt batteries, lighting etc and kept me from needing a building permit to install power to the shed). My guess would have been that once I plug in the panels to the external drivers side port I would either see more power or perhaps a new item showing an addition input source.
Neither of those things happen, in the GoPower app, I see my solar input drop from say 150 watts to 20 watts. If I simply unplug the exterior cells it jumps back up to 150 watts.
It appears to me that perhaps the external port isn't wired correctly?
Any suggestions? Thanks
Dale Taylor
Kanab RV Corral, 2022 2108FBS FLX
DnKTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:37 PM   #145
Winnebago Owner

> app. I also have a Truma app but can't get it to connect to anything,

The iNET box isn't available in the United States at the present time. It's been discontinued for the time being. I do not know if it's a permanent discontinuation or temporary.

> It appears to me that perhaps the external port isn't wired correctly?

I saw that too. I have a 200w Renogy panel, and the cable that I bought to plug it in had a polarity reverser. Turns out that I needed to use that. Do you have one of those to test?
Old 11-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #146
Winnebago Watcher

Yes I had to use the polarity reverser to get it to even show the 20 watts. We were out camping this weekend again and everything worked well other than the issue with the external solar not seeming to work correctly is still there.
That water heater sure works well and so dang quick. It gets the hot water to the sink faster than we can get it from the tank at home.
DnKTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #147
Winnebago Owner

FLX Elect System Summary (Beginners Guide)

Attached is my summary of the information I have been compiling from the efforts we all have taken to learn just how the Winnebago FLX electrical system seems to be configured and operates.
Part 1 is System Overview
Part 2 is Configuration Tables and GoPower! Solar Charging Curves and info

My personal thanks to creativepart, RovingMedics, naturopath, Gregt, AwkDoctor, realtytip, Minnie Honu, Marine359, Downytide, and Speedbump.

I take the blame for anything I captured incorrectly, or incompletely, but any credit goes to all of us on this thread who provided information from expert sources, your experiences, common sense inputs and questions, etc. Definitely a group effort.

My hope is that the folks just getting into this will have this as a place to start.

Standard caveat, this is just some guy's compilation of stuff he read or heard about on the internet! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

-Steve
Old 11-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #148
Winnebago Owner

FLX Elect System Summary (Beginners Guide)

Now with the Actual Part 1

-steve
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winnebago Micro Minnie FLX Electrical System Part #1.pdf (928.8 KB, 220 views)
Old 04-13-2023, 08:27 PM   #149
Winnebago Camper

Exclamation Thank you and a quick question

Hello everyone,
This thread is awesome, thanks for posting in it.
I have a couple of questions.
We recently purchased a 2022 FLX, but when we went to pick it up the service tech really couldn't explain the systems and the Xantrex remote/control panel was not working and needed to be replaced (it was displaying an error code). The sales manager told me they would get it replaced and we're supposed to go pick it up in a couple of days. However, when I talked to the sales manager today he told me the Xantrex control panel still isn't in, but that I should still come and pick it up because everything will work fine without the control panel (according to his tech). After reading this thread, I really think I need to know if the Xantrex settings are correct via the control panel.
So, here are my questions:
Can you see or adjust the Xantrex settings without the control panel?
Would you all be concerned about a non-working Xantrex control panel?
If so, how do you think I can convey these concerns to the dealer?
Thanks in advance!
-Bobby-D
Bobby-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:08 PM   #150
Winnebago Owner

Maybe I’m off base here, but having a Xantrex XC2000, I can tell you this:

Unfortunately, Bluetooth connection to the Xantrex doesn’t work without the Bluetooth control panel. There is no direct Bluetooth connection to the Xantrex. Without the remote control panel, you would have to access the control panel on the face of the Xantrex to program it. Not an easy thing if the Xantrex is mounted in an awkward space.

I’m going to guess the reason for the Bluetooth remote panel not working is because the RJ11 connection between the Xantrex and the remote panel is not properly connected. The dealer can check this by connecting a RJ11 wire to the Xantrex port to a Xantrex control panel, or to another RJ11 compatible device to determine if the circuit is closed.

Don’t trust dealers to know how to fix stuff.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:21 PM   #151
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I’m going to guess the reason for the Bluetooth remote panel not working is because the RJ11 connection between the Xantrex and the remote panel is not properly connected
This is exactly the situation we had when we took delivery. Ours was dangling in the xantrex end of the electrical enclosure.

-steve
Old 04-14-2023, 05:31 AM   #152
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Don’t trust dealers to know how to fix stuff.
This is so very true. You might even shorten this to… don’t trust dealers.

Chances are very good that the reason the “part has not come in” is because the dealer hasn’t ordered it, or even knows what needs replaced.

It sounds like your dealer sold you a TT that has an issue. Maybe it’s minor - a missing plug, maybe it’s major - something defective. And yet he sold it to you anyway. Now he wants it off his lot and good luck to you in solving the issue.

I think my suggestion to you is to not put up with the dealer’s BS. I wouldn’t take possession until it was complete and working. Assuming you’ve already closed the deal and own the RV start talking about a full refund, rather than accepting a defective product.

Contact Winnebago Customer Support. Be the squeaky wheel. Mention contacting the state’s attorney general. For sure contact Xantrex Support.

I’m sorry you have to go through this. You wouldn’t think that you could spend all this money and get this kind of treatment, I know. But that’s just the way things go with RV dealers.
Old 04-14-2023, 07:19 AM   #153
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!

