Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2023, 06:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Murphy Bed Mattress - 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 2306BHS

2022 Winnebago Micro Minnie FLX 2306BHS

Hello Community,

I have read all I can find regarding a murphy bed replacement mattress and I am still a little unclear as to which mattresses will work for daily putting up and taking down of the murphy bed. We will sleep on it a lot so I will spend what it takes to get it right the first time (under $1000 I hope). I am not interested in adding a topper or anything to make the current mattress work. I will toss it or repurpose it.

Question: Will a non-folding / non hinged mattress fit such I can put up the murphy bed daily? I need to put it up daily so it must go all the way up and be safe. If so, which ones work?

If I do need a hinged mattress, which ones are best?

LIST OF BEDS MENTIONED

I compiled this list from the posts that I read. Which mattress, specifically works on the murphy bed?

I really appreciate the time you take to read and reply to posts.

I attached a photo of the current state of the bed mattress Yeah, not sleeping on that.

Thank you
Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230909_130039.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	187227  
jerrylopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
Site Team

Mattress Insider can custom make a folding mattress that might work. Here's a link:

https://www.mattressinsider.com/hinged-rv-mattress.html
Old 09-10-2023, 01:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you don’t want a Matress that has a fold in it, some on the forum have bought 9” hybrids without a fold. I think it was wilderness. They fold over the Mattress like a taco and belt it down. Do a search on keyword Matress and you’ll find the thread.
Old 09-10-2023, 07:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you both for the reply. Since I am not familiar with a murphy bed, I am curious as to why the mattress even needs to fold. Does this mean a no-fold mattress will not fit when we put up the bed?
Old 03-10-2024, 08:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Any update on a mattress decision, I’m about to pull the trigger on a 2306bhs and am looking towards the Tochta folding matress, but any input or update is greatly appreciated??
Kylepb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I ended up going with a Denver Euro top matress. It was kinda hard to choose as there were a few recommendations. I have slept on it about 5 times and it was a good rest. I chose this one because it's not so thick that it won't fold and fit when upright. It does fit well. Sometimes I have to push it down just a little as i fold it up. Overall, I am totally pleased. It's not hard/firm and not too soft. Be sure to shope around for best prices. I do store and travel with it down just to keep the bed flat as much as possible.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Mattress...22137338105018

Hope this helps.

This little camper offers a lot. We really do love it. Even after buying it we looked at a 32ish foot Winnebago and we realized the mico mini can get in tp more places plus the heater and AC were great and the shower was hot and enough space.

I did have about 5 things that needed to get fixed pretty much right away and then everything was fine.

I also did some upgrades. Replaced the ceiling lights with 2 color, amber and white. Replaces speakers and wow, did that make a difference. And, I did get 3 days off grid with AC running a few hours a day. I ran it down to 20% once, 10%. I did get a generator and it fully charges within an hour or so.

Best to you in your purchase.