Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TV startup questions

The TV in my brand new 2020 Vita 24P displays no signal when turned on. The manuals mention to consult quick start process but I can't locate anything with this title. Tried switching "input sources using remote" and also changing pushbutton switch position on wall switchplate where cable connects inside cabinet but no help? I though that there was a built in antennae of some time but am not sure. Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated. My dealer is not very user friendly and I hope to avoid dealing with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1613.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	175390   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1611.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	175391  

Name:	DSCN1609.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	175392  
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is the "Amplified digital HDTV antenna" that came with the vehicle powered on? It's usually on the inside roof as part of the directional adjustment for the rooftop antenna. In the brochure, it looks like it might be situated just forward of the roof A/C unit, so look there and power it up. If it's like mine, the power switch is a slide switch on the side of the white base.
Also, in the compartment behind the TV there may be a small, hard to find, push button that physically selects either the rear external cable input source (if you're using a campground's cable TV system) located in the external power bay, or the rooftop OTA antenna system. See if pressing it in, or popping it out gets you an OTA signal.
Lastly, if you do get something, you may have to adjust the directional antenna with the overhead rotational dial on the ceiling, to get a better picture/sound.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

More info

Thanks for responding. The compartment behind the TV has a pushbutton where the cable enters the plastic switchplate cover. I have tried both switch positions. Neither affected the signal issue. I will try to attach a photo of the switch. I was not using the campground's cable as I had no cable to connect to it. I was hoping that the RV had its own antennae and that the above mentioned switch would allow me to connect to it??? I do not see any other control labelled as relevant to an antennae or antennae position inside the RV .
I have not climbed on the roof as I assumed that the manufacturer surely would require that I do so to facilitate operation of the TV? BTW the cable which originates from the switchplate where the pushbutton is located is connected to the back of the TV as shown in one of my photos in the second position from the top of the photo using a 90 degree plug. It is raining now, but when it stops, I will climb up on the roof and see if I can located any antennae related hardware.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1614.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	175393   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1617.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	175394  

Old 10-19-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Look at the inside ceiling just ahead of your roof air conditioning. Is the rooftop antenna HDTV booster and directional dial located there? If there is a white box with a rotating dial, that's also where the antenna booster power button is located, on the side of the white box as a slide switch.
That push button selects antenna-in or cable-in. Remember that if you ever stay at a CG with cable TV.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Nothing TV or antennae related inside on the ceiling. Looked on the roof as well. I see what appears to be a round antennae with no rotational functions...it is fixed and caulked to the roof. Also a short "whip style" antennae near the front driver area which is probably for the radio.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
Site Team

Does your TV Remote have a "menu" button? That's where you find TV setup and if using Cable or OTA TV (antenna) you would set up your channels there.

Have you ever set up a TV before? It would be the same for home TV.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Yes it has a menu button. Worked with remote for about 30 minutes with no success in resolving "no signal" issue. There is an input screen with numerous possible inputs listed. Regardless of which input I select, I am unable to get anywhere. Tried other remote functions as well...no help. Yes, I have performed TV setups on previous RV's and home TV with no problem. I was hoping for a You Tube video on this topic for this specific year and model but can't find one. Local dealer doesn't really care about helping (they already have my money) and I dont want to leave the RV with them for a week for what is likely a 5 minute fix. Thanks for listening and for your response.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Nothing TV or antennae related inside on the ceiling. Looked on the roof as well. I see what appears to be a round antennae with no rotational functions...it is fixed and caulked to the roof. Also a short "whip style" antennae near the front driver area which is probably for the radio.
OK, I've looked at a couple of demo videos of Vita's and it looks like they don't have directionally adjustable antennas, so you're right there. Sorry about that. However, the brochure says it comes with an "Amplified digital HDTV antenna" under the Interior heading. So, there should be a powered antenna booster switch located somewhere inside your coach, probably near the TV. Beyond that, check the Vita Owner's Manual, and/or the Supplemental Owner's Manual in the "Black Bag of Knowledge" that came with your unit. There may be something in there that discusses how the TV setup works.
Actually, maybe there isn't an on/off switch for the HDTV antennea booster, it may just be on all the time, but I'm just guessing there (again, sorry).
You might try calling Lichtsinn RV in Forest City and asking them how it works?
Or send an email to Winnebago Owner's Resources at
[email protected]
and include your question, and your year/make/model, and VIN number. WGO serial number helps too, if you know it.
I've had good luck with email contact/questions to Winnebago.
Good luck, sorry I can't be more help.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #9
2003 Journey 32T

If you have not done a channel scan for either roof antenna or park cable you will get the no signal message regardless of what buttons you push. Go into the tv's menu and find scan for channels or something like that. It can take a while.
alamon is offline   Reply With Quote