Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2023, 06:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Basement lights stopped working 2013 Adventurer 37F

I went out early yesterday morning to get something out of a compartment, only to find that none of the compartment lights in the basement storage work! All electrical and all systems are working fine, but none of the lights in the compartments will come on. I checked all the re-settable breakers in front of the steps, and under the bed, but none were popped.

Is this a known problem? Does anyone have experience with this problem and know exactly what the "culprit" is? Hoping for an easy fix here before trying to dive into WBGOs electrical schematics... Not clear to me...
Sun88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not sure on your coach, but on mine there is a master switch that turns the power onto the bin lights. My switch is located near the front door, maybe you pushed it to off by mistake.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by be happy View Post
Not sure on your coach, but on mine there is a master switch that turns the power onto the bin lights. My switch is located near the front door, maybe you pushed it to off by mistake.
Thanks! Will check that as soon as the sun comes up here in northern Cal.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:53 AM   #4
Site Team

The master switch for your basement compartment lights is in the stair well of the Adventurer 37F. It’s top row far right. It says “Compt Lights”

In your Operator’s Manual it’s section 12-7.

Quote:
COMPARTMENT LIGHTS SWITCH
The Compartment Lights switch powers the lights inside of the compartments. This switch is located near the entrance door.
• Press the switch UP (On) to supply power to the compartment lights.
• Press the switch DOWN (Off) to disable power to the compartment lights.
NOTE: The Compartment Lights switch provides power to the compartment lights. You must manually turn each individual compartment light on or off inside of the compartments.
We recommend turning this switch OFF when the coach is not in use to avoid battery drain if a compartment light is left on accidentally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0297.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	187456  
Old 10-03-2023, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The master switch for your basement compartment lights is in the stair well of the Adventurer 37F. It’s top row far right. It says “Compt Lights”

In your Operator’s Manual it’s section 12-7.
OK... I am the dummy! You are correct; that switch was off. Somehow I had never seen it before.
Thanks a lot guys!
Old 10-03-2023, 11:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

For what it's worth, happened to me once as well!

Tags
light, lights, vent, adventurer