Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-12-2023, 11:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Minnie Winnie Water Leak

Hoping someone has experienced a similar water leak (miser loves company!) and so can advise me on a solution. We have a 2018 Minnie Winnie 22R. On a road trip a month ago we drove through rain for two days. On the second day we had to drive through several flooded intersections about 6-inches deep at slow speed (less than 5 mph). That evening we noticed water puddled in two places: (1) a 4 to 6 inch diameter puddle around the base of the toilet and (2) about 2–3 cups of water in the right side underside storage bin. BTW, about four months ago I added a mud flap behind the right rear dually wheels.

My questions are:
(A) Why does Winnebago sell this RV without a mud flap on the right side?

(B) If adding the mud flap is directing road spray water up and through some crack, where would I apply sealant to block that problem?

(C) Should I remove the new mud flap on the right side?

(D) What sealant(s) should I use to fill cracks and seams to stop this water intrusion?

(E) If this leak is not caused by the mud flap directing road spray up and into the RV, what would be the likely source for these water intrusions?

We live in Seattle, so having a “rain proof” RV is quite important!

Thank you!
PadFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Check the Coroplast plastic liner on the undercarriage. It is not water tight on high water crossings but, if it is sealed up good, it will deflect rain/road spray.

If you crossed high water, it could be that the water was over the frame. You could have some separation between the shell and the frame. Hard use/abuse from a previous owner? Hard to trouble shoot from the internet.

Yes, you are right an RV should be weather proof since we tend to use them mostly outside. This issue should have been solved shortly after man invited the wheel.

Good luck
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 11:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks!
PadFamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak