Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 05:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all

firstly thank you to all the forum members where I have received a wealth of knowledge before buying our first RV.
We came across our first choice in a Rv a 2005 Itasca Cambria 26a in excellent condition with all new awnings and Michelin tires. I have it in the shop now having new front rotors ,calipers and all bilstein shocks installed as the rotors were slightly warped and the shocks were original.
my question is , it appears the previous original owner has it set up to always be connected at a campground where as we will be running on 12 volts more often.
There is only one 12 v outlet for coach batteries in the dinette area and I would like to add one near the bed for charging cell phone ets..any suggestions where to tap into a hot 12 volt wire and add a fused outlet?. right now I am thinking of using the wire to the closet light that appears to be hot all the time with a door switch for the light
peted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That should work. Is the bed in a slide? If not you could maybe bring a direct wire from the battery up through the floor. There must also be one on the dash I would assume.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

yes there are also two outlets up front for the chassis battery. the bed is not on a slide its one of those models with the rear corner bed and a dinette slide. there is 12 v under the bed part of the water pump etc but I would rather not mess with those
Old 03-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you go here Wiring Diagrams on the Winnebago site you can select your year and coach model and access complete wiring diagrams for your coach. Note also on the same page you can access Wiring Diagram Help and Wiring Identification Guide which will help you to interpret the diagrams and identify your wiring.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

that's great Chris Beierl. I worked many years in electronics so no problem reading the drawings they will help a lot
Old 03-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peted View Post
that's great Chris Beierl. I worked many years in electronics so no problem reading the drawings they will help a lot
Note that Winnebago labels all of their wiring (12V anyway) every few inches. The Wiring Identification Guide will map those labels to function.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peted View Post
firstly thank you to all the forum members where I have received a wealth of knowledge before buying our first RV.
We came across our first choice in a Rv a 2005 Itasca Cambria 26a in excellent condition with all new awnings and Michelin tires. I have it in the shop now having new front rotors ,calipers and all bilstein shocks installed as the rotors were slightly warped and the shocks were original.
my question is , it appears the previous original owner has it set up to always be connected at a campground where as we will be running on 12 volts more often.
There is only one 12 v outlet for coach batteries in the dinette area and I would like to add one near the bed for charging cell phone ets..any suggestions where to tap into a hot 12 volt wire and add a fused outlet?. right now I am thinking of using the wire to the closet light that appears to be hot all the time with a door switch for the light
:welcome:

With so few posts I couldn't resist.

This is great news. Even if I am not a contributor to your dissension making, I am so glad for you that you found the forum helpful. I hope the coach gives you many years of happy camping.

Rick Y
Old 03-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Welcome to the forum! We have the 2008 Aspect 26A which is the Winnebago version of your rig. We have only had ours for a few months but love the layout and quality of the rig.
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote