Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2023, 03:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

RV 2 Way Main Water Pump Switch?

After 4 years and in the middle of my current trip in Colorado, I have decided that I can no longer take being in the bathroom and realizing that I failed to turn on the water pump I can get by as some water will still come through sink, toilet, but sometimes I make the same mistake 2 or 3 times. The Water Pump Switch is in the hallway on the main wall, but I don't want to go back outside frim bathroom to hallway if water pump is not on.

So what I would like:
A switch with red LED that allows me to turn on the Main Water Pump while in the Bathroom. I would like to leave my existing Water Pump switch as it in the hallway and on my electrical panel. If successful, I should see a red light in the hall and in the bathroom with red LED lit if water pump is on, and both dark if it is off.

The wall in Bathroom that the new switch would go on is about 4 feet from the existing switch so I thing running wires would be easy with just a new cutout in the wall maybe above the light switch in bathroom?

Questions
Is this possible wiring wise?
Are there ideas on the type of switch I would need? This is one that I am thinking, but it may or may not work? It would at least help to show what I am thinking. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump, switch