Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-07-2024, 07:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Headlights not working 2012 Adventurer 37F

2012 Adventurer 37F. My headlights have stopped working. (High beams work)… Where is headlight fuse and or relay? None of my fuses or relays are labelled and there is no schematic anywhere. I looked in my manuals. Please help! Thank you.
Lou Morales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 10:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Lou Morales,
Is it possible that both low beams have burned-out?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 05-08-2024, 08:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

One of the big problems on this is that it falls into the "chassis" part and that is just bought by Winnebago as a stripped chassis and not what they consider their work, so less info from them. Chassis folks tend to be far less agreeable to letting us DIY things and hold the info tighter.
Did you get a chassis manual with the onboard info pack? If not search out which chassis and look to that group of folks and books for info. The public library can be a good spot to check for a repair manual for trucks of the sort!

There is likely to be a separate group of fuses/breakers for chassis items. The idea is that the stripped chassis has almost all components of a truck, except the body, of fuses for lights are likely in a different box than things like inside lights, water pump, etc. that are added later!

But I might also want to check that it is not just two bulbs gone bad as I don't think of low beams as a different fuse??? Any chance the bulbs filament looks burned? Maybe a possible switch problem?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. I didn’t check both burned out as I thought the odds of both burned out the same day crazy. But I will check.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Great advice. Yea, I can’t find a fuse schematic anywhere on line. I guess they was us to pay a mechanic…. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Looking/thinking/ and wondering if there is any chance of an online manual like a Chilton, etc that might be found?
Have you searched for a manual for that specific chassis? What I have noticed is that some of that info begins to slip out as the truck, etc. gets a bit older. Maybe the figure at some point it get down to folks willing to keep an older truck on the road if they can DIY but they would not if they have to take it to a dealer?

I'm unsure of what chassis but suspect it is Ford. Possible F53? I thought to just do a search for info but run into needing a VIN number! Do you have the chassis owners manual or is it just that it doesn't have enough info?
A different idea might be that if you can find the right box of fuses, there are some which have the fuse ID stamped into the cover but we have to know it's there and turn the cover over to look inside!
Maybe probe around some and you might get lucky?
Heck of a way to go about things but I've bet on worse!
Old 05-08-2024, 06:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

No schematic anywhere!! I’ll keep searching frantically before I pay a mechanic who knows exactly which relay/ fuse it is…. Thanks
Old 05-08-2024, 08:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Auto headlamps are not on fuses, they use auto-reset breakers. I had that auto-reset breaker fail on my 1962 Impala one night. I had only high beams, stopped by a policeman when I failed to dim my lights for an oncoming car. I explained and showed him why, Then he asked me to follow him into town with my parking lights on; he led me to a filling station that had a mechanic on-duty, where the failed breaker was replaced.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 07:43 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Interesting. Thank you!!

New info: I’ve checked every fuse and all work. I noticed the fog lights are not coming on either. Same (relay?) failed something or other perhaps.?
Old 05-09-2024, 09:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Did you find a box with the chassis group of fuses or breakers and relays? Did it have any kind of info on the lid?
Without having any info on what or how it is wired, it would seem impossible to guess where to look for the problem as we have little idea if the two items are on the same or different circuits.
If the fog lights and low beams are on the same switch, we might jump to replacing the switch but that is not a bet I would want to make!

It would be like using 2010 info to fix my phone! I can't even find the wires on my phone any more! I guess I need a new drawing?
Old 05-09-2024, 09:17 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

The fact your foglights aren't coming on leads me to believe you have a blown fuse or bad relay somewhere, or possibly a bad ground though I don't think that is likely if you have high beams.

Typically fog lights are wired into the low beam circuit and turn off when you hit the high beams. What chassis are you on? Wiring diagrams are available for most chassis, the main issue will be what Winnebago did after they got their hands on it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 10:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I’ll keep looking for a bad relay I think.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:06 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Thread with F53 headlight wiring diagram

All the Ford fuses and relays are in the F53 owners manual.

I'm in the burned out bulbs camp. The fog lights were added by Winnebago. I'd get the headlights going first.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 06:25 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Well, I rechecked every fuse everywhere in the RV and they all work. I checked for voltage at the lights and there is none. So low beams and fog lights are not getting power but all fuses are fine. I also checked bulbs. They are not burned out…. Getting close to letting a mechanic figure it out.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:32 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Did you check for power at the fuses? Namely F25 and F31 in the Central Junction Block, the fuse panel in the dash? Those are the fuses for the right and left high beams. If there's power there, the DRL relay should be passing power, is there voltage at pin 87 there? Those are the only things between the multifunction switch and the bulbs. Since the high beams work, we know power is getting to the multifunction switch. Which could be bad, but need to track where voltage is getting to.

(Your motorhome is a US model, without DRLs, right? They were optional on the F53 in the US, but still had most of the DRL wiring.)

Old 05-12-2024, 03:00 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

No driving lights.ill look for those fuse numbers. Thank you!
Old 05-13-2024, 08:33 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

(Fuse info is in the diagrams I linked above.)

Old 05-13-2024, 02:56 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I could not find the link to fuse info?
Old 05-13-2024, 03:02 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Hyperlinked in post #13, at the top.

Old 05-13-2024, 06:47 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Gotcha. Thanks!