Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2022, 09:59 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

mrlichty,

We just picked up our 2529RG Wednesday and got it home just in time to have 5" of snow dump on it. Once the snow started melting, we noticed we also had a couple drips between the awning and the wall of the trailer. In both places, there was a slight space in the LED light strip. Is your light strip continues? I will try to get a picture of them and post them.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
mrlichty,

We just picked up our 2529RG Wednesday and got it home just in time to have 5" of snow dump on it. Once the snow started melting, we noticed we also had a couple drips between the awning and the wall of the trailer. In both places, there was a slight space in the LED light strip. Is your light strip continues? I will try to get a picture of them and post them.
Hi, No1hunter

Our light strip is continuous.

We were able to get a step ladder and check this out better today. The mesh piece was stuck onto the wall so that is good news it appeared to be that the wall wasn't completely covering the mesh.
The black strip is where we are having the leak. Images of the crack and the patch on top of trailer.
We also see that we need to put caulk on the roof as well since there is a hole there.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uwj...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v-Y...ew?usp=sharing

Travelkids - have a safe journey. not excited to hear about the power stabilizer switches.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:56 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Just a quick note - you might want to double check the spare tire holder. We looked and the nuts weren't tight with the lock washers. They were off by a an inch and not one of them was tight.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:52 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Lippert Power Stabilizer Switch

mrlichty,
The replacement stabilizer switch arrived from Amazon today, Easter!
Took less than 1/2 hour to remove the old switch and install the new one. Rather than dig into the factory wiring harness, I just cut the wires, one at a time, off the old switch and wired them onto the new switch. Works like a charm. I did order a spare switch.
Lippert 387874 Power Stabilizer Switch - Black
We'll be on I-12 & I-10 in Louisiana heading west tomorrow.
travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 10:45 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

We picked up our new 2022 2108FBS two weeks ago, and aside from the dealers lot being a mud pit, we took our time, did a complete inspection (based on a checklist we created) got the RV home and still found a couple of issues;

1) Silicone caulking around bathroom sink was a total mess ! Sure I can remove it and apply much neater, but really poor workmanship regardless

2) Even though advertised as having 'AV system, w/AM/FM/CD/DVD/Bluetooth' it appears due to supply they now come with a Smart TV and NO AM/CD/DVD. I contacted Winnebago, and answer I got was that small print allows them to make changes to the units configurations, based on parts supply, or continuous improvements

3) Biggest issue of all, the slideout frame was pulling away from the camper side when in the closed position. Some of the screws has snapped right off ! When we did a walk around, the slide was open so we did not notice it, and we tested the slide mechanism from the inside, so didn't look again at the outside until we got home. Fortunately, the dealer was able to make us an appointment immediately and it was repaired under warranty, so just a hassle of taking it back during my work week.

Other than that, nothing else (thus far), so I hope this helps someone out.

-Stephen
STCLARKE is offline   Reply With Quote