Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2022, 12:15 AM   #1
1995 Itasca Sunrise "Jed"

454 V8 P-30 Belts for 1995 Itasca Sunrise

I am replacing my in dash AC compressor and have a belt question.

I have a 1995 Itasca Sunrise that is the 454 V8 7.4

I am not the original owner and here's the issues.

Which belts do you purchase for the three?

We had a shop do work and either the V belt flipped or the shop put it on backwards. I have never seen a belt flip. Thoughts????

We also had a shop not put a spacer in the compressor and that belt threw....knocking off the serpentine.

I am considering doing the work myself because shops keep failing. I did a shop to save time.

The belt issues led to the compressor squealing and failing. It would chirp, but the belt was tight. Eventually, it just started squealing when it kicked on.

So....replacing compressor, dryer, orifice tube, and belts. Napa matched the compressor and parts....i should have got belts from them, too. The good NAPA with qualified helpers is on the opposite side of town and the good, older guy is not always there. He pointed out the "not for motorhome" on belts before.

Autozone, O'reilly's, Napa show p30 belts, but they say not for Motor home. My vin has p37 in the number and Inread that is really P32

Which belts (size, number) and brand. I have always been partial to Gates or Gatorbelts.

I am not familiar with the Duralast brand.

Thoughts or experiences with all this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220327_190514_HDR.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	182563  
JedtheCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:22 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I've ALWAYS gone to Gates belts, since I owned a Corvair. The belt on that beast made a 90 degree turn and Gates belts were the only ones that would last over a month.
Attached Images

Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca