Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2023, 08:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Best Product to Remove Oxidation?

Does anyone know best produce to remove oxidation.
2016minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 11:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi 2016minnie,
This Thread is a very good one on the subject:
Micro Minnie Oxidization
I am assuming that you have a Micro Minnie; is that correct?
What year, color, and floor plan do you have?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 10-24-2023, 09:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb The factory finish can be changed with wraps if necessary

Some find reducing exposure to UV can keep the trailer from oxidization of the finish. That is why many have their RV parked under a shelter if they can afford it. Call their trailers "garage queens" LOL. Like a fiberglass car the finish is chemical sensitive and abrasive polish compounds must only be used very sparingly as to not remove the finish.

It can get very expensive using compounds to restore the shine indeed. But as the finish oxidizes, one can use automotive grade finish maintenance techniques with the right compounds, application and most of all cleaning before doing mild finish restorations. Mothers brand or here in Canuck land Canadian Tire branded specific compounds for fiberglass work well if done to specs and not done over the wrap that Winnebago trailers use to bling up the looks.

We removed some of the light bone white color wrap that is used on our trailer and found that it takes a light re polish to deal with the difference made by UV exposure and dirt to the areas not covered by the stick down autowrap used by the factory.

If we removed all the bling thing stickers it would take a major repolish to make the trailer look decent to say the least as the majority of the surface area is not fiberglass surface it is a wrap layer for show.

The nice part is if you remove the branding on your rig one can purchase custom wraps and customize the trailer with just about any scene one can have printed on automotive wrap. I have been thinking of having a wrap made of my pictures of my classical guitars just for a hoot either that or lemon trees interspersed with a Caribbean palm trees or something just as tacky. But I highly doubt my spouse will ever agree to pimping out our shack on wheels that much...
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeman View Post
The nice part is if you remove the branding on your rig one can purchase custom wraps and customize the trailer with just about any scene one can have printed on automotive wrap. I have been thinking of having a wrap made of my pictures of my classical guitars just for a hoot either that or lemon trees interspersed with a Caribbean palm trees or something just as tacky. But I highly doubt my spouse will ever agree to pimping out our shack on wheels that much...
Hey Reeman, I think that's a great idea to do a custom wrap!

This is what I did... Still holding up well after 2 years.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3908112
Old 11-02-2023, 12:42 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

This issue has been discussed in many threads. Strongly suggest you do a search within this forum and a google search outside this forum. You will get more information than you ever wanted. Good luck.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 03:13 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Read some real positives on this product, never tried it.

I thought the 3M Heavy was a good product, reviews of this kicked it.

https://www.menzerna.com/boat-care