Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
Dud
Winnebago Camper

Winterizing: Thank you Tinglett

I've just finished winterizing my 2021-2108FBS using Tingletts tutorial/guide.
It was a piece of cake. One additional thing I did was put a temporary hose extension going into the jug of antifreeze.
Thanks Tinglett:
Howard ( Duds dad )
Dud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

What did you use for a hose extension? I'm set to winterize in a day or two, and an extension has been on my list. If only they made the original 6 inches longer!
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 12:43 PM   #3
Dud
Winnebago Camper

I just used a hose connector and a couple of gear clamps...easy/peasy:
Howard
Old 10-23-2023, 03:43 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

While I think I have a pretty good handle on winterizing, I'm also always open to better ways to do things.

Could someone point me in the direction of said "Tingletts" guide - thanks.
Old 10-23-2023, 07:43 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Here's where it is at in the files section: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...p?do=file&id=7 There is a download link way to the right of the filename.

Initial discussion about this was in this thread back in 2020: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ou-359115.html I finished it up by pasting the photos into the PDF.

Let me know if you think I should make changes. I could also add notes for other/newer micro-minnies where things may have moved around a little.

The one thing I'm not so sure of is if you should really pull the city water inlet screen and push on the check valve. That feels like it could break if you aren't careful, but there is water behind it so something needs to be done. I've been blowing mine out with some air before using anti-freeze (yes, I do both), and therefore I don't need to worry about water remaining in that space. So far, so good, and no freezing issues at all.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

To try and keep the toilet seal going to the black tank in good shape, after a thorough cleaning of the toilet, I put plastic wrap over the toilet to reduce the evaporation of the anti-freeze. It takes about three or four passes to seal it well.

I always put the seat down afterward or my wife still yells at me even if it is winterized.

2024 2108FBS
2012 F-250 6.2L Gas
HoosierDadNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I winterized my 2108DS FLX Friday night, was slightly worried about the fresh water inlet. Perhaps some water might stay in there.

Today I took the screen off and pressed the check valve and pink stuff came out, I was surprised, but looks like I don't have to worry about pumping into that line as magically there was antifreeze in it

I read the manual (new all of that already and they give NOTHING model specific). I used this as my reality check.

https://youtu.be/zs6bZvevV0s?si=4xuiwmAO3p3dN84f
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 01:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDadNP View Post
To try and keep the toilet seal going to the black tank in good shape, after a thorough cleaning of the toilet, I put plastic wrap over the toilet to reduce the evaporation of the anti-freeze. It takes about three or four passes to seal it well.

I always put the seat down afterward or my wife still yells at me even if it is winterized.

2024 2108FBS
2012 F-250 6.2L Gas
I was lucky and my FLX came with a dry flush. So glad I don't have to worry about a black tank or flushing toilet.
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I too like Todd, put air through the system (City and Black Flush) prior to using antifreeze.

Never thought about sealing the toilet with saran wrap, good idea.

Like the comment "putting the seat down" lol

Tags
winter