Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2023, 05:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Great Price with a Catch 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 210TB

I am all set to purchase a new/used 2022 Winnebago FLX210TB. The dealer that has the TT it purchased it from another dealer as an unsold unit, meaning it is still new (Never been "used") but because it has changed hands (one dealer to another) Winnebago has determined that they would not honor the warranty as "New" and as such this new, unused TT is sold as is . While the price negotiated is very good (About 31K), I am reluctant to pull the trigger considering all of the build and manufacturing defects without the warranty.
Question: Is there an after market warranty that would take care of most of the underlying problems that have been plaguing this model/brand?
Is the savings (appears to be somewhat substantial) enough that the cost to correct the potential problems should outway the lack of the warranty?
Thoughts?
SDFLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 06:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has been titled somewhere to someone other than the manufacturer?
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 08:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

When you say “Winnebago has determined”, does that mean you talked with WBGO customer service? Did WBGO tell you that, or the dealer. The easy way to tell is to call WBGO with the VIN#. If it was sold by a dealer, and title changed hands, it’s used. If title still held by WBGO, it’s new. Dealers never take title to new units. $31K is an outrageously good price for a new FLX. So, I doubt it’s new.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
When you say “Winnebago has determined”, does that mean you talked with WBGO customer service? Did WBGO tell you that, or the dealer. The easy way to tell is to call WBGO with the VIN#. If it was sold by a dealer, and title changed hands, it’s used. If title still held by WBGO, it’s new. Dealers never take title to new units. $31K is an outrageously good price for a new FLX. So, I doubt it’s new.
Its been confirmed, it's never been sold or used ever. I made sure to check that first with Winnebago in indiana with the vin#. Winnebago also confirmed that with the transfer from dealership to dealership the TT became a used vehicle. It has to be sold that way, per Winnebago.
The negotiated price is as stated. Same questions still apply.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:21 PM   #5
Site Team

Hi SDFLX,
I have heard many times of the very long wait times to get warrantee service completed. If it were me, I would issue my own warranty program using what I saved if I were to have purchased a new 2023. For example, if you saved $15,000, then put that money aside and use it to repair whatever comes-up on the trailer. Also, a good mobile technician can come to your house to fix your trailer with very little wait time. Yes, I would say you will save money, time, and frustration.
Eagle5
Old 08-21-2023, 09:30 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

No. It went from one dealership (that went out of business) as an unsold TT to another dealership that must sell it as used (per Winnebago)
Old 08-21-2023, 09:39 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFLX View Post
No. It went from one dealership (that went out of business) as an unsold TT to another dealership that must sell it as used (per Winnebago)
Yes, I did understand that it is now considered used. I think you are saving enough money to just pay somebody to fix whatever problems do arise.
Old 08-22-2023, 06:09 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

SDFLX No. It went from one dealership (that went out of business) as an unsold TT to another dealership that must sell it as used (per Winnebago)

Maybe the selling dealer doesn't have any history of the unit and can't/won't find out from a dealer who went out of business. And maybe Winnebago can't/won't deal with the dealer that's gone. That said, if I'm the buyer, its a used trailer and should be priced as used. I don't have knowledge of RV pricing, but I'll bet that warranty is an expensive consideration to builder and dealer.

Eagle5 Hi SDFLX,
I have heard many times of the very long wait times to get warrantee service completed. If it were me, I would issue my own warranty program using what I saved if I were to have purchased a new 2023. For example, if you saved $15,000, then put that money aside and use it to repair whatever comes-up on the trailer. Also, a good mobile technician can come to your house to fix your trailer with very little wait time. Yes, I would say you will save money, time, and frustration.
Eagle5

Agree 100% with Eagle 5. I use a mobile tech even when still under warranty rather than go to a dealer for the following reasons:

Mobile techs are as competent as the dealers service department employees (sometimes more);

No down-time waiting for repairs;

If it's a component that's under a manufacturer's warranty, refrigerator, AC, etc., the cost of the repair and the service call is usually paid for - if it's the manufacturer's rep doing the work and pre-authorized;

The cost of the trip to the dealer is usually less expensive than the repair, but it's a factor worth looking at for minor repairs.

But, sometimes you have just have to bring it in.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOS 3 View Post
Has been titled somewhere to someone other than the manufacturer?
Just the dealership as an unsold unit then changed hands to the dealership that I am considering purchasing from. Winnebago confirmed it is unused but because of the change of hands must be sold as used with "No Warranty".
Old 08-22-2023, 12:37 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
SDFLX No. It went from one dealership (that went out of business) as an unsold TT to another dealership that must sell it as used (per Winnebago)

Maybe the selling dealer doesn't have any history of the unit and can't/won't find out from a dealer who went out of business. And maybe Winnebago can't/won't deal with the dealer that's gone. That said, if I'm the buyer, its a used trailer and should be priced as used. I don't have knowledge of RV pricing, but I'll bet that warranty is an expensive consideration to builder and dealer.

Eagle5 Hi SDFLX,
Eagle5

Agree 100% with Eagle 5. I use a mobile tech even when still under warranty rather than go to a dealer for the following reasons:

Mobile techs are as competent as the dealers service department employees (sometimes more);

No down-time waiting for repairs;

If it's a component that's under a manufacturer's warranty, refrigerator, AC, etc., the cost of the repair and the service call is usually paid for - if it's the manufacturer's rep doing the work and pre-authorized;

The cost of the trip to the dealer is usually less expensive than the repair, but it's a factor worth looking at for minor repairs.

