Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
2019 Micro Minnie 2108DS

Slide leaking when retracted, 2019 Micro Minnie 2108ds

I've had a "new to me" 2019 Mirro Minnie 2108DS for about a year. It's the first travel trailer I've owned. It doesn't appear the previous owner had used it very much - it was essentially new.

I'm getting a slow water leak, coming in through the slide, when the slide is in (retracted). After a light 24-hr rain, there was about a cup of water on the floor, near the rear of the trailer, just under the slide rails. I could feel a little water sitting on the lower rear slide rail.
The "squeegee" seal is all nice and straight, not twisted. When outside the trailer and the slide is pulled in, the seal seems more compressed at the top of the slide than the bottom. Is this normal? It's not a lot - barely 1/4", but it's pretty easy to see. The attached pics show that difference (not sure why they got rotated when uploaded).

Other than that, no major problems. I'm assuming that "something, usually small, always needs fixing" is par for the course of RV/trailer life...

Thanks for any help or ideas...
Bob in NC

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...1&d=1635539370

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...1&d=1635539370
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1012.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	181193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1011.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	181194  

ingots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Because you are situated in the State of New York, and are subject to winter conditions...I'd try quickly as possible to find a solution (obviously you want to!) for you don't want water to sit in the cut-out of the wall that the slide moves in and out of. Water freezes at an added volume of 33 percent...and that might cause some damage to the actual wall of the trailer...or parts of the slide the freezing water will expand force upon.

Good luck in finding your solution, hopefully before a prolonged freezing.
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide