Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

31H minnie winnie storage compartment leak

I have a 2015 31H that was purchased in May of 2016, just ran out of the full warrantee and we have now determined that the water we have been finding in the small storage compartment just to the left of the door, below the refrigerator is due to a water leak. We have been told this is not covered under warrantee.

We have been to the dealer twice; they can’t seem to find the leak. They seem to think it is the seal around the storage compartment.

I put plastic over the storage door and waited for the rain, after a day or so of rain I removed the plastic and found that there was water inside. I also noticed that the cealing of the storage compartment was a little swollen and flaking a bit. From this I ruled out the storage door. The refrigerator is not running and there is nothing in it an the access port for the back of the refrigerator is dry.

Any ideas or suggestions? Shouldn’t this be warrantee as i believe its always been leaking.

I look forward to your comments, sorry for the lengthy post.
Paul.
Reddog1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Well, I sure would have suspected something to do with that refrigerator but if you have eliminated that....I dunno. I sure DO think it ought to be covered by warranty though
Good luck...
Old 11-08-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have one storage compartment leak in my older 31C, reddog. My large rear "trunk" storage door leaks.....but your detective work with the plastic may have ruled out a problem similar to mine.

I had to replace a latch back there and in the process, I decided to try to better align the aluminum door frame with the door to eliminate some binding. That all worked out well, but in the process I discovered why there is always a puddle in the trunk after a good rain. There is no sealant of any kind between the door frame flange and the face sheet of the body. I am not sure there is supposed to be.....guess I should ask WBGO's service folks. Anyway, the stuff I carry back there is OK with a puddle of water which soon evaporates (if I still lived in Houston that sure wouldn't be the case.) It took SOooo much time to adjust and readjust the door frame to get rid of the "gee haw" that I just called it a done deal when the I got the door to open and close without any binding at all.

If you taped the plastic onto the side of your MH above the door frame (e.g., about an inch above the hingeline) my 'sperience with the door frame leakage on my rig isn't germane to your problem, methinks.

Hope you post back when you get your problem solved. I'd wager a lot of folks will want to take note of it and it will be in the searchable archives for all to see for many years.

Safe travels...................
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We have noticed water in ours a couple of times and we thought it must be the seals around the doors also. We have a 2015 31H also. Have you had any issues with the floor?
Ashs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

The leak was finally repaired by the dealer it turns out it was from unsealed hole they made when they ran the wires for the solar panels. They kept saying that it was from the dr seal apparently that is a common source. I have really had no other problems.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

So far no issues with the floor but I will keep an eye on it
Old 02-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashs View Post
We have noticed water in ours a couple of times and we thought it must be the seals around the doors also. We have a 2015 31H also. Have you had any issues with the floor?
No floor softness or other problems with the (very) occasional puddle in there. There is precious little rain up here in Denver; but if I still lived in Houston, I would probably remove that door flange and apply some sealant on the flat surface and reinstall it. As it is, it took a fair amount of "trial and error" with extra screws in that flange to get the geometry right so the door would close nicely without binding on an edge. I hate to start over.

Since it takes a real downpour for it to leak, I plan to leave it alone....my WGO "to do" list is endless it seems. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the few times mine has leaked, it was parked facing downhill; hasn't leaked when level.

Safe travels................. ed s in Denver
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, storage