Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-16-2024, 09:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Jeep Grand Cherokee towing suspension setup?

Good day,
I will be towing a Micro Minnie 2108 at 5500 lbs with a Jeep GC which can pull 7500 lbs, factory tow package, blu ox WDH.
The Jeep Overland has air shocks and adjusts suspension based on speed, etc.
I have the Curt under dash Bluetooth brake controller but have not yet hooked up a trailer.

Will the Jeep go into “Tow Mode” once it sees the trailer connected?

Do I need to set the suspension to:
Tire jack mode?
Wheel alignment mode?
Transport mode ( I think this is for when the jeep is being towed, not the tow vehicle)

I’m guessing the suspension will fight the WDHl???

Any insight from Jeep owners?
Thx! Bill
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The Jeep model, year, plus all optional equipment, is required if you want sound advice. What you will be towing is secondary.
If you have the owners manual, read the towing section.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Old 03-18-2024, 11:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Page 186 of your owners manual.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2024, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Not in manual?

P186 of the manual shows how to set the parking brake.
Nowhere in the manual does it describe any tow settings, suspension settings for towing, or call out a “tow mode” I read online…
Perplexed! Bill
Old 03-22-2024, 11:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmlunt View Post
P186 of the manual shows how to set the parking brake.
Nowhere in the manual does it describe any tow settings, suspension settings for towing, or call out a “tow mode” I read online…
Perplexed! Bill
pages 186 and 187 as numbered on each page, not the counter on the pdf frame.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Does your Grand Cherokee have the integrated towing package and brake controller ?

If so, once you hook up the wiring harness, the Trailer Tow option should be available via the steering wheel navigation options, or via the menu's on the main system screen. In my Durango I found somewhere on line a separate document for it all. I'll see if I can find it again and post here

-Steve
STCLARKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Hi Steve
The Jeep GC has the factory tow package but there was no OEM brake controller available per the stealership. I have the Curt under dash Bluetooth model.
Seems a bit buggy, app hangs a bit. Have had little stick time with it connected to the trailer, just a bit during the trailer inspection.
I saw nothing on the dashboard, I will check the screen to see if anything is semi-hidden there when next attached.
There is nothing on tow mode settings for suspension in the manual…
Thanks again!
Bill

Tags
suspension, towing, tow