Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2023, 11:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New owner of '22 MM FLX 2306BHS - Anything I should look for?

Howdy all!

New person on this forum, jumping in with a new (unused) '22 Micro Minnie FLX 2306BHS - Built 4/2022.

I've been trying to go over all the forum threads and be on the lookout for potential issues and I'm hoping for folks point out what to look for.

1. I noticed someone say any built after Feb 2022 would be better than previous ones, and this one was built in April.
2. Lippert slide, called Winnebago and said the TSB out there for it doesn't apply but I could verify with Lippert with a V000 number behind the seal...?
3. Xantrex bluetooth app, I can't connect to change the charging to Lithium. Do I need (really want) to?
4. MPTT controller switched to Li from Flooded.
5. Mattress feels like hay covered with fabric. What's a good foam replacement? SpeedBump I believe wanted to try 8" but had the 12" and was too thick?
6. I've looked at the winterization process on Youtube. Any gotchas there?

That's as far as I've gotten. I would really appreciate all the helpful advice you can offer.

Thank you for all the info you have provided so far!
WalshGarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 11:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3929376
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 03:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome,

5) RV mattresses are not the same size as a normal home style mattress. I know Denver Mattress carries or will make rv size mattress. You may have a mattress mfg. plant near you that will make one. Any of the foam mattresses will have to be cut to size.

6) The owners manual should go through the winterizing process. You will have to locate the water heater bypass valve or valves, change there position to winterize. Drain water heater, drain fresh water tanks, open low point drain valves. Depending on where you live you can just blow the lines out our use the rv antifreeze. To use the RV antifreeze your water pump will need to have an attachment on it or on the lines to it. That attachment will allow you to suck the antifreeze out of the gallon jug.

One more point for future reference in the signature block put your rigs information. It will make it easier for folks to help.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Congrats, I have a 2022 2108 flx model (used) and found out after trying to connect my inverter to the xantrex blue tooth which I couldn't. I then learned the app I was using was wrong. I downloaded the FXC Control from xantrex and bam! I was in. Although I am new to the RV world, I've read many threads that it is the best practice to change your batter type over to lithium.

Anyway, great luck to you.
Gkpasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 12:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Winterizing:

First decide what you want to do about the battery. If it’s a heated version, or if you have a heating mat on it, you can leave it in the rv with the heater on as long as there is some source of power to the battery, such as solar, or shore power . Or you can remove the battery and bring it indoors. It really depends on whether you in area with moderate winters (like PNW) or frigid winters (like Minnesota). In moderate climates, like where we live we flip a coin depending on the farmers almanac. If we intend to use the rv at all in winter, we leave the battery in place and turn on the thermostatic heating mat only before we want to use it. Otherwise it can be switched off in ambients as low as -20F. Having the battery heated to 40F allows you to charge it up if you want to take a trip. If not heated, you can sill discharge it down to 0-20F depending on manufacturer. Otherwise, it’s easy enough to disconnect the battery terminals and bring it inside.

Make sure you do your deWinterizing steps in the correct order.
Before starting, both gray and black tanks should be empty.
1. Bypass the HWH and empty the HWH tank. Leave the cap off.
2. Empty the fresh water tank and run the pump until it runs dry (not too long if dry or you burn out the pump).
3. Attach air compressor to city water inlet and set it to 40-50 psi
4. Start blowing out fixtures one by one, hot and cold from front of trailer to rear.
5. Remove shower hose and blow out fixture thoroughly.
6. Do not forget to blow out the toilet water valve.
7. Put a bit of cooking oil in the toilet bowl to protect the ring.
8 Blow out bathroom sink valves.
9. Blow out outdoor shower lines.
10. Open low point drains and blow out.
11. Pour one cup of pink anti-freeze into each p-trap. Some Micro-Minnie’s do not have p-traps.
12. At this point if you want extra protection for severe climates, flip the fresh water pump bypass valves such that inlet from tank is off and inlet from winterizing tube is on. Stick the tube into a gallon of pink. Slightly open valves one at a time and pump through anti-freeze until you see pink come through. Shut valve and go on to the next valve making sure you don’t skip shower and toilet. You should be able to see some pink leak from the low point drains.
13. I also pour a couple of cups of pink into the toilet to protect the black tank drain valves. There should be enough in the gray tank to protect those valves if you poured pink into the traps.
14. You must remember though that the pink will not get to the hot water valves unless the hwt valves have been set to bypass position.

Leave a medium size bucket of damprid in the galley sink. Replace halfway through winter. Pink does not work if it is mixed with water, so tanks must be dry before putting pink in them.
Some people jack up the corners and put blocks/jack stands in to prevent tires from flat spotting, but we don’t do that. Do ensure the trailer roof has a slight tilt to the rear to allow snow melt and rainwater to run off the back. Some cover their A/C cowling. We don’t.