Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Vroom Slide System Upgrade on Micro Minnie 2108DS

We have had 2 Schwintek failures on our 2021 2108DS and decided to have a Vroom slide system installed, we have an Extra Ride extended warranty that covered over half the cost. We also had rollers installed on the inboard side of the wall which helps keep the dinette level when it is pulled in. I still think I will put Yoga blocks under the dinette as suggested by someone this group. So if you have questions let me know. I have 2 Lippert slide motors I can’t use and will be selling them. Thanks Ron
RonW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

How did that all go? Did you have to take it to Tucson? I am curious about doing this as well with ours (2022 FLX, 2108FBS) but wanted to know how others went.
Old 06-30-2023, 10:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi RovingMedics, We did not have to go to Tucson to have this work done, we had it done in Plainville, Conn at CT motor cars a coaches, they are a Tiffin motor coach facility. There are 2 places on the east cost that are authorized to install Vroom Slide systems, the other facility in in Red Bay Alabama. You can call vroom and they will give the others facilities
Vroom in Tucson just built a facility just for installing slides. In my opinion it was worth the time and the money to have this done, especially if you plan to keep your rig. So here’s how it goes: 1 put down a deposit, 2 if your slides have the dimensions on them you can send them, 3 then you wait and wait, Vroom has a back log making the slide system, 4 in you have it done in Plainville Conn, Wendy will give you a call and she offers 2 date, 5 you take your rig up and drop it off, they have electric and water and the cleanest dump station I have ever seen, 6 they will say it take 2 weeks but they usually get it done faster. Just so you know Brian the owner of Vroom goes to each facility and trains them on how to do the install. They did add rollers on the inside at their recommendation to help with the dinett sag when closed and it works. When we left Plainvile, we went and camped in the Delaware Water Gap Nat Rec area, Dingmans camp ground site 59. If you are fly fishing per you will be in heaven. Hope this helps and feel free to ask me more questions Ron
Old 06-30-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonW58 View Post
Hi RovingMedics, We did not have to go to Tucson to have this work done, we had it done in Plainville, Conn at CT motor cars a coaches, they are a Tiffin motor coach facility. There are 2 places on the east cost that are authorized to install Vroom Slide systems, the other facility in in Red Bay Alabama. You can call vroom and they will give the others facilities

Good to know, thanks. We're in Northern California so Tucson would be a much shorter drive, and we have friends down there that we could visit.

We haven't had any issues with our slide out (yet) but we're definitely thinking about these if the need should arise.

Will give them a call and ask if they have anyone up this way. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2023, 11:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2021 MW Winnebago with two slides, what would the cost be?
MW26T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 09:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Call The Tucson location they will give you a quote over the phone.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW26T View Post
I have a 2021 MW Winnebago with two slides, what would the cost be?
Over $6000 last I checked
FT RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 10:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If your not having problems, I would not do anything, but when my 2nd Schwintek went I said not going to do that again. Ron
Old 07-13-2023, 08:19 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

I'm new to this board but not owning travel trailers. Considering buying new 2022 2108DS FLX. I've never had a slide out and seaching this thread there seems to be some issues. I am retired and travel alone so I can deal without the slide and keep it simple.

However I like all the features and the 22 is deeply discounted. Any additional thoughts on slides? John
Redfish20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I too am about to purchase flx.

Slide does not bother me. What does is improperly stored battery and unmaintained for 1 yr.

Slide should work well if its used properly and not damaged.

Perhaps wedge something under it during transit to keep the end from bouncing, don't use it while in, dont load it heavily, etc.
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, upgrade