Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #241
Winnebago Camper

Hi codgerbill
I remember the tent and tent trailer. Also the bad words thrown around tryng to back the trailer into a space.
We may have an old rv...but never plan on going back.
Welcome to the board!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 09-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #242
Winnebago Camper

Tod
Welcome to the group!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #243
Winnebago Camper

Hi from Atlanta, GA. We're picking up a 2006 Adventurer 38J tomorrow. Hubby is retired but both of us work part-time and don't plan on full-timing (yet!). We bought our first RV in 2003 (Keystone Everest 5th wheel) and finally made the decision to spare the bucks and get the real thing. I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to reading and contributing posts. For a while, I think my posts will all be in the question form (lol) but look forward to the day when I can feel like an oldtimer. Thanks, everyone, for providing so much great information in this forum.

sunnydays (Rick and Carol)
2006 Winnie 38J Adventurer
Atlanta, Georgia

(and Penni the dachshund)
Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #244
Winnebago Camper

Welcome the the board sunnydays(rick and carol)

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #245
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the welcome, Glenda and Grant. We brought our '06 Adventurer home a short while ago and got 1/2 our stuff transferred from our 5'er before it got dark. Wouldn't you know it, gotta work the next two days and have a family commitment this weekend, so we won't get to really try it out for a few more days. We now have some thoughts/questions I'd like to pose to the more informed, so as I get time, I'll check in and address those in the appropriate forum thread. Happy to be here!

(and Penni the dachshund)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #246
Winnie-Wise

Just got back home from our trip to San Diego. 1100 plus miles and performance was better that expected. 6.3 MPG and it went up the grapevine (I5) at 50 plus except when cutoff by some fool darting in and out of traffic. It would then drop down to 30 MPH or so. I could then slowly pick back up to the 50 MPH range.

I was very impressed with the overall handling, steering, braking, etc.

The major concern is the loss of 2 quarts of oil, most of it ending up on the toad. I have an appointment with the Workhorse repair facility for next week. We have a short list of minor problems that the dealer will fix this week.

The more we get used to the interior layout the more we like it. It is not the perfect lay out, I doubt that the perfect floor plan exists.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #247
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the welcome, Glenda and Grant. We brought our '06 Adventurer home a short while ago and got 1/2 our stuff transferred from our 5'er before it got dark. Wouldn't you know it, gotta work the next two days and have a family commitment this weekend, so we won't get to really try it out for a few more days. We now have some thoughts/questions I'd like to pose to the more informed, so as I get time, I'll check in and address those in the appropriate forum thread. Happy to be here!

Every day is a learning experience.
We still have not been out in our 'new to us ' RV!!
Next year!!
They are talking snow later this week...That's Saskatchewan!! Wait 5 minites and the weather will change!!
Again welcome to the board!!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #248
Winnebago Camper

Just got back home from our trip to San Diego. 1100 plus miles and performance was better that expected. 6.3 MPG and it went up the grapevine (I5) at 50 plus except when cutoff by some fool darting in and out of traffic. It would then drop down to 30 MPH or so. I could then slowly pick back up to the 50 MPH range.

We have always wondered how the mileage would be o a new RV. I wonder if 6.3MPH is average??

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #249
Winnebago Camper

Location: Columbia SC on our way to Sweet Home Oregon ETA 25 Sept 08
Just checking in as requsted way back in 03 . I'm also a member of WIT and have been looking at the monthly publication page by page. Guess what? Never saw this wealth of info web site monitored by Winnebago mentioned once. Just basically stumbled upon it. We think our 33V w/ W-22 Chevy 8.1 is the best RV available. The James Bond couch (Rest Easy) and tip out storage (Store More) bins are the greatest. Actually have an extra set of knee pads now that I don't need them in the RV any longer . The 04 did not come with Billstein shocks so am having Camping World do this modification and some kind of front end steering stabelizer. Check my profile for more and again in a couple weeks and I'll update the front end stabilizer factoid. From what I've been reading, the Ultra Power package will do everything the other company markets "they" will do for 1/3 the price. Not really looking for >MPG juz some extra pedal room taking on the big hills in the West where Fort Living Room will be located.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:48 AM   #250
Winnebago Owner

Hi all! We are going to be picking up our 2004 Adventurer 37b in about 1 week, so I thought I would drop in a note.Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing info.

