Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The slideout lock on one of the slides on our 2007 Adventurer is not working. I can't find any information in the documentation that indicates how to troubleshoot to determine what the problem could be. Any information and assistance will be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Dave: Not sure what you mean by slide is not locking. On my rigs I let the slide out and it stays until I bring it back in. A lot of us though have had solenoid problems which allows the slide to creep in and/or out. Call HWH and tell them your situation they are pretty good about helping.

Don, WIT70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

When traveling each slideout should be locked so that the slideout doesn't accidently extend. The slideout lock is engaged by pressing a button. When I press the button for one of my slideouts, nothing happens.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidC1225:
When traveling each slideout should be locked so that the slideout doesn't accidently extend. The slideout lock is engaged by pressing a button. When I press the button for one of my slideouts, nothing happens.
Our Adventurer doesn't have a slideout lock, but it's older than yours.

~Lori
Doula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:11 AM   #5

My first guess when things don't work is to check and see if there is a fuse problem. My next suggestion is to call Winnebago service and ask them what operates the locks and where the problem might be coming from. Good luck.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Dave:

We have a 2007 Suncruiser and have had the same problem. We took the motorhome back to the factory for some repairs and this was on the list. They checked it out and determined that the lock mechanism tends to bind on occasion. The solution is this: take the cover off the lock mechanism. My passenger side slide lock is in the lamp base. You have to take the 4 wood plugs off to expose the screws. Then unscrew the four screws and carefully lower the lamp base so that one end rests on the window cross frame. The driver's side slide lock is in a cupboard and under a plastic cover in the top of the cupboard. Take this cover off. The locks on both sides are the same. You can look up and see 4 silver 3/8" (I think) nuts. These need to be unscrewed about half way. Then wiggle the solenoid piece that you have loosened which will cause it to unbind. Now simply screw it back together. The only problem that I had was that one screw is close to another part and I had to file down the side of one of my sockets to allow it to fit and unscrew this nut. Now just put the cover back on and you are done. I have had this happen several times and this has fixed it each time. The other point is that I have better luck with it working if the slide is closed. I think things line up better when they are in the position where you would activate the lock than when the slide is out.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We have on 07 Vectra and had issues with the lock on the passenger/galley slide. It would work intermittently. When it wouldn't work, of course the slide wouldn't go out. It was indeed binding. The lock mechanism was completely replaced and we have had no issues with it since. Our mechanic also gave us the directions (as described by Doug Sage) on manually unlocking/locking the slide.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Guys. I will retract the slide and check to see if the lock is binding.

Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I adjusted the slide lock and it works like new. Thanks again for the assistance.