Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2024, 07:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Carrying chairs, long items in Class C

We are new to a class C, 2002 Spirit, 24’. Trying to figure out the best way to carry chairs, and long items (we do not have a long basement). Would appreciate any ideas, pictures of what works well for you.
Bzerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 08:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We have very small outside compartments as well, and none of the commonly available camp chairs would fit till I found these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

They take up very little space and I'm happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	king camp.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	188915  
Old 05-11-2024, 04:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Camco makes a great chair rack that hooks on ladder rung. I have used one in the past with no complaints. Those chair available almost everywhere that carries rv supplies.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 04:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

What and where to set is a really personal thing and we changed a number of times over the years. We started with small, cheap, and light that stored in bags. Then we started spending far more time in the RV and moved to larger more comfortable chairs that took up lots of room.
But before we quit, we found little need to set outside with the bugs, dogs, and music around us and changed back to the bag chairs for less to haul and not use very often!
This is our most common one but a search of "camping chairs" will turn up dozens of types to try out!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...2?from=/search

Good enough to set and have coffee while the sun goes down but not one to let you curl up and read a book for a couple hours!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

If price is of no concern and storage is at a minimum I recommend the Timber Ridge folding chair to 19 x 19 x 4 inches. Lay flat and stack 'em on top of each other

They have a beverage holder, cell phone holder and fold down table arm for storage. Also pouches and a zippered section for storage of magazines or what have you.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Very nice chairs, good idea!
Old 05-12-2024, 06:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thought about that, will look into it. Thank you
Old 05-12-2024, 06:05 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I don’t think we want to give up our comfort for something uncomfortable. I agree
Old 05-12-2024, 06:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Like it. This may be our chair! Thank you
Old 05-12-2024, 06:26 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
If price is of no concern and storage is at a minimum I recommend the Timber Ridge folding chair to 19 x 19 x 4 inches. Lay flat and stack 'em on top of each other

They have a beverage holder, cell phone holder and fold down table arm for storage. Also pouches and a zippered section for storage of magazines or what have you.
Those weren't around when we bought our King Camps, they look very similar and I see they put them on sale to beat King Camps price by $15. The one thing I don't like about them is the solid back and seat while the King Camp has ventilation. Looks like the weight and size is about the same as King Camp though. Reviews are not quite as high for the Timber Ridge but almost, although there are about 5X more reviews on the King Camp, maybe because they've been around longer.

Both chairs claim nearly identical folded dimensions of around 19.5 x 19.5 x 6". I'll have to go measure mine but I don't remember them being 6" thick when folded, more like 4"

edit: I measured them and while they are indeed about 5-3/4" thick at the widest point, if you stack them in opposite directions they "nest" into each other making the two effectively only 8" tall total when stacked in opposing directions.

Do you own the Timber Ridge chairs and how do you like them?
Old 05-13-2024, 09:50 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Yes I do. I'm a big fella and they fit my physic very well. Yes, the back and seat canvas is tight but it is okay for me. I don't like the sagging variety. I stack mine the same way, opposite ends. I did not find the lack of ventilation a problem as my previous chairs didn't have them anyhow.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, ems