Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

Welcome to the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum

Hey gang,as sort of the "newest" Winnebago Owners Forum moderator on the block,I've been wondering just how many of our readers are purely in the silent lurking phase.
Many times throughout the day,the "guest" list to this site far exceeds the number of members here....It made me curious,so I'm asking specifically those of you that are gueststo participate.
You might possibly be a current Winnebago owner, or even someone contemplating the future purchase of a Winnebago product.

I would like to ask anyone who has never posted in the Winnebago forum to consider making one post.The purpose for this post would sort of be an online roll call...

Your post could introduce yourself,or maybe the type of rig you own or are interested in. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make a one-time post and then lurk again if desired.

Thank you for visiting the Winnebago Forum!

iRV2.com's Mission Statement:
"Efficiently Support the Thoughtful Exchange of Knowledge, Values and Experiences Among RV Enthusiasts."
Old 02-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I will be retiring in 2 to 3yrs and am intrested in the Adventure 37b or Journey 39k. I am getting a lot of good information from irv2. Thank you all.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the encouragement to make a post. I own a 1998 Itasca that we purchased 4 years ago. It is a wonderful MH and we really enjoy it. Thanks for a forum dedicated to Winnie owners. I've tried several RV related forums and this is the most informative and friendliest forum I've seen!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Thank you both for your posts....

Welcome!!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for encouraging me to post, I have been reading this forum for about four years and have received a lot of information. We have had more than our share of problems with our Journey, the worst was when our Propane Tank started coming apart at the weld and leaking just as I had it filled. We did have it fixed under warranty but what a hassle!
Old 02-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Welcome Pete and Patty!!

Now that'd be SOME propane leak!!

Thanks for the post,if you feel comfortable at some time, we'd love to hear more!!

Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Rebelsbeach and everyone. I am also a "silent lurker" and will probably stay that way until I think I can help someone. But the info on this forum is fantastic. Keep up the good work everyone.
lowtide
Old 02-26-2006, 02:32 AM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Welcome to the iRV2 community lowtide,your Forum ID's all set and you may resume lurking...
Old 02-26-2006, 02:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey sign me up too.

Steve . . . 05 Journey 39k . . . Green Mini Cooper S Toad
Old 02-27-2006, 08:24 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Glad to have you Steve....

For those of you that might spend more time in the Winnebago forum,but that are interested in getting together with other iRV2'ers,be sure and check the link to the "rally" page...It's toward the bottom of the main page.

Lot's of opportunities to get that RV out!!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Well, I've got a Journey now, but in about two years I'll be ready to buy my "final" something or other. I'm debating between Winnebago products and a Dutch Star. So I monitor both this and the Newmar forum.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We too have a Winnebago. Gained much info from this forum which helped us to choose a 32'Journey. Great short coach to get into some of our favorite state campground sites.
Thanks to all, will continue to lurk.

Bill
Old 03-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Welcome journeylad and Bill & Janet to IRV2
Thanks for your posts and join in often. Ken anytime you want to join the Newmar Owners Forum let me know after you get that Newmar. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

Hey there....WELCOME journeyland and Bill and Janet!

Was actually 70 here today so I'm a bit late in welcoming you guys...thanks to 007 for jumping in!!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I'm having a heckuvatime figuring out how to use this site! When I have posted there don't seem to be a way to tell if it really got posted. I have discovered a lot of valuable info on the forum but am really confused by the workings of the forum. For instance; lower left corner of this box. What is "notifications" and when should it be on/off? How is it turned on or off?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

Dick, the "notifications" area is used to notify YOU of replies to your post in a specific forum...When you click on the notification "icon" you can select email notification "weekly","daily" or "immediate" notification by email...

Across the top of the page you are viewing is the word "go" where you can select many different things,one of which is "favorites".
I use this a lot when I am "watching" a topic for an answer. I will send you a provate message and try and explain a little more....Watch for a "NEW PM" icon to appear on the tool bar above the forums...
Old 03-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

Dick....also try this....

Click on Go>>My Space>>Notifications. From the window that appears make your selection from any or all of the following areas to set your notifications.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Private Messages
Forums
Topics
Members[/list]
Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I am also a new Winnie owner. My wife and I bought a 1998 Adventurer and picked it up this past Saturday. That was my special day. My wife's was Sunday and Monday when we spent tons of $$ filling it up. I have been an rv.net member for a short while and was directed here as it is product specific. I will look forward to checking in. Looks like a great place to learn the tools of the trade...John

Bucks County PA
Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #19
Administrator Emeritus

John,WE WELCOME you and hte wife to iRV2!!

Put your feet up and make yurself at home...

You'll find lots of great information here and many nice people that share it too!
Check out the main page where there are links to many things, even area where "getting together" on weekend and weekling campouts is discussed.
Let us here more about your rig and what part of the country yous tart your trips from...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Hi everyone, my wife and I have been campers for 30 years and have had all types of units. We just sold our '88 Coachman TT that we bought new and have bought a '05 Adventurer 38J with 8000 miles on it. After a 200 mile white knuckle drive home from the dealers in a snow storm we are now ready for our first trip and are heading out this weekend to Nashville. Wish us luck.
Closed Thread