Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
Yes. Love my 38Q. Have had Winnebago since 1982. Six coaches. Some had some issues but all were fun and basically the good far outweighed the problems.
How is the shower working out in the 38Q? We were looking at one until I got into the shower. Don't know if that would be big enough to be comfortable to shower in.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

daisylu.....ours in on the E450 chassis.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
We really love floorplan. While it is not for everybody, we feel the living space offers a lot of bag for the buck for this size MH and is a perfect fit for us.

The 2016 Ford chassis performance with the six speed exceeded my expectations.

The build quality of the coach portion is a big disappointment and falls in line of much of what has been posted on the forum about late model WBs. Lots of issues some of which will never be resolved with new ones cropping up. Many are craftsmanship, poor installations and fit and finish issues. I had a slide out issue already that had to be repaired twice and it remains my single biggest fear with this coach. Coming from two higher line 5th wheels in which I never experience these types or as many issues, these issues have come as somewhat a shock and surprise to us.
My single biggest fear with this coach happened today, the large driver's side slide motor housing broke.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Bought our 37F new in 2015 and love it ! Great coach with a floor plan we love and a BIG shower.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

We've owned 3 Winnebago's. An older 25' Brave that worked well for years. A 2003 Itasca Suncruiser (still own it) that has had a few very minor issues but nothing that cost much money. And now we own a Adventurer 38J to live in during the winter months while traveling around seeing the country. I'm just hoping the 38J is as good as the last two Winnebago products we have owned.

I'm new here so let me ask about something that I can't quite figure out. What does DW mean. I see it used all the time. Does it stand for Dish Washer, Designated Warning Alarm, Darn Woman, Delicate Wallflower, Delightful Wife, or maybe something else. I'm very confused by this............. Please help.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:18 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
We've owned 3 Winnebago's. An older 25' Brave that worked well for years. A 2003 Itasca Suncruiser (still own it) that has had a few very minor issues but nothing that cost much money. And now we own a Adventurer 38J to live in during the winter months while traveling around seeing the country. I'm just hoping the 38J is as good as the last two Winnebago products we have owned.

I'm new here so let me ask about something that I can't quite figure out. What does DW mean. I see it used all the time. Does it stand for Dish Washer, Designated Warning Alarm, Darn Woman, Delicate Wallflower, Delightful Wife, or maybe something else. I'm very confused by this............. Please help.
Dear wife, normally....
Old 04-25-2017, 05:17 AM   #47
Klc
Winnebago Camper

We love our Suncruiser. We purchased her used. The floorplan, closet and storage space are perfect for us. We have many extras in her that other MH's do not, but maybe not as many as more expensive MH's. We got more than we thought we would be able to afford for the price. We can't be more pleased and have no desire to look for a different make or model MH.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Our first RV was a Winnebago Vista. The "Millennium Parakeet" was awesome, and convenient to use. We really loved it, but we wanted more room. Our second RV was a 2009 Thor Serrano. Excellent floor plan, we laid out, but HORRIBLY assembled. It was more like a stage set than an RV. The ideas of the coach were excellent, but the quality was worse than useless.

This coach, hopefully our last one, is a 2016 Vista LX 35F. It is FREAKING AWESOME! In the first year, our warranty issues were so minor, they were barely worth taking it to the dealer. I did, just because it was in warranty. One of our first experiences with it was in cold weather. Absolutely no problems at all. And in the hot summer in Florida, I don't have to use the coach AC when driving. The dash AC is good enough! The ONLY complaint I could say, and not Winnebago's fault, is the wheelcut. A bit less than I was used to, but the Serrano's wheelcut was 55 degrees, so I was a bit spoiled. But, the extreme wheelcut did cause problems with our towdolly, so in the long run, the 'complaint' has turned out to be a 'feature'.

Maybe Winnebago could hire me to do a happy dance for them. I would sing the "POSH" song, from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #49
Winnebago Owner

We have owned 2 Winnebago's a 2007 Sightseer 35J and a 2016 Forza 36G. We purchased both brand new.

We have enjoyed both units and for the most part have had good luck with both.

The Forza had issues that indicate that the attention to quality may be lacking a bit. Many Forza's had issues with wet compartments around the wheels. That is something that should be elementary.

Some people have had issues with slides. That should never happen.