But, sometimes you have just have to bring it in.
So it appears the general concensus is that it is a very good price But considering it will not come with the warranty would you buy it? and if the answer is yes how much should I set aside for not dealer repairs for the first year? You know just in case
Old 08-22-2023, 01:31 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I guess the only thing I’ll say is this…. There have been a few horror stories about the FLX lately, and I’m not discounting those in any way. Just remember that you’re going to hear the worst on a site like this, from people who have found genuine issues. What you don’t see is the people who have had no issues. In my case, “out of the box” I had to staple a loose drawer bottom back on, net cost about 10 minutes of my time and $1 if I didn’t already have the staples on hand. I’m very happy with mine, and would buy again.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:34 PM   #12
Site Team

Hi Bryan,
It is good to hear a positive-feedback story like yours.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 08-22-2023, 02:43 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFLX View Post
So it appears the general concensus is that it is a very good price But considering it will not come with the warranty would you buy it? and if the answer is yes how much should I set aside for not dealer repairs for the first year? You know just in case
I would buy it and not worry about "no warranty". It's likely you will get a good TT and not need it. I also don't buy extended coverage; they often don't work as advertised.

I wouldn't worry or try and prepare for unknown future costs, but know there could be some. Most neighborhoods have reputable repair facilities like https://rvrepairdirect.com/directory...handising-inc/ and good mobile repair trucks as well.

Buy it and enjoy it. Avoid what repairs you can with periodic maintenance. That's another thread.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:19 PM   #14
Site Team

Is the selling dealer a Winnebago dealer? I doubt it matters much, but perhaps that's the reason it's considered a used TT but has never been titled?

You'll need to bone up on the SunPower, Xantrax and Lithionics power trilogy from posts here. The dealer will likely not know anything about it, how it should be setup, nor how to tell you to operate it.

Oh, and make sure it still has the $4000 Lithionics battery still in the TT. We know of one member here that traded his FLX into a non-Winnebago dealer and they didn't want to accept the battery. So, he removed it and put it on sale in our Classifieds. Then we heard later the dealer figured out that he had made a mistake and wanted to buy it back.

I doubt other dealers are that stupid. But just in case, make double sure.

One more thing, even without a Winnebago warranty you have separate warranties on the A/C, the Inverter, the Lithionics battery, the fridge, water heater, the Axles and probably lots more things too. So, you're not giving up much.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

We payed $38,900 plus tax for our FLX last summer and I felt pretty good about the deal. During the one year warranty period, the only real issue repaired under warranty was the black tank valve. We also had some nitpicky trim and faucet issues addressed. It’s your money but I’d take the deal.

As far as issues with the FLX system, I believe taking the time to understand the system and proper settings should mitigate most headaches. Also, moderating expectations in terms of what the system can do off grid and for how long.

I’ve been happy with our experience and the quality of the camper so far. I also inherited a fair amount of superstition from mom so now I’m worried I have jinxed our Micro Minnie! ��
crumjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 04:56 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Trigger pulled

Based upon the feedback from this post, I moved ahead with the purchase of the 2022 FLX 2108 TB. While there is no warranty (Which I think is a mistake that Winnebago should reassess as a policy) I agree with this groups idea that the money saved from a great purchase price of $31k can be utilized for needed repairs (if any).
I also appreciate the information that there are separate (non-Winnebago) warranties for several key appliances on the TT.
Best 👍
Old 08-27-2023, 05:15 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

I feel like I've just been down a very similar road. Bought a '22 Minnie for a great price, because Texas dealers were starting to sweat over having them on their lots, I think. Drove 8 hours each way to pick it up, and then found out how hard it would be to leverage the warranty. My nearest dealer is 4 hours away, and they've almost never got availability or parts on short notice.

I've fixed at least three interior carpentry problems, put new epoxy in the screw holes for the city water inlet assembly and re-attached it, partially addressed one window that could not close because of a frame defect, upgraded the pocket door rollers because one broke, replaced the tongue jack, replaced a defective holding tank valve, fixed a rattle in the ceiling from the A/C unit, and modified one pocket door stop because it was getting stuck. I owe that one window a little more work or a replacement, and am planning to fix the fact that the stereo has its zones wired backwards by upgrading it. So far the only major item was the tongue jack (and an opportunity to upgrade that to a faster one was quite welcome).

I suggest going through the interior with a fine-tooth comb, looking for carpentry problems. Most of mine seemed to be in tight places, where someone either lacked the correct tools or did not know to use them. Also, check the operation of each drawer, cabinet door, blinds, exterior window and door yourself, very carefully. If things bind, stick, or fall apart in your hands, call that unacceptable.

I have had some headaches and wish I had been more careful about inspection at the dealer. If you are, and you generate a list, you may be able to negotiate the price down even further, or get the dealer to fix some things. At a minimum you'll know a lot more about what you will want to deal with yourself.

Because we knew we wanted a 2337TB and they've only been making those since 2022, I ended up turning the energy I thought I would focus on refreshing an older used trailer into repairing the things that Winnebago didn't get right at the factory. The warranty has been worthless to me. The stuff that's gone wrong has been mostly small, and when I fix things, I often get to solve for better-than-new.

To sum, yes there have been some really stupid workmanship issues, but little in the way of major problems, and I've still saved significant money over buying a 2023 model nearby.
carpedatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 06:38 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

You made a good decision.
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 06:50 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

SDFLX, you will find LOTS of opinions on this site and opinions are like anuses, everyone has one and they're generally stinky. Best of luck with your ultimate decision and see you on the road.
GrumpyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 12:15 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

More important, check the build date. Look for 2/22 or newer to save some other hassles on QC.
Audioi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat