Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

My 15 View G has too small OCCC at 960 lbs. My wife has a New Bearle with 830 lbs. You can't use the storage. What is WGO thinking?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I know there are some people out there that are Happy with their MH. If so let's let the MFG know this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we may not have any problems with it to start with, but are you now Happy with it.
Then let them know.
I'm overall Happy, yeah it could be improved upon but I'm Happy

Just be sure to get an extended exclusionary (everything h covered unless specifically excluded) warranty . We have used Viking Protection plan sold by Wholesale Warranties @ 800-939-2806 for about $8k, 6yrs or 100k Miles. $part down, then $87 per month
Old 03-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Really Love our 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U Great floor plan and ride. And no "Swintek" slides or jacks. Bought specifically to get "Power Gear" slides and HWH jacks
Old 03-04-2017, 06:08 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I have the same coach that Ed Rzepka has, a 2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C. We have also experienced more problems then we should have on a new unit.

We have had a few issues on our 2016 Ford chassis. There were two glitches in programming on our 2016 22K chassis plus a seeping pinion seal. These problems would have been easy to fix except we were traveling around the US. These kind of problems are expected on a brand new chassis and shouldn't be a problem for future buyers. .

The house has been more of a problem. My guess is there has been at least 50 issues.

Some of the more memorable problems are:

The shower plumbing was misalinged causing a break and a flood.

The icemaker filter was broken when installed causing flooding on the other side of the coach.

The bedroom Power Gear slide mechanism failed.

Later the full wall Power Gear slide failed.

The shade valance fell off the wall just after pulling into a rest area.

The Pioneer radio and camera display failed.

These are the more memorable problems to date.

My 2005 Sightseer 29R was rock solid and had very few Winnebago issues. I did have a large issue with the Ford chassis. The V10 engine failed at 17,800 miles. I didn't know it at the time but I belive there was an internal seal allowing coolant leakage.

My 2016 Ford chassis is much easier to drive than the 2005 chassis was. White knuckle driving is almost completely gone.

Even though I have had a lot of issues I am hopeful that problems are mostly resolved. A few days ago our furnace started having problems. It would warm for one cycle and then not restart. After three nights of below freezing temps it started working once again. Fortunately our new coach has heat pumps that help some but not when freezing. We also have one small electric heater

I do love our new Winnebago Sightseer even though Winnebago's quality is below par.

Perhaps moving diesel production to Oregon will allow Forest City time to focus more on quality . The new Winnebago CEO apologized for the quality of their new coaches at the 2016 GNR so they are aware of their quality problem. I read online I that Winnebago is now offering a three year warranty probably because of lost sales because of quality issues.

Safe travels.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

We love our 2015 Itasca Sunova 33c it is a great floor plan and plenty of room. Had the usual issues when we got it new and the dealer took care of them without question. Some of the issues I felt were simply sloppy work, e.g., the remotes for the air beds were connected to the opposite sides. the Satellite dish had the secondary output attached to the master output, and a leaking water connection on the bathroom sink. The only major issue was the full wall slide failure which took place after two years. Luckily we only lost one day on our summer vacation and could continue without using the non-functioning slide. Even though the repair took over three months it was restored to new. Unfortunately at that time the new updated fix was not installed. Every time we put the slide out we hold our breath. I sort of feel that they should voluntarily install the upgraded slide tracks rather than waiting until it breaks again to fix it. Overall Winnebago makes a good product and despite the issues if I had to do it over again I don't think I would change.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

I'm really happy to see that there are so many of us that are HapHap Happy with our MH's. So for those of you naysayers that say no one is happy and all people do is complain about them then you need to read more Blogs like this one.
No one is saying that there's is or was perfect but after the bugs were worked out they overall LOVE their MH
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

We have really enjoyed our Winnebago's.

This is our first three.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1488714103.531712.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	153958Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1488714116.906169.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	153959
Yes we kept them in the family.

We drove our special ordered 2013 42Qd from the factory in Forest City to our home in Central Florida.
It has 27000 miles in it now and has never ever been to a dealer for repairs. DW is pretty handy at keeping me busy on it. We couldn't be more happy with it. We use it often but keep it inside and plugged in when we don't.
Jesse
Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2057.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	153965
My DW fell in love with 2003 Sightseer about 4 years ago. It needed a lot of love and we took care of her. Upgraded everything my DW wanted she wanted flames [emoji91] so we had al new design on it. Polished and waxed it and we store it in cover parking. We looked at newer ones and she doesn't like the lay outs. This is our first RV and plan on keeping it a long time.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Yep, 10 years An still going strong!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

A couple of weeks ago, we spent a rainy afternoon strolling thru the new diesel pushers at LazyDays in Tampa FL. We wandered thru several models from Entegra, a couple of Tiffen coaches was well as a couple of Winnebago models. At the end of the day, both my wife and I were of the opinion that while we saw a few features we liked - there wasn't anything we saw that left us saying "Dang, I wish we had one of these!" instead of the coach we currently own.

