Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2018, 12:41 AM   #1
View D Owner

Lippert waste master

Picking up new 19VD in two weeks and I am intrigued by the Lippert Waste Master Hose and cam lock system for dumping my gray and black tank. Does anyone in the View and Navion group use this? Is there enough room to hook the cam lock onto the pipe underneath the RV. Please let me know if this is a good system to purchase. Is there enough space to store this in the cargo hold due to the size of the non removable head. I read great reviews about this system, but have not heard from the View/Navion group. I have to get a hose system so I want to get one that will last. Appreciate your feedback!
gposton58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
Site Team

I can’t comment on space issues on your B van, but I use the system on my Class A and like it a lot. The biggest storage issue is the permanently attached hose head. It’s quite large. And the hose is not all that compact either. It’s a 3” hose like any other but it’s longer and thicker plastic than most sewer hoses and so isn’t quite as flexible when stored.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:37 AM   #3
View D Owner

Thanks for the quick reply. The Winnebago View is a 26 foot class C, so I am hoping the storage will not be an issue, but you are correct the head of the seeer hose is quite large!
gposton58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
Site Team

Sorry about the Class confusion. It all fits in my wet bay.

I went all the way with this system. I bought the main hose, an extension hose, a connector to connect the two hoses and an adapter to covert the cam system to a standard RV twist lock hose... just in case.

It was pretty pricey. But it works well. I’ve only used the extension once because the main hose is pretty long. And I probably could have just bought the adapter and used my old sewer hose as an extension.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Besides storage issues, why bother? A good quality sewer hose, like a Valterra Dominator will last just as long and has the additional flexibility of hose ends to seal off the hose and hose extensions. 1/4th the price is a good incentive as well.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:17 AM   #6
Site Team

The waste master system works really well. better than the other higher priced twist on hoses. Once you use one you'd see the difference immediately. You still may not think it's worth the price difference, but you would see the benefits.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We’ve been using one for years in 3 different RVs. We agree it’s the best and easiest to use system out there...never any leaks and much easier to connect then the standard twist system. One was a 2014 Winnebago Via that I added their storage receptacle with an 4” sewer pipe just behind the rear axle that went all the way to the other side (I believe it had 2 45 degree angles in it). Our current TT has a Lippert storage box mounted under the frame just for that....not sure if it’s still available.
neschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

One of the best upgrades I have done as it is SO easy to install and remove. The cam-lock system is so superior to any screw-on system. No mess, no fuss. Several people have made video's of it in action and posted them on YouTube. Check it out! You wan't be sorry.
ArtistsView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

2017 view

I have 2017 view and installed this, I love it no fuss no mess, stores in wet bay
Patjfrisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert