Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #61
adventurer 35f

we are looking at a adventurer 35 F your post has really helped me with my decision any issues with pulling hills and decending hills I will be pulling a escape also 2 wheel dolly thank you so much.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #62
Site Team

We love, love, love our 2017 Adventurer 37F. We tow a Lincoln MKX 4-down and have no issues up or down mountains and we usually go out west every year. We leave for Utah, from South Texas in a couple of weeks, in fact.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:23 PM   #63
Winnebago Master

We are addicted to the TV infomercial "Going RV". And we seldom pass up a recreational vehicle show at the Fairgrounds. But we've not seen a a rig that came close to "wowing" us into a trade. This or that feature, perhaps. But not the total package.

Our 2007 Journey 34SE suits us and our style of RVing. Right size. Right floor plan. (Although wish the galley was fixed and the dining/love seat slid out) Have not seen a bath layout we liked better. We find the fore and aft bed meets our preferences. Despite "friendly advice", after more than 30K miles all over the western states our 300HP Cummins has not caused us to wish for larger.

Having said that, we have done a ton of mods and upgrades (described with pics in the Mods and Upgrades thread). And, during or after every trip, we tend to mod our mods and upgrades. Truthfully, even had we bought new, we still would have made changes.

In short, we like ours. Going to drive it 'til the wheels go square.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #64
Winnebago Owner

Smile Love our new 2019 Forza 34T

New to the forum but not RVing. Started with a small Coachman travel trailer and upgraded to a Heartland Bighorn 5th wheel in 2012. Now we have the Forza. It's big enough for the two of us. We only have it 4 months and took our first trip down to the Richmond race. Few bugs to work out but it sure beats hauling the 5th wheel. We loved it but it was time for a MH. Decided on Winnebago because American made and their reputation for quality.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #65
Winnebago Camper

I am extremely happy with our 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F. It is the floorplan we wanted and it has worked so well for us. As with anything there are a couple things that need to be resolved but for the most part, we couldn't be happier. Our first winter in FL is about to come to the end, but I made reservations today in MI for this summer. We still have a house only because the hubs says we need one, but if I had my way, I would definitely be full time. Its a GREAT GREAT life!!!
Old 04-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #66
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
We are addicted to the TV infomercial "Going RV". And we seldom pass up a recreational vehicle show at the Fairgrounds. But we've not seen a a rig that came close to "wowing" us into a trade. This or that feature, perhaps. But not the total package.

Our 2007 Journey 34SE suits us and our style of RVing. Right size. Right floor plan. (Although wish the galley was fixed and the dining/love seat slid out) Have not seen a bath layout we liked better. We find the fore and aft bed meets our preferences. Despite "friendly advice", after more than 30K miles all over the western states our 300HP Cummins has not caused us to wish for larger.

Having said that, we have done a ton of mods and upgrades (described with pics in the Mods and Upgrades thread). And, during or after every trip, we tend to mod our mods and upgrades. Truthfully, even had we bought new, we still would have made changes.

Our feelings exactly with our 27Q. It simply fits us perfectly! The only thing I would like to see is Ford making more accessories available for the chassis, similar to the near-endless bells and whistles available for the F-Series.

The only change we might possibly consider after several years may be eventually trading down to a Class B.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:05 AM   #67
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post

Same for us - I get the I wants bad after the show. However, when the wheels do go square, in 8-10 years, I know I want a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 32 (or the 35 with the 24K lbs option), light colored interior and all the options! By that time I might be able to afford one! Until then I am enjoying our simple coach that is perfect for the two of us and our 3 chihuahuas.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #68
Winnebago Master

I want one that will expand to 40' when we're at an upscale park, shrinks to 25' or 30' for state parks and converts to a Sprinter Van for cities and my driveway. I don't think that's asking too much, do you? Oh, I almost forgot, it should get 20+ mpg.

Ok, the real answer is that, aside from the (mostly age-related) repair work I've had to do or have done, we're happy with our 35U. I would have liked a newer unit but this came equipped with a commercial grade, hydraulic wheelchair lift that set the PO back $15k. With a few DIY modifications, the floor plan is well-suited to wheelchair use.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #69
Winnebago Owner

We've only been Rving a couple of years and, until this past December, we rented different MHs to see what we liked and what we didn't like. We purchased a 2017 Aspect 30J with just under 9,000 miles on it as we liked the layout. It is only the two of us and it suits us nicely. We have taken 6 short trips so far and have no overall complaints. I will probably install a hinged door under the sink to access my HWH bypass valve without having to remove and replace 4 screws each time. The other thing that would have been nice is each storage door underneath having a latch to hold it up. Only the sewer access has this feature. I'll probably add those, as well.

It is a little crowded when we have one of our sons with their kids but the short term inconvenience is not a show stopper for us. We would rather have the Class C and be able to have a little bit more mobility and flexibility for available campground sites.