I am so glad I found this thread. THANK YOU!
I was starting to question if I was being unreasonable, as the dealer was pressuring me to take possession and trying to make me think this was not a big deal.
I will let you all know how it goes.
Another quick question, even with all of the issues you have all faced, are you happy with your purchase of the FLX?
Thanks again!
-Bobby-D
Old 04-14-2023, 07:43 AM   #154
Winnebago Owner

You can also program the Xantrex on its front panel lcd.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:38 AM   #155
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-D View Post
Hello everyone,
This thread is awesome, thanks for posting in it.
I have a couple of questions.
We recently purchased a 2022 FLX, but when we went to pick it up the service tech really couldn't explain the systems and the Xantrex remote/control panel was not working and needed to be replaced (it was displaying an error code). The sales manager told me they would get it replaced and we're supposed to go pick it up in a couple of days. However, when I talked to the sales manager today he told me the Xantrex control panel still isn't in, but that I should still come and pick it up because everything will work fine without the control panel (according to his tech). After reading this thread, I really think I need to know if the Xantrex settings are correct via the control panel.
So, here are my questions:
Can you see or adjust the Xantrex settings without the control panel?
Would you all be concerned about a non-working Xantrex control panel?
If so, how do you think I can convey these concerns to the dealer?
Thanks in advance!
-Bobby-D
Hi- Not sure if this issue is the same as yours.....we picked up our new 2022 FLX2108 on April 5th and the Xantrex control panel was not working. It had error code 20. This error code was generated because the dealer removed the lithium battery for winter storage. They had to reset the Xantrex panel to recognize the battery again and everything works fine.
gjtravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:07 PM   #156
Winnebago Camper

Post Quick Update and a Couple of Questions

Hello Everyone!
Quick update.
I refused to pick up the trailer until the Xantrex panel was working.
They finally got it working and I picked it up yesterday.
However, when I tried to turn on the Xantrex control panel today it gave the error code 20.
I turned it off and back on and it seems to be working.
Anyone else have this issue?
Also, for those of you that own a FLX, is your Xantrex control panel bluetooth compatible? I assumed mine was bluetooth compatible, but after watching videos on connecting it to the app, I don't think my control panel is a bluetooth version.
Thanks again for all of your help!
-Bobby
Old 04-23-2023, 06:02 PM   #157
Winnebago Owner

The Xantrex remote panel (in the trailer) should have a Bluetooth logo and Freedom X on the faceplate. The panel needs to be connected physically with the Xantrex via a “phone” like connector. It sounds like yours is. (Ours was not, just needed to be plugged in)
Bluetooth is required to interface with the Xantrex app.
You do need to be fairly close, in the trailer, or just out side, for the app to connect.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:02 AM   #158
Winnebago Camper

I own a Winnebago FLX2306BHS Travel Trailer. It came with the [GP-RVC-30-MPPT] Charge Controller and [GP-RVC-R] Remote Display pre-installed along with 2 190 watt solar panels installed on the roof combined with 320-amp-hour lithium-ion battery. On the side of the trailer, is an external SAE plug for adding an additional external solar panel.

I recently purchased a [ALLPOWERS SP033 200W] Solar Panel (hyperlink provided below). While plugging in the SAE connector from the panel to the camper, I had the [Go Power! Connect] open and the [Charge Current] within the app instantly plunged from ~230w (from existing panels) to 0w. Additionally, there was a slight sizzle as soon as the plug established a connection.

I immediately unplugged the panel and have yet to take any additional steps other than verifying the panels are continuing to charge my configuration without issues.

Can anyone please provide direction for what I've done incorrectly or what my next steps should be in order to get this panel functioning with my configuration?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09725M32Z...0+watt+solar+p
iRanduMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:08 PM   #159
Winnebago Owner

Controllers can be ruined by exceeding the rated input voltage. Voc of each Zamp 190w panel is 24.2v. So, if in series, the roof array is 48.4v. The portable Voc is 22.2v. So you should not have caused over-voltage. But it is possible that you over-amped the controller if the roof panels are in parallel. The controller is supposed to use only the input amperage it needs, and normally would be protected from getting fried by too much amperage. However, this presumes that the amperage limiting circuit was working correctly. So, yes it’s possible that you over-amped. But it’s more likely that there was a loose, or ungrounded connection somewhere.

Since the roof panel connection was working before you plugged in the portable, you should first check the wiring from the SAE port to the charge controller. You can do that with a multimeter at the SAE receptacle. Note the polarity. If resistance shows no continuity, or fluctuating ohms, you either have a short, or the ground wire is loose. If all wiring is in proper order, I would suggest calling the dealer and telling him your charge controller blew up when supplied with input voltages and amperage’s within spec. You may need to replace the controller.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:19 PM   #160
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, I should have clarified. My charge controller and battery are all fine. It's still functioning without issues.

I also emailed Go Power! Tech Support and they provided the following:

"Normally the solar on the side plug is wired directly to the battery. Winnebago does it a bit differently and wire it in parallel with the solar input. Usually they wire the roof panels in series to put over 40 volatge to the controller. If adding a single panel to the parallel port with a volatge output lower than the 40 volts from the roof lowers the solar input to the controller.

Solutions would be to change the roof connections to parallel so that when you add the second panel you wire all three panels in parallel. Or change the way the solar on the side plug is connected and add the panel with a solar controller to the battery."
iRanduMi is offline   Reply With Quote