Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Vintage Rigs - Retro is cool!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-27-2023, 08:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Seat replacement for '98 Minnie 24' in cab?

I've looked at craigslist eBay and offer up. I understand that the '98 can also fit up to the 2014 model. I'm not 100% sure if it doesn't need mod or not.

I seen some suggestions for the sienna seat, but it needs a very expensive adapter. Any other suggestions? Keen to drill holes, but not fabricating entirely new seats adapters.
I had been planning on bringing the rig down to Mexico to get reupholstery done on everything else. However, the drivers and passengers seat as well as the rotating seat are in rough shape. Do upholsters replace the entire foam and just leave the base? That's an option as well. I just needed to be cost effective as this is an older rig
BigPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 07:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

RV seats are done much the same as house furniture. Yes, if you find the correct custum upholstry shop, it is often just a matter of redoing the worn out parts, whether it is just the fabric or foam and underlying parts. If you get into major problems with brokaen metal, etc., then things do get difficult/ expensive!

Look for folks who do cuctum drapes/ upholestry, etc. or custom car or boat shops as they have the attitude you need to get them interested in doing the oddball RV things!

It may not be cheap as it is custom work but then when youi can't find the seat from other places, what choice do you have?

Best of luck but the right folks are out there IF we can find them. In my area, it was just a single guy working out of a storage unit who did it right!
His English was a bit tricky but he is the sort that keeps Texas moving and repaired!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement