Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Are you Happy with your MH???

I know there are some people out there that are Happy with their MH. If so let's let the MFG know this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we may not have any problems with it to start with, but are you now Happy with it.
Then let them know.
I'm overall Happy, yeah it could be improved upon but I'm Happy
Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We're on our second Winnebago product and have been happy with both of them. Our first coach was a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32V. We had it 12+ years and put over 100,000 miles on it before trading it off on our current 2013 Adventurer 32H. We have over 30,000 miles on the new motorhome and plan to take it over the 100,000 mile mark just like the last one.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2014 Winnebago Journey 36M. It is our first RV and we ordered it new.

Have there been issues with this RV? Yes, but Winnebago has been more than fair in assisting us in correcting the problems.

We agonized over which RV to purchase and now looking back over the past three years, we are certain we made the right chose given our level of experience and budget!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I know there are some people out there that are Happy with their MH. If so let's let the MFG know this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we may not have any problems with it to start with, but are you now Happy with it.
Then let them know.
YES! Really happy with my Winnebago Vista 27N purchase. That said X2 on the comment product quality can be improved.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

2016 Berkshire XL with 380HP. Lots of motorhome for the money, with the floorplan we really like. Always little things, but we really like it.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We've enjoyed having our Itasca that we bought new in 2003. The Workhorse chassis is where most of the problems have come about but they haven't been too overwhelming. The Itasca (Winnebago) portion has been really good. The carpet needs replacing and the decals are showing their age, otherwise the coach is holding up well.

Yep, we're happy with our rig!
Old 02-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

10 years on this one and going strong with NO problems that amounted to anything.
It has and is a great product.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
Old 02-27-2017, 01:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

In a word.... YUP!
A few issues due to age of appliances.... but all cabinets, floors, roof, exterior & interior, slideout, drive train, suspension still solid as a rock..!

40' Foretravel 320 with tag axle
450 cummins, 4060 6 speed Alision with retarder
single slide out
Old 02-27-2017, 01:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Our Journey 40U is our 1st MH but not RV. We've had it for 4 years now and LOVE IT. Yes we had 1 or 2 issues but nothing major. Like even any house there will be things that need repaired all the time, even more so when it's rolling down the road getting bumped around. IMO $ for $ Winnebago is one of the best bets. Had friends with a Berkshire and it was 1 big pain. Read here on the forum and all you hear with the Entegra crowd is all the issues they're having for their big $ rigs.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe
Happy Winnebago owners

We are very happy with our 2008 38J Adventurer by Winnebago. It has such a great floor plan and also love the W24 chassis- great brakes, handling, decent power, and drives very good. 78,000 kms. and runs great. Of course I have done a few upgrades like LED's, extra gauges, Banks exhaust system and modified some storage compartments so they are "double decker" for handier storage, but then I'm a compulsive modifier.
2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, GP, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with GSXR 1100T or KLR650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Love our 2013 Vista 35b. Bought new and very few problems. Have had 3 winnebago class a motorhomes. 2 sightseers before this one. All 3 winners in my book. I really like winnebago.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Are you Happy with your MH???

We were quite happy with our 2008 Fleetwood Terra (good quality, traveled well, good manufacturer support). We absolutely loved our 2015 Tiffin 36LA (better floor plan than the Terra, quiet ride, larger under storage, superb manufacturer support, high quality coach). That said, both were somewhat underpowered for how we used them - cross country runs as I spend summers visiting various branches of my firm & clients throughout the US, so we bought our first Diesel, trading in the Tiffin for a 2015 new leftover Winnebago Ellipse 42HD. Appreciated the price, floor plan, ample interior storage and features of the 42HD, a great value for the price! But, the construction &/or quality control is not on a par to the previous units we have owned. Still struggling with having issues resolved by dealer & WInnebago Industries, so I am probably not the best judge yet- once resolved I will be better able to comment on the quality of Winnebago's recent product line / 42HD.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Gone past two years with my 2015 Minnie Winnie 22R and no problems and ran like a champ during my cross-country trip from L.A. to Illinois back in November. Very happy!
Old 02-28-2017, 06:58 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

We got our 2003 journey a couple years ago.We have had some minor trouble.We got the extended warranty and it has saved a little bit.Maybe now we can enjoy a little and not have no more trouble for a while.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Bought our brand new 2015 Winnebago Vista 27N with full body paint in November 2016. Almost identical to 2017 Vista LX. Love it. Have had many motorhomes in the past including 40' DP. We think this is the perfect couples coach. Runs great, drives great but have ordered 5 Star tuner to modify the shifting of the 5 speed. Outstanding storage inside and out for a 28' 5" coach. Winnebago makes a great motorhome.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

In a word, Yes we are happy with our motorhome. This is our fourth Winnebago and we have been happy with them all from a 24' Minnie Winnie on a Ford Chassis to our present RV a 2014 Adventurer 35 footer.
We like the floor plan and the king size Sleep number bed plus DW loves the washer and dryer and the dresser and wardrobe.
Yes we had slide problems but Winnebago fixed it and the people at the factory are super.

Try one you'll like it!

Old 02-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Then let them know.
We're happy with ours too, and it just happens to be a 2011 Itasca Sunstar 35F!
Old 02-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

A third thumbs up for the Sunstar (or Vista) 27n. I agree it is perfect for a couple. I really enjoy making mods that make it "ours".

We have had almost no problems. Good design, Winnebago!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:37 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
We really love floorplan. While it is not for everybody, we feel the living space offers a lot of bag for the buck for this size MH and is a perfect fit for us.

The 2016 Ford chassis performance with the six speed exceeded my expectations.

The build quality of the coach portion is a big disappointment and falls in line of much of what has been posted on the forum about late model WBs. Lots of issues some of which will never be resolved with new ones cropping up. Many are craftsmanship, poor installations and fit and finish issues. I had a slide out issue already that had to be repaired twice and it remains my single biggest fear with this coach. Coming from two higher line 5th wheels in which I never experience these types or as many issues, these issues have come as somewhat a shock and surprise to us.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

My wife & I love our MH. Took awhile to find it after a lot of shopping & driving many disappointments. We take it out often and we've been having a lot of fun doing a lot of mod's to not only make it our own, but to get it in tip top shape before we go FT soon and will loose our huge storage area to work on it. I'll also be running my business on the road too, so there has been a lot of considerations on this front also to get the MH ready. One of the nicest things we like about ours is the 1 1/2 baths because we both have our own area to clean up and keep toiletries. As I work and crawl all around making our mod's and pulling maintenance, I'm always amazed on how well this coach was built.
Closed Thread