We would definitely buy it again...but we've only had it for 5 months. : )

Al and Valorie
Old 04-29-2019, 02:38 AM   #70
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenrule View Post
Same for us - I get the I wants bad after the show. However, when the wheels do go square, in 8-10 years, I know I want a 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 32 (or the 35 with the 24K lbs option), light colored interior and all the options! By that time I might be able to afford one! Until then I am enjoying our simple coach that is perfect for the two of us and our 3 chihuahuas.
I'm curious - Is the reason for the 2012 year on the Suncruiser because of the slide mechanism? Or something else...
Old 07-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #71
Winnebago Owner

I hate mine,bought our first motorhome this jan.We have went on 3 short trips,Winnebago Intent 26M 2018.Its in the shop now,dash ac and roof top ac dont work,front grill has come loose,first trip both propane tanks have leaked completely dry,both of the front seats have broken,dog box has come loose 2 times when running 70 mph,there is a leak on the passenger side on the dash from the roof,that has been "fixed" 2 previous times,all the fittings for the self leveling jacks are rusted out.If this is what its like when u buy something new ,im out.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:39 AM   #72
Winnebago Camper

We have only had our 2001 Itaska Suncruiser 32V for 4 months and have used it 8 times. We just took it to Florida for a week and we are very happy with it. It has been a very good unit so far and we hope to keep it for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70433312_1170571849795111_8073393607047905280_n.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	172679  
Old 10-24-2020, 09:53 PM   #73
Winnebago Camper

YEP... Very happy so far with our 2018 Aspect 30J.
We traveled many years in about every RV made. From East to West Coast with RV with my work. The 30J seems to be the right fit at this time. I can pull and launch my Bass Boat with it. It is low and mobile, nice galley, room in the head, and has a lot of storage for a 30ft class C. Inside and out. 3 slide outs really open up the inside. We looked for 3 years before pulling the plug on this one.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #74
MMH
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I know there are some people out there that are Happy with their MH. If so let's let the MFG know this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we may not have any problems with it to start with, but are you now Happy with it.
Then let them know.
I'm overall Happy, yeah it could be improved upon but I'm Happy
I love this post! It seems like so much of the commentary is on what's wrong. Don't get me wrong, tons of learning and sharing and what an amazing resource! It just makes you think it's insane to buy one of these money pits! My first travel trailer I knew nothing starting out and loved every minute of it for 10+ years. Ignorance may have been bliss! I've been having a minor panic attack after making the '20 Intent 28Y purchase and then reading all the long lists of what's gone wrong for people.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:54 AM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnariley53 View Post
We have a 2014 Winnebago Journey 36M. It is our first RV and we ordered it new.

Have there been issues with this RV? Yes, but Winnebago has been more than fair in assisting us in correcting the problems.

We agonized over which RV to purchase and now looking back over the past three years, we are certain we made the right chose given our level of experience and budget!
We too, have a 36M a 2012 edition. Right now I am having trouble with the A/C controls, and the manufacturer of this control will not assist me. The first time I have had this issue with Winnebago sub contractors/suppliers.

The system is not too complicated for me to understand, if they would just walk me through how they set it up. I'm frustrated with them, but over all we are very happy with our Winnie!

Name:	IMG_1979.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	175488
Old 10-26-2020, 05:23 PM   #76
Winnebago Owner

Bought our Winnebago 27N new in spring of 2017. It has been a great unit. A few minor issues, but no worse than a new car or boat. We love the rig. Great floorplan, great price point, and great compact size. We can get it in to the state park system easily, which we love.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:31 PM   #77
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAspect View Post
We've only been Rving a couple of years and, until this past December, we rented different MHs to see what we liked and what we didn't like. We purchased a 2017 Aspect 30J with just under 9,000 miles on it as we liked the layout. It is only the two of us and it suits us nicely. We have taken 6 short trips so far and have no overall complaints. I will probably install a hinged door under the sink to access my HWH bypass valve without having to remove and replace 4 screws each time. The other thing that would have been nice is each storage door underneath having a latch to hold it up. Only the sewer access has this feature. I'll probably add those, as well.

It is a little crowded when we have one of our sons with their kids but the short term inconvenience is not a show stopper for us. We would rather have the Class C and be able to have a little bit more mobility and flexibility for available campground sites.

We would definitely buy it again...but we've only had it for 5 months. : )

Al and Valorie
Why not try some of these magnets that will hold your compartment doors up? This is just an example, but there’s so many types available that might suit you.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	620B1B40-D001-4EA8-96F2-F09D3D70575D.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	175561  
Old 10-30-2020, 09:50 AM   #78
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Why not try some of these magnets that will hold your compartment doors up? This is just an example, but there’s so many types available that might suit you.
Thanks for the idea!

Al
Old 10-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #79
Winnebago Owner

We are really enjoying our new to us 2014 Meridian 36m. It is built SO
Much better than our class C Thor! Drives nicer, quieter, laid out better, secondary controls around the MH. Overall better quality!
Old 10-30-2020, 09:54 PM   #80
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

We have had two Winnebagos, both bought new. First one was a Class C 22M on an E450 chassis; loved the size, nimbleness and flexibility unit gave us. Had a fair number of quality control issues (in fact a highly disappointing number) but our dealer professionally dealt with all of them
Found the 22 M layout wasn’t ideal for the way we RV so moved up to a Class A 27 PE. Again some “teething” issues, but all relatively minor. And again, poor or lack of quality control cause of most faults. But once more, our dealer promptly dealt with all problems. We did run into some unexpected delays on parts from Winnebago due to COVID related factory shut downs. Obviously beyond our dealers control.
We are very happy with the 27 PE- layout, lots of storage ( both interior and below) drive ability, and comfort.
Due to COVID we have not been able to utilize it anywhere near what we had planned on, but that is of course another topic.
Closed Thread