Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
New Winnebago Adventurer 29B - anything I should know?

Hi all - it is great to be a new member of the community!

My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B in a couple of weeks from a dealer close to us just north of Seattle. We are long time RVers - have owned 3 travel trailers and just traded in our 2014 Forest River Solera 24R (Mercedes chassis) for something bigger. We are planning some adventures as we have reached that age where our children are just about all out of the house.

Anything we should know about the Adventurer models? The 29B? The new Ford F53 chassis with the V8? Cool festivals in the PNW that we should take the rig to?

Looking forward to interacting and learning from you all!
__________________
Bob and Lisa
2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B
Snohomish, WA
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pflugerville/Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,399
I have nothing specific to that model but what I like about the Winnebago is the amount of info they do post online as it both lets me fix things that I find needed and also lets me FIND those pieces! Not sure how others feel but I like knowing where the basics are located (as well as whether I should have them!) but finding the info can be tricky when we don't know where to look for it!
So a short course in the lay of the Winn. info?
Amazing amount of info if you probe all the different tabs:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams

One of my favs and not to be ignored, just because it is called a "parts catalog" is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It lets you pick your specific Rv and then what part you want to look at for name location or even if you should have one! Lots of time can be spent just learning the controls for the drawings but you can do all kinds of looking, turning the RV around over and zooming and also have a list of the correct names at the side.

If you want to know how the drain gets from the shower to the tank, you can look at it from almost any angle. That means a lot less work than crawling around and trying to guess whether you might hit a pipe if you drill a hole?

Want to know what's behind the water filter? You can turn it around and look without even leaving the chair!

You might be amazed at what you can find out about the RV, just setting at the computer on some cold winter night, when nothing better to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	advent29b.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	177602   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	177603  

Click image for larger version

Name:	filter2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	177604  
__________________
Richard
2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE on 2014 chassis
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
Wow - that's an amazing amount of information, telemetry, data, schematics, etc. Incredibly helpful - thank you, Morich!
__________________
Bob and Lisa
2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B
Snohomish, WA
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Pflugerville/Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimBob View Post
Wow - that's an amazing amount of information, telemetry, data, schematics, etc. Incredibly helpful - thank you, Morich!
Glad you like it. I'm afraid a lot of folks pass up looking at the parts catalog because they don't need the parts yet!

For a couple clues to get folks who look in started on using the great things it can do. Notice how the front and back of the filter wound up tilted a bit? I'm still not a good driver and sometimes get so tipped over, I just back off and start over by clicking some other view like the top, etc.

Those symbols at the lower right let you pick the view at start. Front, back, left, right, etc.

Once you have a space like the filter picked and want to get in close for a better look, try this before scrolling closer. Down in the LEFT bottom there are three symbols and the first + can be clicked to get it highlighted/ chosen and then you can pick a spot on the drawing to keep centered as you move left/right, up/down and scroll in/out to zoom. Kind of gives you the ability to turn the RV every possible way to get a look behind or under things that might block the view.

Click a part on the drawing and it pops up on the list at right---so you can find the "real name" for that gizmo!

Or if you already know the real name but don't know where they hid it on the drawing, click the name and it changes to yellow on the drawing. Keep clicking the name on the list as you scroll around and the item will keep flashing yellow!

Drives me silly to think of all the playing I can do with that feature!!
__________________
Richard
2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE on 2014 chassis
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #5
Site Team
 
creativepart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch, TX
Posts: 4,108
Most of us gas Class A drivers find the driving experience to be challenging at first.

I don’t have experience with the new V8 chassis, but have read from others that the driving challenges are similar to the previous V10 version. I’m talking about the ride and handling of the coach on interstate highways, at speed (60’s mph not the speed limit), and around semi’s and in windy conditions.

A great many (most?) of us quickly install a steering stabilizer. There are a few different manufacturers of these and most of us wouldn’t drive the RV without it. They cost about $400 plus installation. They are very effective in helping you handle the RV.

Almost all of us find the ride difficult to live with. As a result there are a great many addon devices to help with this issue. These help but in my experience none have been a perfect answer. The truth is RVs are built on delivery truck chassis’s and your RV is going to ride like a delivery truck loaded with 2-dozen dishwashers.

You’ll find this stuff out fairly quickly. Just know that most ride “improvements” cost $1,000 or more PLUS installation EACH. Go slow and learn about them as you go.

As to the challenge of driving a 30+ foot long, 12.6’ tall, 8 1/2’ wide box that weighs 25,000+ lbs I’ll provide what I consider the most important two things I’ve learned:

1. Go slow. “This is not a timed event” if you take a long time to maneuver and you hold up traffic then they will just have to wait.

2. GOAL! As in... Get Out And Look. Don’t rely solely on your backup and side cameras or your mirrors.

Enjoy!
__________________
2017 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2016 Lincoln MKX Toad
creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
Great advice, Creativepart - much appreciated.

It sounds like the stock sway bars are better on the new F53 chassis are better than years past. So, step #1 will be to get a steering stabilizer. I'll take it slow from there.

And, GOAL: love that acronym. Will actively use it.
__________________
Bob and Lisa
2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B
Snohomish, WA
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 3
First thoughts on 2021 Adventurer 29B

Bob/Lisa

So have you got the new rig now, if so I would interested in early thoughts as we are about 6 months behind you on the order cycle for a 29B. Thanks

Colin
Bigc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigc View Post
Bob/Lisa

So have you got the new rig now, if so I would interested in early thoughts as we are about 6 months behind you on the order cycle for a 29B. Thanks

Colin
Hi Colin - I wish I had better news, but the long and the short of it is that we have not yet taken delivery and we are not sure when we will be able to receive the rig due to an ongoing recall with the new Ford F53 chassis.