Joe & Sherri
Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #251
Winnebago Master

Joe & Sherri;

Congratulations on your new to you Adventure. Winnebago makes some great coaches and I believe you will enjoy yours. Welcome to the Winnebago Forum. Post often and let us know how everything is going. We have a wealth of information available to you just by asking. You will find friendly owners who will be most happy to answer any questions you may have.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 11-29-2007, 04:14 AM   #252
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Congratulations on your new to you Adventure. Winnebago makes some great coaches and I believe you will enjoy yours. Welcome to the Winnebago Forum. Post often and let us know how everything is going. We have a wealth of information available to you just by asking. You will find friendly owners who will be most happy to answer any questions you may have.

Don
Thanks, Don. We are very excited and are foaming at the mouth in anticipation. I wish it happened a few months ago so the weather would be better, but better than never!

Joe & Sherri
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #253
Winnebago Camper

Hello everyone! After many months of reaseach and being paralyzed with indecision, I finally made the big plung. On 11/12/07 I took possession of my new Tour, model 40FD. Purchased it in Prescott, AZ and immediately had my first big adventure by driving it cross country by myself to our home in South Carolina.
The coach drove and handled like a dream. Have a few minor issues and am wondering if anyone can recommend a authorized Winnebago dealer in SC or Georgia that is reliable and does good work. I'm so glad to have found this site as I am a first time RV owner and need lots of advise and help.
Tom
Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 AM   #254
Winnebago Master

Tom;

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Tour. Welcome to the Winnebago Owners forum. I can't answer your question about a dealer. A call to Winni would help answer your question. We have Winni owners in SC and perhaps some one will answer your question. DriVer comes to mind and maybe he will pick up on this.

Post often and let us know how everything is going. You have come to the right place to get your questions answered.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #255
Winnebago Camper

I have been reading the comments about the "bugs" some people have with these coaches. I broke the piggybank and purchased an 04 Adventurer brand new. We love the motorhome when we can use it. I have had some bizarre problems from day one. My counter top cracked, the Engine A/C hardly worked and the had to have an additional condensor added because Wokhorse and Winnebago didn't communicate on what evaporator to use, the washing machine broke twice, the radio went out, the battery disconnect switch failed, the HWH jack system stopped working, the skylight leaked and two of the compartments leaked, the shocks had to be replaced because the bouncing was so bad the front wheels felt like they were leaving the ground. Other than those few problems in the last three years and 4,000 miles , it's been great.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #256
Winnebago Master

hollycowitsbig;

Sorry to hear of all your problems. Several of these were a result of vendor supplied products. Did your dealer and/or Winnebago work with you to resolve these problems? I have a 03 with 30,000 + miles and other than a HWH problem it has been trouble free. HWH worked with me well to correct the problem.

Don
Old 12-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #257
Winnebago Watcher

We have owned 3 Winnebagos...the latest being a 2003 Adventurer Model 33V...I have been having some problems with the rear coach heater fan..it screams when it is turned on...I got some advise from another member on how to get the fan out and replace it...don't know if I am going to try or not...it looks complicated.

anyway hello to all Winnebago members and I will be reading the posts.

Have a good day
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #258
Winnebago Master

With that many coachs you should be a member.
Welcome to the Winne forum enjoy and DO post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 12-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #259
Winnebago Master

firesafety552;

Welcome to the forum & the Winnebago Forum. IMHO you have found the friendliest site on the internet. Post often and keep us advised of your travel experiences.

Don't be afraid to ask questions as we have a wealth of information available just by asking.

Don
Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #260
Winnebago Camper

Petro,
Did your problem with the HWH system turn out to be the control panel? Mine is in the shop and I was told it needed a control panel. I have the 8.1L chevy motor and I added the Banks system (air and exhaust). I didn't notice any gas mileage improvement but, I did notice a power improvement. The headers actually made the engine quieter. The only thing I notice about it is, the exhaust has a race car sound when you are climbing a hill, and it down shifts. I actually was able to direct some noise back to the Harley riders. I guess noise can save lives and give riders a headache. It's funny to watch them pass me and speed up as they are going by and then turn around and look at me. I just grin and wave.
There is a place in Washington State that claims, with a new computer from them I would pick up even more horsepower and torque. I don't know if it is true and I am not payng the $600 unless someone else verifies their claims.
Closed Thread