Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #1
Biggun56

Master bed retract switch

I have a 42 ft. Tour 2015 and the switches would not do anything. The slide is fully extended and locked. I crawled under the foot of the bed and found the control panel and was able to continue pressing the reset on the module. It moves 3 or 4 inches then starts blinking red. Any Ideas?
Biggun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes, there is a limit switch under the bed up near the top of the bed. It can be difficult to get to due to the weight of the mattress.

I believe the switch is always on the upper left side - but it may be on the upper right on yours.

You can lift the bed platform to get to it but in my experience it will take 3 strong men and a small boy to get it up and hold it while you bend the tabs on the limit switch to make the bed move.

The day we got our RV out bed didn't move. A strong service tech from the selling dealership came over lifted the bed and bent "something" and this has worked flawlessly.

Every once and a great while - once a year or so - the bed will not respond. I just go to the bottom of the bed and push the bed platform forward with my leg. This moves the bed a silly millimeter toward the head board and suddenly the switch works.

There have been other posts on this here - here's a recent one with much of the same info as above - but links to other info too.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...em-357230.html
Old 04-18-2022, 05:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We have a 2015 also. Get a 2 x 4, lift the plywood up off the pedestal and prop it open with he 2 x 4. Be careful to be sure and have the 2 x 4 end flat against the plywood or it will punch a hole. Have someone stand there and be ready to catch the thing should the 2 x 4 slip.

Under the platform there are actually 2 limit switches. Besides the one described above there is another one right there in the middle of the pedestal. The micro switch that is there has two spade terminal wires attached to it. Pull them off an jumper the two wires together, then try the bed.

If once the bed does move it needs to be calibrated.

Calibration
Following are calibration instructions for Lippert Hall Effect Bed Tilt Control. The controller is not shipped in
calibration mode.
To enter calibration mode from normal mode, hold down the configuration button for five seconds (Fig. 9A).
To calibrate the stops:
1.Flashing red LED (Fig. 9C) indicates that the upward limit needs to be set.
2.Use the wall switch (Fig. 10B) to move the unit to the desired top position.
3.When at the desired top position, press the configuration button (Fig. 9A).
4.The top limit is set.
5.Flashing green LED (Fig. 9B) indicates that the downward limit needs to be set.
6.Use the wall switch (Fig. 10A) to move the unit to its desired downward position.
7.When at the desired downward position, press the configuration button (Fig. 9A).
8.The downward limit is set.
9.Once the downward limit is set, both red (Fig. 9C) and green (Fig. 9 B) LEDs will blink simultaneously
for a moment.
10.Both limits have been set successfully.
NoTe:If an error occurs during this configuration, the red and green LEDs will quickly alternate flashing.
11.To reset the stops, press and hold the configuration button for five seconds. This will allow the system
to enter calibration mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LCI Bed Tilt.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	182546

Be extremely careful as the motor is very powerful so make sure to monitor the bed moving and stop if you suspect something unusual.

Also, those limiting micro switches prevent the large slide from coming in unless the bed is in the Tilt Up position. With a jumper that is overridden. I put a not on the slideout switch with the word BED on it as a reminder.

If all else fails you can purchase a new controller from Amazon. Just search for LCI Bed Tilt Controller and have $185 available.

Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:21 AM   #4
Biggun56

Thanks to you both. I'll try that tonight when I have some guys to help me.
Biggun56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch