Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Hello all, a new member needs some help

Just want to say hello, I'm a new member and will probably need help to understand how to use the forum, so if I make stupid mistakes please excuse me. I don't know where to ask a question I have about my Sightseer 27C I just purchased. I will try it here, When I turn the key on a Air Compressor starts running for about 25 seconds, then stops. It is mounted in a metal box in the storage compartment on the passenger side just behind the entry door. I do not see it mentioned in any of the Winnebago Manuals I was given, Does anyone know what it is furnishing air to? No air lines are visible coming out of it and it looks like a factory installed unit. The 2002 Sightseer brochure never mentions an option for something using a compressor. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
WIDEHIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Don't know what a factory installed air compressor would be for. Maybe someone added air bags and has the automatic air option. If so there should be a pressure gauge on the dash somewhere. Does the compressor have Ride Rite on it anywhere.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Are you sure it is an air compressor? There is a brake "booster" system that will come on with the key on many Ford chassis. It is designed to maintain brake pressure when the engine is off.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome to the forum fellow Texan! You might post any Winnebago questions in the Winnebago Owners section for better response. Good luck!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Howdy and welcome to the forum. Enjoy the site as I'm sure you will. Plenty of people to help with questions you may have. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I installed one of those in my previous motor homes. It is for a roadmaster brakemaster 9000 brake system. Go to www.brakemasterinc.com and you can check it out.
Ecodriver05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I agree with Ecodriver. This compressor is for the brakemaster brake system with hydraulia brake for your tow. Now you need brake system for your tow. I like this brake system for the tow. I bought my from ebay
rvGator is offline   Reply With Quote