Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need Help! - 76’ MInnie Winnie Coolant leak on the road

Need help. I’m on the road in Nevada, almost to my brothers place in CA from NC where I came from.

I started noticing a new sputtering on hills, making me pull over twice. Now stopping a third time I am seeing a huge coolant leak (video included)

It’s mainly from a tube connection area underneath the engine on the middle / passenger side right up front.

I don’t know what it means or needs. Any help would be appreciated! I have plenty of coolant on hand and am at a gas station.

76’ Minnie Winnie
Dodge Caravan, 360 Carburated Engine

Thanks!
phillipsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Realized I can’t upload pics?
phillipsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Could try some pepper until you get to a repair shop, sometimes the pepper will plug the hole, not a fix, but will get you to a repair shop hopefully.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Pics yet? From what you said... middle, passenger side and up front... I'm thinking heater hose or bypass hose for the thermostat and/or waterpump.

If that's the case its 5/8" hose I think. I replaced mine when I bought it. The bypass hose still had the factory pliers-type clamp on. When I put the pliers to it, it literally disentigrated.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, need help