Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2024, 06:37 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Nope, originally a car dog house is actually the front clip. I'm thinking the term dog house comes from back in the day when a junk yard would have the front clip removed from a car before crushing the shell. The yards wouldn't part out a complete clip or doghouse since it was more valuable as a whole unit. And if there is a junkyard dog around and you look at the clip from behind, you can see a dog using it as a dog house.

Then again, most of you are not old enough to remember junk yard speak.
I absolutely remember that and I don't think I that old but maybe I am, but ever since I've been on the RV forums I've seen the term used for the engine housing on a Class C or van, or some front engine A's.
I also remember when people started using "front clip" more commonly than doghouse. But then I spent a lot of time at salvage yards when I was younger.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:38 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

We once owned a 1976 Full sized Ford van and I remember specifically the interior engine cover being called a doghouse. With a vivid imagination, which I happen to possess, I thought it looked remotely like a doghouse so I never questioned it.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:31 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

somehow, I feel this post is just messing with us...
Old 03-07-2024, 08:17 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
Got to wonder!
If I worried about each item I find in my yard, I would get nothing else done.

I found a roofing stapler (slap hammer?) buried in the loose insulation in my attic! I have to assume the last roofing job, somebody lost it through some gap!
Outside, I see school kids pick things up, look at them and give them a pitch as far as they can, so nothing in the yard surprises me!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:35 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Got to wonder!
If I worried about each item I find in my yard, I would get nothing else done.

I found a roofing stapler (slap hammer?) buried in the loose insulation in my attic! I have to assume the last roofing job, somebody lost it through some gap!
Outside, I see school kids pick things up, look at them and give them a pitch as far as they can, so nothing in the yard surprises me!
Last month I found a Stanley brand chain-nose pliers in my yard. Since I don't buy those expensive brands, I tried to think why they would be there. Last summer I had a new patio roof installed, so I called the company that did the work. The owner said he'd missed his from his personal tool-bag but didn't have a clue were they were.
I'm still wondering what chain-nose pliers has to do with screwing down roof panels.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 06:43 AM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

I have an '06 Aspect currently at storage lot. When I get to it, I'll look under to see if this bracket exists and let you know.
TomJeanWoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 09:37 AM   #27
Site Team

Greetings TomJeanWoz,
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 03-08-2024, 05:37 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
April 1 is only 3 weeks+ away, perhaps Rodimus will have something for us then.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-08-2024, 08:02 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Typical rv. Good luck.
worc1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:08 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJeanWoz View Post
I have an '06 Aspect currently at storage lot. When I get to it, I'll look under to see if this bracket exists and let you know.
I would really appreciate this, @TomJeanWoz. I'm pretty nervous knowing there's something under there not connected to whatever it should be connected to, or not being otherwise properly supported. Looking forward to your response.

(Of course, we also intend to crawl underneath and look around -- hoping there's another one still still connected under there to give us a hint, or at least an obvious place where it should be.)
Old 03-10-2024, 06:32 PM   #31
Winnebago Master

If it came from underneath a vehicle it wouldn't be clean like that, it would either be coated with undercoating or road dirt and grime.
BTW, Google image could only find one match to that, your pictures. It couldn't have been holding much with 3/16" pop rivets holding it on.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:07 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
YUP! Weird things happen. I just found a football in our front flower bed!
I tried planting a football once. Nothing grew so I'm assuming it just doesn't work.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:15 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

I hope it turns out to be a non-issue for you - nothing broken, nothing missing. If that's the case, you could put it on your neighbor's driveway and let them have some fun with it.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:43 AM   #34
Winnebago Watcher

Just looked under my ‘06 Aspect and found no such bracket.
TomJeanWoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:41 PM   #35
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
I tried planting a football once. Nothing grew so I'm assuming it just doesn't work.
It's easy to get it wrong as you have to do it like bulbs and plant with the right end up!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 08:04 AM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

I would agree with post stating if it was from underneath vehicle it would be much more grimey and pitted and dirty. I’m wondering if it may not be something from underneath but maybe from inside engine bay and broken off and found its way to the ground? Have you opened up the hood to see if you can see were something looks like it is missing? I’m thinking like maybe some kind of battery hold down bracket or secondary hood release bracket as possibilities? Good Luck.
Vista35F is offline   Reply With Quote