Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #161
Winnebago Camper

We've been lurking for awhile and have learned so much about MHs here. We traveled FT many years ago with a 5th wheel, ready to go FT again, but this time in a Winnebago. Fell in love with the new '06-07 Journey 36', but a neighbor in our community is selling their 2004 39K. Although we thought we were a year or so away from hitting the road again, this may prompt us to go sooner. We are still working through the deal, but would appreciate any advice on what to look for specifically related to the '04 Journey, any particular issues to be aware of? We have all the specs on the coach and thanks to this site, we found the service parts list. Appreciate all the advice and input from the members.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #162
Winnebago Camper

I have been a member of irv2 for some time but never posed on this exclusive site. We are leaving June 18th for Alaska from East Texas with many stops along the way. I have gleaned some valuable information from other posts and learned things about my MH I did not know...information that I have used to prepare for this extended trip. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #163
Winnebago Master

I think this is post #2 or 3 to i2RV. We have an '06 Meridian 34H (RV #3) and even though I'm a member on another forum, I thought this is a good place to hang with "kin" . Jeff

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #164
Winnebago Master

To make you at home on irv2 added you to the Winnebago forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 05-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #165
Winnebago Master

Well thank you GoneFishin we appreciate it for that we'll make you a member for while your not fishing.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 AM   #166
Winnebago Camper

Another new owner of a '99 Winnebago Adventurer comes out of lurking to check in. Hi!
I'll say it again, Thank You to all that contribute to these forums for your invaluable experiences and opinions. A little time spent here can save a bunch of money and/or trouble down the road.
In another life i was a truck driver and learned from other drivers, similar to an aprenticeship. We don't have that in the RV & Motor Coach world. While you can't beat mileage, you can still avoid pit-falls by doing a little reading right here. Thank You - Thank You - Thank You.

Steve
Old 05-10-2007, 06:29 AM   #167
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally posted by Farmerjones:
... comes out of lurking to check in. Hi!
I'll say it again, Thank You to all that contribute to these forums...
Steve, Thank you for joining us on iRV2.com. We know you have a choice and we hope that we can meet your needs going forward on a daily basis. As you have observed the membership here is one of the most knowledgeable group of folks that you'll find anywhere. They are very willing to share their experiences with other members without reservation and I hope that you feel welcome to post and please visit us often.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #168
Winnebago Watcher

Hi I am responding to yor post of last year asking for a roll call. I am new t the site, we are the owners of a 94 Brave and are thinking about a new motorhome. So I have been searching the web hi and low trying to get a bit of a handle of whats out there these days.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #169
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, I've been lurking for years
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #170
Winnebago Master

Welcome Brad94 to irv2
Glad you could join us check the forums for coach you maybe interested in and ask away.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #171
Winnebago Master

P Hanson welcome to the forum
Thanks for joining us no need to be a lurker just join right in you have been RVING so you have something to say with your experience.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #172
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
P Hansen WELCOME
Old 05-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #173
Winnebago Camper

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd pop in from lurking for a moment to ask for a little advice. I'm wondering how or when do you start to consider a lemon law situation for a coach? Does such a thing exist for an RV? A lemon law that is.

Any insight that anyone could offer would be appreciated.

2007 Saturn Outlook V6 FWD, Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #174
Winnebago Master

Whats happened with your coach most of your posts have been on the positive side with your new coach.
You could check with your AG office and find out from them what chance you may have with lemons in So. Cal.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #175
Winnebago Master

Good advice, checking with your local AG office, as the lemon law does not pertain to motorhomes in many states.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #176
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally posted by "007":
Whats happened with your coach most of your posts have been on the positive side with your new coach.
You could check with your AG office and find out from them what chance you may have with lemons in So. Cal.
007-

First, let me clarify, we love our coach there's no question. Also, I still feel confident we like the Winnebago product.

I am, in fact, trying to assess at what point we go from all the little service items being those things you expect to contend with on an RV and when they become an indication of a bigger problem(s).

We have had our share of the typical stuff I'd expect as an RV owner. Broken latches, scratches or scuff marks on furniture and flooring, loose brackets, bad rollers on the front curtains, etc. (there are several)

There have been significantly more items. Bad wiring on lighting fixtures, a pocket door sticking problem they have attempted to fix 3 times and I will be taking it in for the same problem again this week.

What I consider to be more significant problems include replacing 4 hydraulic fittings due to leaks, and the front windshield (and apparently both front side windows) leak. The two side windows were replaced and I was told the two front front windshields were re-sealed. I will be taking it in again this week because the repairs have not fixed the problem. They are still leaking.

The little stuff doesn't bother me so much, but the hydraulic leaks and the water leaking through the windshields are of major concern.

Any advice? Am I over reacting? Would most of you consider these things major items of concern? Or should I not worry about it more than normal?

haleraiser

2007 Saturn Outlook V6 FWD, Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 AM   #177
Winnebago Master

If this Dealer can not resolve your problems have you considered calling MFG to find a Dealer that can resolve your problems.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #178
Winnebago Watcher

Hi we have just purchased a 2006 Itasca Sunrise 33V used with only 4846 miles when we picked it up 20 days ago the previse owner bought @ same dealer we did about 13 months ago his wife got sick and they never used all books were still in Micro Reg . etc he traded it back in on a small class C so we got what we think was good deal we have been looking for 8 months and looked at alot of units DW just feel in love with this one SOOOOOOOO!!! here I am
Bill
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 AM   #179
Winnebago Master

Welcome prr909 to irv2.
Congrats on your Sunrise purchase many happy and safe miles.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #180
Winnebago Owner

Hi, everyone!

I found this site 2 days ago, and I've already learned so much from all of you great people that I thought it only appropriate to properly register.

We recently gave the class C that we'd owned for eight years to my dad ('88 Travel Master...in pretty good shape still, and he's having fun tinkering with it). We wanted to upgrade to a Class A, so after much shopping around and seeing many brands, we purchased our first Winnebago...a 2000 Adventurer 37G. We are loving it!

We've only had the chance to take it out on one 3 night outing so far. As luck would have it, the A/C went out on it on the trip (it worked perfectly until the second day!). She's going to have to go back to the dealer this next Wed. to get it repaired, and I so hope that it won't take very long. We did buy the top service contract, so it appears the problem will be covered, we hope. Oh well...let's focus on the positive. My DH and I really like this coach and are so excited to finally own a Class A! Now we have to just get used to saying "coach" instead of "camper" all of the time!

Btw... My siggy isn't as mechanically detailed as all of yours because I'm the wife and don't know about all of that stuff yet!
Closed Thread