Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Winnebago Adventurer 29B - anything I should know?

Hi all - it is great to be a new member of the community!

My wife and I are picking up our new 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 29B in a couple of weeks from a dealer close to us just north of Seattle. We are long time RVers - have owned 3 travel trailers and just traded in our 2014 Forest River Solera 24R (Mercedes chassis) for something bigger. We are planning some adventures as we have reached that age where our children are just about all out of the house.

Anything we should know about the Adventurer models? The 29B? The new Ford F53 chassis with the V8? Cool festivals in the PNW that we should take the rig to?

Looking forward to interacting and learning from you all!
ZimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have nothing specific to that model but what I like about the Winnebago is the amount of info they do post online as it both lets me fix things that I find needed and also lets me FIND those pieces! Not sure how others feel but I like knowing where the basics are located (as well as whether I should have them!) but finding the info can be tricky when we don't know where to look for it!
So a short course in the lay of the Winn. info?
Amazing amount of info if you probe all the different tabs:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams

One of my favs and not to be ignored, just because it is called a "parts catalog" is here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
It lets you pick your specific Rv and then what part you want to look at for name location or even if you should have one! Lots of time can be spent just learning the controls for the drawings but you can do all kinds of looking, turning the RV around over and zooming and also have a list of the correct names at the side.

If you want to know how the drain gets from the shower to the tank, you can look at it from almost any angle. That means a lot less work than crawling around and trying to guess whether you might hit a pipe if you drill a hole?

Want to know what's behind the water filter? You can turn it around and look without even leaving the chair!

You might be amazed at what you can find out about the RV, just setting at the computer on some cold winter night, when nothing better to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	advent29b.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	177602   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	177603  

Click image for larger version

Name:	filter2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	177604  
Old 03-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Wow - that's an amazing amount of information, telemetry, data, schematics, etc. Incredibly helpful - thank you, Morich!
Old 03-03-2021, 07:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimBob View Post
Wow - that's an amazing amount of information, telemetry, data, schematics, etc. Incredibly helpful - thank you, Morich!
Glad you like it. I'm afraid a lot of folks pass up looking at the parts catalog because they don't need the parts yet!

For a couple clues to get folks who look in started on using the great things it can do. Notice how the front and back of the filter wound up tilted a bit? I'm still not a good driver and sometimes get so tipped over, I just back off and start over by clicking some other view like the top, etc.

Those symbols at the lower right let you pick the view at start. Front, back, left, right, etc.

Once you have a space like the filter picked and want to get in close for a better look, try this before scrolling closer. Down in the LEFT bottom there are three symbols and the first + can be clicked to get it highlighted/ chosen and then you can pick a spot on the drawing to keep centered as you move left/right, up/down and scroll in/out to zoom. Kind of gives you the ability to turn the RV every possible way to get a look behind or under things that might block the view.

Click a part on the drawing and it pops up on the list at right---so you can find the "real name" for that gizmo!

Or if you already know the real name but don't know where they hid it on the drawing, click the name and it changes to yellow on the drawing. Keep clicking the name on the list as you scroll around and the item will keep flashing yellow!

Drives me silly to think of all the playing I can do with that feature!!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #5
Site Team

Most of us gas Class A drivers find the driving experience to be challenging at first.

I don’t have experience with the new V8 chassis, but have read from others that the driving challenges are similar to the previous V10 version. I’m talking about the ride and handling of the coach on interstate highways, at speed (60’s mph not the speed limit), and around semi’s and in windy conditions.

A great many (most?) of us quickly install a steering stabilizer. There are a few different manufacturers of these and most of us wouldn’t drive the RV without it. They cost about $400 plus installation. They are very effective in helping you handle the RV.

Almost all of us find the ride difficult to live with. As a result there are a great many addon devices to help with this issue. These help but in my experience none have been a perfect answer. The truth is RVs are built on delivery truck chassis’s and your RV is going to ride like a delivery truck loaded with 2-dozen dishwashers.

You’ll find this stuff out fairly quickly. Just know that most ride “improvements” cost $1,000 or more PLUS installation EACH. Go slow and learn about them as you go.

As to the challenge of driving a 30+ foot long, 12.6’ tall, 8 1/2’ wide box that weighs 25,000+ lbs I’ll provide what I consider the most important two things I’ve learned:

1. Go slow. “This is not a timed event” if you take a long time to maneuver and you hold up traffic then they will just have to wait.

2. GOAL! As in... Get Out And Look. Don’t rely solely on your backup and side cameras or your mirrors.

Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2021, 08:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Great advice, Creativepart - much appreciated.

It sounds like the stock sway bars are better on the new F53 chassis are better than years past. So, step #1 will be to get a steering stabilizer. I'll take it slow from there.

And, GOAL: love that acronym. Will actively use it.

Tags
adventurer, vent, winnebago