Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-08-2024, 06:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear mounted camera recommendations

I have a Winnebago Micro Mini 2225RL year 2022 with a factory installed rear backup camera mount. Looking for recommendations for a backup/rearview camera. Don't want to cheap out on one - but also don't need the best available. And not sure that the mount is actually pre-wired and all I have to do is mount the camera? I believe the mount is a Furion. Sorry I can't check to be sure as the camper's wrapped for the winter. I travel by myself so feel it's time I have a better look at what's behind me when hauling and backing into camping spots. Done okay till now but as the eyes have gotten older I don't feel I can trust myself as much. Thanks for the input.

Dick Perry
Orrington, ME
ranger1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Dick,
This company seems to have good and knowledgeable folks:
https://www.rvcams.com/
Additionally, this 2022 thread has 118 posts discussing the topic:
Rear camera setup for Micro-Minnie - any recommendations?
Hours of reading pleasure there, right?
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 01-13-2024, 09:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I did cheap out on the camera system. I bought a Yakry, and it has worked great. Plus they sent me a second camera for free. There are other brands even cheaper, like under $100. Why worry about how much it costs. If it works, great. If it doesn’t send it back or throw it away.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1001 View Post
I have a Winnebago Micro Mini 2225RL year 2022 with a factory installed rear backup camera mount. Looking for recommendations for a backup/rearview camera. Don't want to cheap out on one - but also don't need the best available. And not sure that the mount is actually pre-wired and all I have to do is mount the camera? I believe the mount is a Furion. Sorry I can't check to be sure as the camper's wrapped for the winter. I travel by myself so feel it's time I have a better look at what's behind me when hauling and backing into camping spots. Done okay till now but as the eyes have gotten older I don't feel I can trust myself as much. Thanks for the input.

Dick Perry
Orrington, ME

I'm quite sure if the mount is there that looks like a camera, it will be wired for one. One of my trailers has that by furion also. And it is wired, just don't have a camera yet.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Our rig has a rear view camera but it's small and down in the dash. I purchased the Yakry and have it sitting on the dash for easy viewing. It also came with two cameras so I have one facing foreword and it records the traffic as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Yakry-Digital.../dp/B087Q4GN74
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 01:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerlee View Post

I'm quite sure if the mount is there that looks like a camera, it will be wired for one. One of my trailers has that by furion also. And it is wired, just don't have a camera yet.
That plate that says Furion or Voyager is not wired to anything. All that is just marketing mumbo jumbo. You have to remove the plate and fish out the clearance light wires and tap into them. Then replace the plate and mount the camera. Most cameras will mount on top of the plate if you drill though it’s middle to route the wire.
Old 01-15-2024, 05:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
That plate that says Furion or Voyager is not wired to anything. All that is just marketing mumbo jumbo. You have to remove the plate and fish out the clearance light wires and tap into them. Then replace the plate and mount the camera. Most cameras will mount on top of the plate if you drill though it’s middle to route the wire.
The one I have by Furion sticks out like a camera would, don't even see any plate. Looked at cameras on Amazon and they have 2 different ones for 99$. Thats 2 different 7" screens. I like that size. Have to study the difference in the 2. https://www.amazon.com/Backup-Camera...7HC1KBT8&psc=1

For ore wired:
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Moni...cx_mr_hp_atf_m
Old 01-16-2024, 10:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
My 2327TB has a dedicated 12v wire for the camera which I prefer. When you tap into the clearance lights the camera only works when the trailer lights are on. With the dedicated camera power supply, the camera works whenever there is 12v power.

This means that the camera is on all the time but I'm OK with that - I always flip the battery disconnect when I store it so the slight battery drain doesn't bother me.

I too bought the Yakry that others have mentioned and it works great however, it does tend to interfere with my GPS (Garmin Dezl 770) on startup. I need to power up the GPS first and then Yakry monitor after the GPS has locked on to the satellites.
NomadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:12 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

That’s a cool upgrade WBGO made. With cameras operating from clearance lights, you have to turn on headlights while driving.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
That’s a cool upgrade WBGO made. With cameras operating from clearance lights, you have to turn on headlights while driving.
Which I always forget to turn off since I'm used to the automatic lights feature that has been on cars for what? 15 years?
NomadRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera