Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Factory PDI

Has anyone experienced this? Yes it is done and my delivery is set for the end of July of a Navion 24J.

I chose this because of the many comments about how good the factory repairs are so I figured why not just get the PDI and delivery there.

Forest City is also closer to me. Hoping someone has done the actual factory PDI and can give it a thumbs up.
Looking4rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4rv View Post
Has anyone experienced this? Yes it is done and my delivery is set for the end of July of a Navion 24J.

I chose this because of the many comments about how good the factory repairs are so I figured why not just get the PDI and delivery there.

Forest City is also closer to me. Hoping someone has done the actual factory PDI and can give it a thumbs up.

We did it and loved it.
Great bunch of people at the factory!
Good choice!
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

What do you mean factory PDI? Is that before it goes to the dealer? Can't imagine they would allow that.
Suzuki Burgman scooter on the rack
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
We did it and loved it.
Great bunch of people at the factory!
Good choice!
Jesse
Did you actually have the PDI done by factory personnel, or was it done at the factory by people from Lichtsinn motors? If it was done by factory personnel it's something new since 2013.

We asked to have the PDI done at the factory when we ordered our 2013 Adventurer. At the time we were told only the dealers do the inspection prior to delivery. We had to have the motorhome delivered to the selling dealer where they did the PDI.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
Did you actually have the PDI done by factory personnel, or was it done at the factory by people from Lichtsinn motors? If it was done by factory personnel it's something new since 2013.

We asked to have the PDI done at the factory when we ordered our 2013 Adventurer. At the time we were told only the dealers do the inspection prior to delivery. We had to have the motorhome delivered to the selling dealer where they did the PDI.

We did it in 2012. They may not do it anymore.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Are you confusing the factory with Lichsinn Motors, a dealer in Forest City? No matter who you buy it from, it has to go through Bennet Motor Express for delivery. A friend purchased in California and wanted delivery in Forest City. She picked it up at Bennet Motor Express. She then used it for two weeks and took it to the factory to have a few things fixed.

She had previously purchased from Lichsinn, but got a better deal from the California dealer.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Factory PDI

Not Lichtsinn. They were involved in the process but I chose another dealer. Lichtsinn sales person actually told me the factory pdi was substandard. Not what I am hearing from other people who have had it done over the years.

As I said this is a factory pdi, confirmed by Winnebago over the phone. I called them because of all the people on the forums saying it is not done. Winnebago said they will do it as long as it is paid for. My dealer gave me the option.

Now back to the question, any others have a good or bad experience with the factory pdi. I am running out of time to change it and am likely staying with the factory.

Thank You
Old 06-16-2016, 09:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thank for the info. The dealer person who did our walk through was woefully uninformed, he knew it and so did we. A nice personality does not compensate for competence.

Should we ever be tempted to purchase Winnebago again, we would exercise this option.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thursday the 11th

I finally have my pdi scheduled after delays from Winnebago. First for a broken part then 3 weeks because of the darn rally, 3 weeks? Not happy about that one.

But back to the coming pdi. I will post how it went and any needed repairs not caught at the factory.

The delays aside, I am hoping for a top notch pdi and correctly inspected Navion before I get there. This is my first rv so not any experience with an inspection though. I will take my darn time.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4rv View Post
I finally have my pdi scheduled after delays from Winnebago. First for a broken part then 3 weeks because of the darn rally, 3 weeks? Not happy about that one.

But back to the coming pdi. I will post how it went and any needed repairs not caught at the factory.

The delays aside, I am hoping for a top notch pdi and correctly inspected Navion before I get there. This is my first rv so not any experience with an inspection though. I will take my darn time.
Since it is your first RV I would suggest you video the pdi. You can review any parts you need to refresh then and will probably get a better pdi that way.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on your first RV. Now for some of the important stuff. Make sure you get nice black Winnebago case and go thru it. Take out the Owners Manual and start reading it from front to back. Then read it again from front to back. There will most likely be a few other big manuals in there, you will want to read various sections in them also. Those sections will depend on how confused you are with the Owners Manual as far as operating certain things.
These books are the Holly Grail and you should become very familiar with them, 90% of the time they will get you thru most problems.
Now for your first trip you want to try and use everything on the motorhome, just to see how it works and if it works properly.
Remember when in doubt get the Owners Manual out.
When all else fails, log on and ask us for help.
Good luck and enjoy.