Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

diagram of roof electrical wires 2001 Chalet

Hi. So I am looking for a diagram of where the wires run in the rood of my Class C chalet and can't seem to find them. I am trying to get my Weboost mounted and don't want to hit any wires while running it into RV.
thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well, now we have a mystery!
In looking at the sites I most often use for Winnebago info, I don't find any mention of the Chalet models, so assuming there was name confusion, I looked online for 2001 chalet and found they are made by Winnebago and sold as 2001 Chalet!!!
This might be a good time to call Winnebago and ask about what's up with info on your RV?
A link for start?
https://www.winnebago.com/contact-us
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:19 AM   #3
Site Team

Beth, are you asking about the roof/ceiling wiring?

In general you won't find this online. You may be able to contact Winnebago directly and receive such a wiring diagram. I don't know the extent of their info on coaches of your age.

But there are not tons of wires in the roof and usually if you get on the roof you can see where things are mounted there and get an idea of the wiring needed to supply those items.

It may also be possible to just use an existing opening. For instance, on a Class C I used to own I removed the TV antenna mounting plate and ran my cell booster antenna wire in through that hole and then I reinstalled the antenna.

On a Class C the front of the roof is pretty clear, but a side location, say right over the RV body entry door if there is a cabinet there, is a great location for mounting a cell booster.

Another popular existing opening is the Fridge vent on top of the RV. The only problem with this large opening is it can be difficult to get access to the cabinets beside the fridge without partially removing the fridge. But sometimes that isn't necessary. Every RV is different.

One final location is down beside a plumbing vent. Though those are usually near the bathroom and or kitchen or both.

There are tons of YouTube videos of people drilling holes in their roofs for antenna installs and you may get some ideas there.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I looked online for 2001 chalet and found they are made by Winnebago and sold as 2001 Chalet!!!
I bet it looks familar to us all. But you are correct in the Owner's Tools Electrical Diagrams there is zero mention of the Chalet model at all. There are details about the Itasca Spirit and I'll hazard a guess that they are the same model. Maybe??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.20.39 AM.png
Views:	60
Size:	718.0 KB
ID:	177600  
Old 03-03-2021, 09:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I was thinking that would be a possibility. I really don't want/or need any more holes in the roof.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

that's it. I did go on the website you gave me for some answers. Thanks you for ayour quick reply
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Chalets are built for the rental market. May have some unique things compared to the normal Winnebago that they are based on.

Winnebago will send you pdf drawings of the roof structure. It will show everything in the roof, not just the wires.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

thank you so much
Old 04-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #9
debm

I own a 2009 Chalet and when I looked at the sticker on the driver's door, I learned that it was actually a Winnebago Access. You may want to see if that is the case for you and then check the Winnebago site for your year. Good luck!
ndsnow13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, roof