Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2024, 10:19 AM   #1
Camper

New Owner of 2017 Winnebago Journey 36M

Hi All,

I am a new member of the Winnie community and just purchased a 2017 Journey 36M. Live in Texas outside of San Antonio. Currently scheduling maintenance to go through and change out all of the filters and fluids. Also getting needed equipment to flat tow a 2022 Bronco.

This forum was very useful in the research prior to purchasing. A lot of great information here.

Looking forward to getting on the road as we have the first trip planned to go to Big Bend.

Thanks,
Jsjames956
2017 Journey 36M
2022 Ford Bronco
Jsjames956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 12:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Hey James, welcome.
I'm about 80 miles from you in Spring Branch, where Hwy 46 crosses hwy 281. You lucked out on a good model year for the Journey. They pretty much quite making Journey's in 2017 and the few 2018s were hold overs from the previous year. So, 2017 is PEAK Winnebago Journey.

We have a 2017 Adventurer GAS coach and the interior of the Adventurer that year was very similar to the Journey without the diesel chassis. It's been a great motorhome for us and we have 52,000 miles on ours already.

If you have any issues finding good service facilities you'll find two in San Antonio - Texas RV Supply and Iron Horse RV. I use Texas RV Supply and they've been fantastic. Iron Horse is more expensive and harder to get an appointment with. I think they have a wider range of services available than anyone else around here.

There's a small Winnebago dealer in Kerrville and they are nice, but very small and the work I had done there when I first got my coach was not the best. They tried.

If you are up for a drive, make an appointment now at the Winnebago Factory Service Center in Forest City, IA for sometime in the Fall. It takes a long time to get an appointment and it's a nice thing to have just in case you might need something major done. Then if you luck out and don't need anything that requires factory assistance you can always cancel when you get close.

Enjoy, the new motorhome! One of our very favorite places near you (50 mi) is South Llano River State Park in Junction. It's a great little State Park, very relaxing. We don't go in the super hot summer because they only have 30amp electrical and you can't run both A/Cs well with 30-amp. But any other time of the year it's our favorite destination.

Really close to you is Buckhorn Lake RV Resort just West of Kerrville. It's super nice, has full hookups and is far enough away from town to feel remote. It's one of the most popular in Texas.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:48 PM   #3
Camper

Thanks so much for the response and all the great information. We are actually in Kerrville and I am planning on using the Winnebago dealer here for few issues. Thanks again for the recommendations.
Jsjames956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, winnebago