The one feature we saw that we both like were the tall, thin, pullout pantries that some of the newer coaches were sporting.

If I were in the market for a new coach - knowing what I know now....

I'd pay closer attention to the basement. The basement storage in our 2012 Endeavor seems to have less height than many of the coaches I see. A typical 18 Gallon tote (< 16 inches high) placed on one side of the pass through slide out tray prevents the tray from being opened from the "other" side because the < 16" high tote will not clear the "raised rail" that passed thru the center of the coach. When I see the vertical space that others have - I get a little jealous.

I would also pay closer attention to the layout of the wet bay. While my wet bay looks OK - the design is such that it's very difficult to use both the Sanicon AND the standard gravity tank dump. (We're happy to deal with the extra time that it takes to dump using the Sanicon - and avoid having to pull out, connect, clean and store the "stinky slinky" for a single dump before we move on - when we're "on the road". Conversely, we much prefer the speed that the "standard gravity dump" provides when we're sitting in one place for any length of time. Therefore we use BOTH approaches depending on whether we're "on the road" or "sitting). When the "dump" connection is positioned to use with the Sanicon - it's not possible to connect a standard "slinky". I either have to reposition the opening of the "dump" connection - or modify the plastic "floor" of the wet bay.

Lastly - I would look for a wet bay that allowed access to the plumbing behind the panel without requiring a complete disassembly of everything passing thru the wet bay panel. I'm learning the hard way that if/when repairs behind the panel are needed - it's a nightmare!
Old 03-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
Winnebago Watcher

2012 Dutch Star 3735

Are we happy - Yes! I love the quiet 400 hp and torque and the positive Comfort Drive steering. We have covered 38,000 miles almost all of it towing and have not added any oil or coolant. Unfortunately, it must be stored outdoors and due to HOA restrictions, service is by checkbook. Service is kept up-to-date and not cheap but we are not complaining. Touring is an absolute joy in this coach.
This is our first new motorhome after 40 years of trailers and fifth wheels. We love this floorplan. We have had some disappointments; within the first year we replaced the Oshkosh mattress which we found to be a torture! The HWH levelers soon failed under warranty and all levelers were replaced. Newmar and HWH were great to work with but I feel the one year warranty period is too short. The shallow bedroom slide drive rod sheared off (perhaps the slide motor mounts loosened). Because it is stored outside in sunny SoCalifornia the clearcoat at the top of the sidewalls required recoating.
On balance- No doubt, we are Happy.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Happy with ours, 2010 Itasca Sunova 33c. Last week had our first problem with it since we bought it new. Jacks wouldn't go down and the "engage brake" light would come on, even though the brake was engaged. I tracked the problem down to the six pin connector that goes to the jack controller as being disconnected.

The day before the jack problem, our male cat had gotten up under the dash. He had entered the dash left of the steering wheel and I fished him out from the footwell on the passengers side. He had gone completely from one side of the MH to the other under the dash, through the wiring, AC/heat ducts, stereo, etc., etc. During his trip he had accidentally disconnected the connector! Re-connected the six pin connector and it all works perfectly again. Happy with the motorhome, not so happy with the cat!
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Totally happy with our 1996 Suncruiser that is still like new inside and is rattle free. Very solid. Good to know when you get something that lasts made in America.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #34
Winnebago Camper

yes, better then my Tiffin
Old 03-14-2017, 05:22 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Satisfied

Yes. Love my 38Q. Have had Winnebago since 1982. Six coaches. Some had some issues but all were fun and basically the good far outweighed the problems.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Are we happy with our RV?

We bought our 2014 Winnebago Vista 30T new and live in it every other month for 30 days at a time and love it. We had minor issues in the first year but all was fixed by our dealer/Winnebago.

2014 Winnebago Vista 30T
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Yes, happy with 2016 Minnie Winnie 25b......biggest issue is lack of Winnebago service provider other than Camping World. Just a few issues that required dealing with CW.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #38
Winnebago Camper

We are very happy with our 2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b. It is exactly what we wanted in every way. Love it.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #39
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneToTheDog View Post
We are very happy with our 2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b. It is exactly what we wanted in every way. Love it.
Glad to hear it! Do you have E350 or 450 engine?
Old 03-16-2017, 12:11 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Happy with our vintage Damon Daybreak. Still running strong!