There is a looooooong thread about this recall on the IRV2 forum (here). I recently posted an update there, if you're interested in the details:
I am a customer awaiting delivery of a Winnebago Adventurer that I ordered in February. My unit has been build complete since March but has been sitting undeliverable on Winnebago's lot awaiting instructions from Ford.

I'm now on a first name basis with my dealer's Winnebago factory rep, and he communicates with me frequently. Consistent with others on this thread, I learned this morning that the axle bearings need replaced on my unit. The bearings are on backorder from Ford, and they are expecting delivery by the end of June. Then the work needs done; then the delivery must get scheduled; then the vehicle must be delivered to my dealer; THEN I can purchase it from my dealer.

My wife told me when we placed our order that we would get the rig in October. I was optimistic and told her it be by June. As is so often the case in our relationship, she gets more correct by the day.

Lastly, while I share other's frustrations about the finger pointing between Ford and their manufacturers, I have been particularly frustrated by Ford. I have contacted their Motorhome Customer Service center and been told that they have nothing to do with the chassis product once they sell it to the manufacturers. I have reminded Ford that the recall is Ford's, not Winnebago's, and that they should have more pride in ownership of their products. Coupled with significant supply chain disruptions with their other vehicles (they can't build F150s and Mustangs right now) plus other concerns with the F53 chassis documented in other threads on this forum, I'm worried that I'm throwing a lot of money at a chassis that will be problematic from the day that I (finally) take delivery. I would back out of the deal and wait for things to settle and for Ford to get their bearings (see what I did there?), but then I'd be subject to the 20%+ price hikes in the RV industry. I feel stuck and frustrated.

Patience and faith are the words of the day.
I'll post an update and some pictures when (if?) we receive the unit. Safe travels until then!
__________________
Bob and Lisa
2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B
Snohomish, WA
ZimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:45 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimBob View Post
Hi Colin - I wish I had better news, but the long and the short of it is that we have not yet taken delivery and we are not sure when we will be able to receive the rig due to an ongoing recall with the new Ford F53 chassis.

There is a looooooong thread about this recall on the IRV2 forum (here). I recently posted an update there, if you're interested in the details:
I am a customer awaiting delivery of a Winnebago Adventurer that I ordered in February. My unit has been build complete since March but has been sitting undeliverable on Winnebago's lot awaiting instructions from Ford.

I'm now on a first name basis with my dealer's Winnebago factory rep, and he communicates with me frequently. Consistent with others on this thread, I learned this morning that the axle bearings need replaced on my unit. The bearings are on backorder from Ford, and they are expecting delivery by the end of June. Then the work needs done; then the delivery must get scheduled; then the vehicle must be delivered to my dealer; THEN I can purchase it from my dealer.

My wife told me when we placed our order that we would get the rig in October. I was optimistic and told her it be by June. As is so often the case in our relationship, she gets more correct by the day.

Lastly, while I share other's frustrations about the finger pointing between Ford and their manufacturers, I have been particularly frustrated by Ford. I have contacted their Motorhome Customer Service center and been told that they have nothing to do with the chassis product once they sell it to the manufacturers. I have reminded Ford that the recall is Ford's, not Winnebago's, and that they should have more pride in ownership of their products. Coupled with significant supply chain disruptions with their other vehicles (they can't build F150s and Mustangs right now) plus other concerns with the F53 chassis documented in other threads on this forum, I'm worried that I'm throwing a lot of money at a chassis that will be problematic from the day that I (finally) take delivery. I would back out of the deal and wait for things to settle and for Ford to get their bearings (see what I did there?), but then I'd be subject to the 20%+ price hikes in the RV industry. I feel stuck and frustrated.

Patience and faith are the words of the day.
I'll post an update and some pictures when (if?) we receive the unit. Safe travels until then!
Thanks for coming back so quickly. We are just firming the order and am aware of delays, no rush for us. We may wait for the demand side to drop and order next year, if that means it's a bit long, we have a yacht so thats fine. Material costs are showing very early signs of dropping so who knows and once inventory rises, that will drive deals (maybe).

The NHTSA notice Part 573, 21V-202 covers this issue you mention. It affects (Ford says) 7,876 F-53 and 8.252, F59 Chassis units. Ford were informed on 02/18/21 and after feed back reports from the field, put a STOP notice on due to wheel bearing seizure, rear axle failure or driveshaft failure.

This seems just a lubricant level issue at fords plant so your chassis in the winnebago plant should be tested and filled. Maybe once it arrives, have the dealer drop the rear axle lub, check the magnet for filings (there are often some from manufacturer anyway), have them flushed and refilled (at their cost). Does not sound much, maybe operator or pump level fill calibration. Easily solved.

If you know all this apologies, but yes would welcome some personal experience info once your shiny new unit arrives and when it does, have fun.

Take care.
Bigc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 16
I've posted some impressions of using our 2021 Adventurer 29B over the past several months and 8,000 miles that we picked up in late March (2021) here: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3899156
__________________
2021 Adventurer 29B | 2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T AWD
It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere!
Hermes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventurer, vent, winnebago


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adventurer 29B Interior Color- Gray Tones GA Hawkeye Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 1 01-27-2021 07:53 PM
Possibly buying a 06 29b question regarding fantastic fan installation airjetmech Winnebago Class C Motorhomes 13 09-08-2019 08:08 PM
Winnie Outlook 29b RonE Winnebago Class C Motorhomes 0 07-28-2018 07:02 AM
Something every Winnebago Owner should know powercat_ras Winnebago General Discussions 47 05-19-2018 06:59 PM
Looking at 2002-2008 Class C 29B. Your thoughts wanted. budloveall Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 7 03-14-2017 06:53 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×