Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-02-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New here. Dewinterize Micro Minnie 2225RL?

Hi! New Winnie owner, new member. We just picked up a 2225RL. Can I ask a question about de-winterizing? Wondering if there's another valve I should be looking for other than the hot and cold by the hot water tank.

Do you know if there are any other valves I need to get to?
Jakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 03:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You might want to check here
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

It asked for seral number for better lay out. It looks like 3 values but not sure.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:36 AM   #3
Site Team

Generally there should be a water heater bypass. I’m not sure if that is what you were referring to with “the hot and cold by the hot water tank.”

Most don’t put antifreeze in their water heater so the bypass allows the distribution of the pink stuff everywhere but the WH. After you get clear water in the system to you’ll need to open the bypass to refil the WH.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I’m in the same position with a brand new 2108TB. Not my first RV so thought it would be fine that the rig was winterized (it was going to sit in the driveway about a month with the chance of freezing weather) so this weekend we take it out for the first time and water is not going to hot water heater. Can’t find a bypass valve any place. Called the dealership but they were too busy to have someone call me back. Unfortunately looks like I’ll have no choice but to take it back for service unless someone here knows what I’m missing
MEnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:24 AM   #5
Site Team

This has been posted here previously. I wish I could remember when and where. I vaguely remember a bypass under the kitchen sink or beneath some drawer in the interior.

Do a search. I know it's tough to search here.

I found this thread. Hope it helps:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ss-355887.html

Here's another:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ns-358963.html
Old 04-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I just dewinterized my trailer yesterday, So this is pretty fresh in my mind. Realizing that all dealers may have their own unique winterizing process, here’s what I had to change to get the pump, water heater, and rest of the plumbing system working (mostly) as expected:

1. Switch the 2 bypass valves at the water heater, to let cold water in and hot water out.

2. Switch the two valves at the pump (under the kitchen sink in my 2108DS) to turn off the antifreeze pigtail and reenable the main connection between the pump and the tank. See attached photo of the state these valves were in after I dewinterized.

3. Close the valve at the low point drain under the camper. (Unlike all other valves, this one does not follow the rule of thumb that closed = valve handle perpendicular to the water line.)

4. Tighten the threaded cap to the water heater tank drain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	45C7CBE7-0F0C-4676-ABAB-48678E7A33D8.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	182407  
ZoraK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:59 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

My 2019 2108DS has the water heater bypass valves behind the lower panel of the bathroom sink. Remove the 4 screws that hold the panel and pull it off and you'll see something like this (unless it has changed in newer models). As is usual with these valves, when the handle is in-line with the pipe it lets water through, and if the handle is crosswise of the pipe it won't let water through.

The point of the bypass is so you don't fill the water heater tank with anti-freeze. So flush the system first before turning these knobs 90 degrees, otherwise you'll just flush anti-freeze into the water heater. If you do that by accident, you'll just need to flush it more.

The water pump bypass valves under the kitchen sink floor panel look like this in my rig. I think these have moved a little in newer models, but their function probably remains the same.

The big red arrow in that last photo is the antifreeze pigtail as mentioned by @Zorak9. The valve to the left that is partly hidden is for the pigtail which loops along the floor. Sorry you can't see it all. The other valve controls input flow from the hose that's going down under the floor into the freshwater tank. You'll need that open as it says. The hose coming out of the pump at the front of the photo is the output from the pump and it snakes off to the right to feed the rest of the plumbing in the rig.

My low point drains are under a little box on the floor of the bathroom closet. These have probably moved in newer models. As @Zorak9 says, these are odd. The little T-handle is pulled up, or pushed down. You can turn them all you want, but that doesn't do anything.

If you forget the low point drains and they are open, you'll just start dumping water on the ground outside when you turn the water on. No big deal...just close them.

I have a standard atwood/dometic 6 gal water heater. Here's what it looks like and you can see the drain plug that will need to be in place. The red arrow points to it. And, fyi, there is no anode rod for those looking to find it as this tank is aluminum and doesn't have a rust issue that would need an anode rod.

Hope that helps.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all of your info. I did not have that 3rd bypass valve by the water heater. Took some advice and followed the sound of the pump. I had to remove a panel under the fridge. The pump was there and the line for antifreeze was still open, while the waterline was closed. Switched those up and all is good.

This is our 3rd unit. We've had a TT, then a Class C and now back to TT, but first Winnie. I felt like a newbie trying to figure this out!
Jakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:21 AM   #9
New to this....

https://youtu.be/3xN2-ahkL5g

This helped me. He has a video for dewinterizing as well. Other than that I guess maybe depending on the year and whether it’s has the heater bypass or not. Not sure if they have always done that or not.

Your pretty much running water through all the pipes though, to get the pink stuff out.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 4X4 w/ 4:10 Gear Ratio 2.5" Receiver. Z82 Package.
2022 Winnebago 2301BHS, w/ Victron Solar System
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

I dewinterized my coach yesterday. It took five minutes.

I turned the valve that selects the water tank or the antifreeze input back to the water tank. Filled the water tank and turned on the pump. Turned on each fixture for about 5-10 seconds to flush out the pink stuff until I got clear water.

It helped that I have a Girard tankless water heater that requires no bypassing for winterization. Otherwise add a step to return the bypass valves to their normal position.

David