Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

CatClamp Catalytic Converter Lock

We're moving this spring to Arizona and I'm going to have to store my RV when not in use instead of on my property where it is now. I've heard a lot of stories of people breaking into storage yards and quickly cutting out the converter using a battery operated sawsall. Has anyone had one stolen from their RV, or has installed some sort of protection to thwart the the theft of their converter. I've been able to find these at Catalytic Converter | Difficult | Cut | Cat Clamp Just wondering what your experiences are.
starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

that is a excellent question, my fiance and i have a 2014 winnibago vista 35f here in new jersey, its a pretty quiet area , above 55 to live here, the rv is stored in a open area, but with plenty of light , well the catalytic converter was stolen from it , we are looking into a security system for it , other tan a loiusville slugger , at a price of $2100.00 and myself and a friend are doing the labor, has anybody had a security system installed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any recomendtions
thank you so much
michael and betty lou
michael j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I live in Phoenix. Mine was stolen while at the storage yard. I changed storage yards. they just cut it off right below the flange.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 03:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

this person said they installed this clamp.

navnaz
CO Sunova Owner

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3929180

I agree with BobC. After the installation, DIY or have someone put a CatClamp Converter Lock on your catalytic converter. I put it on myself. It costs $199 but will severely deter a thief from taking your new one. Look it up on Google. Attached is a picture of my install.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, converter