Other than that we have just had fit and finish issues which is normal as in the RV industry the dealer and the customer become quality assurance for these issues

I would grade Winnebago's quality as a B-. They have quite a bit of room for improvement.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:35 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Very happy with our motor home at 60,000 miles.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #51
Winnebago Camper

Our third motorhome, second Winnebago (hopefully the last). This RV is FREAKING AWESOME!! 2016 Vista LX 35B. So far, only very minor warranty issues. I mean.... really insignificant ones. This RV is working like a dream, so far. If we ever do decide to get another one, it will definitely be another Winny.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #52
Winnebago Owner

Not only happy with our Grand Tour,but thrilled in comparison to the Newmar Essex we last had. As far as I'm concerned, Winnebago has hit it out of the park with this, and La Mesa RV in Mesa, AZ has supported us with the best service ever!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #53
Winnebago Owner

Minnie Winnie 31D

Read through everyone's posts last night...this is a refreshing thread! The various boards are relatively quiet on Winnebago problems so I surmise many problems have been taken care of and new problems are more in line with normal rving. (There was a spike regarding schwintek slide issues). We are giving our new MW 31D a workout and thrilled with all aspects of her. Forest City addressed a water issue in the cab and after driving in the rain and camping in some major weather, all is good. (The coach is water tight). We are thrilled with the 31D in all respects. Forest City was busy and we had a wait but they worked hard to find the leak in the cab and fixed it. We shopped for a new RV at the Hershey rv show last fall, an exercise very worthwhile for anyone buying new. We came over to Winnebago from Lazy Daze. PM me if you're interested in some points regarding the comparison between the 2.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #54
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnariley53 View Post
We have a 2014 Winnebago Journey 36M. It is our first RV and we ordered it new.

Have there been issues with this RV? Yes, but Winnebago has been more than fair in assisting us in correcting the problems.

We agonized over which RV to purchase and now looking back over the past three years, we are certain we made the right chose given our level of experience and budget!
We have a 2012 Winnebago Journey 36M with over 40K miles. Yes it has had some issues. Most were handled with extreme professionalism. The thing I am most impressed with, is the manufacturers that supply Winnebago. EVERY SINGLE ONE have bent over backward to help us with any issue. I could not be more happy!
Old 11-18-2017, 03:06 AM   #55
JBP
Winnie-Wise

We have been very pleased with our Winnebago produces.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:53 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

Bought our '04 journey 34H kind of on an impulse in 2012. First MH (had trailers before this) and did not do a lot of research, practically none. Turned out to be one our greatest decisions. Absolutely love the floor plan, which I NOW know is one of the most important things to consider (again, we got lucky). Only floor plan complaint (minor) is the small space between toilet and washer/dryer cabinet. 350hp C7 is more than enough power even to tow a full size silverado.
Doesn't seem to have the bling and dazzle of some of the MH i have seen since this purchase; but, the quality is fantastic. The clear coat was peeling in spots on one color all the way around. Had that color repainted and clear coated and now looks like new.
Only nagging issue is the front levelers will not retract on their own, needs to pried up each time. Not a compliant, kind of expected something on a 13 year old MH. I will try a few things I read online to fix, or send out for rebuild.
Driving this thing is a DREAM. Normally drive to Fl from PA several times a year, now I take the MH and REALLY enjoy the trip.

In Summary......VERY SATISFIED...
Old 07-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #57
Winnebago Master

Nice to read all the positive posts! Keep 'em coming.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:34 AM   #58
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2017 29VE that we enjoy. The floor plan with the one big driver side slide and outdoor kitchen sealed the deal for us. We have had a few little problems that I fixed myself and some modifications too.

It would have been nice to have two a/c units. I understand that is an option now. We make do although we don’t camp much in the heat of the summer too much.

If I had to replace our unit I would get the same model with the 50amp 2 a/c option.

Patrick
Old 10-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #59
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerdog View Post
We got our 2003 journey a couple years ago.We have had some minor trouble.We got the extended warranty and it has saved a little bit.Maybe now we can enjoy a little and not have no more trouble for a while.
I can tell u one thing that might help someone in the future! Iam having clearcoat problems with the front and called winnebago and they give me cdi the company that put the paint on it and they said if i come to there shop i could get a discount, but would not help me here with the clearcoat coming off! So i will tell u that when a winnebago is at least 14years old that the clearcoat and paint starts to peel off its your baby!I will remember that when i go and trade mine, if i do
Old 02-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #60
Winnebago Camper

We had a 1993 Vectra and loved it for a number of years, then went to a fifth wheel and were never happy. We're back to a 2013 Vista 27N, and so far we're loving it. There are a few things I don't like, but they are not defects or problems, just oddities like not being able to access under the kitchen sink when the slide is in, but there (knock on wood) has been nothing we've had a complaint about. We're very pleased with Winnebago's quality.
Closed Thread