Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2023, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Options for carrying 2 small motorcycles on Minnie Winnie

Hello,

I just purchased a used 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R and I wanted to get some thoughts from others on how to carry two small motorcycles (Honda Trail 125s at 260 lbs each) on it. We are really hoping to avoid towing a trailer and so we got this double hitch rack--

https://www.discountramps.com/double...r/p/AMC-600-2/

We are now realizing though that the rack plus the two cycles will exceed the tongue weight capacity on the Minnie by 80lbs (260x2 + 60lb rack= 580).

A friend of mine said we could upgrade the hitch to something like this--

https://www.etrailer.com/Heavy-Duty-.../41990-07.html

But I am skeptical the Minnie would still be able to handle the load?

Any other options out there? Can we put a hitch on the front and then just haul one bike on the back and one on the front?

https://www.etrailer.com/fmr-2015_Wi...style=22R+-+V8

Thanks for any input!
chomski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 08:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've seen MH's with a bike on the front, the hitch plus bike must not cause the front axle weight limit to be exceeded.
A guy parked beside us carried two EV bikes on a front hitch; gas engine Airstream MH. he said the bikes did not reduce air flow through the radiator enough to cause engine overheating indications.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 11:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Greetings Chomski,
The 22R has something like an 1,800 pound payload capacity; please see the lower inside yellow label on your driver's side door. So, if you split the weight front & rear, I believe you should be OK, but don't forget to factor-in the weight of your gear, water, and passengers.
The other consideration in having a bike on either end is blocking your headlights, taillights, and turn-signals. On my rear-mounted carrier, I also purchased what could arguably be considered a trailer tail-light kit:
Dualsport Motorcycle Carrier for a Minnie Winnie 22M
So, if you are not blocking your lighting and keeping your weight below your maximum limits, I believe you should be OK.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5