Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 07:40 PM   #601
Winnebago Camper

Great thread! So I have a question to add to this.

My plan is to keep my WFCO WF-8955-AD... I am adding a 2000w inverter. I will continue to charge my bank from my WF-8955-AD when on shore power. Solar will be charged from my Victron MPPT.

I will be using a Renology 2000w iverter with the remote switch.

If I get the auto-transfer switch - do I still need to deal with the battery charging aspects of the WF-8955-AD (meaning, do I still need to do something to turn off the charger so that the inverter isn't trying to charge the batteries?

My thought is to set up a kind of relay whereas when the inverter is turned off, it switches the charger side of the WF-8955-AD off. But I'm not entirely certain if this is the right path. It sounds super slick my head. LOL.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #602
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie1800BH View Post
Great thread! So I have a question to add to this.

My plan is to keep my WFCO WF-8955-AD... I am adding a 2000w inverter. I will continue to charge my bank from my WF-8955-AD when on shore power. Solar will be charged from my Victron MPPT.

I will be using a Renology 2000w iverter with the remote switch.

If I get the auto-transfer switch - do I still need to deal with the battery charging aspects of the WF-8955-AD (meaning, do I still need to do something to turn off the charger so that the inverter isn't trying to charge the batteries?

My thought is to set up a kind of relay whereas when the inverter is turned off, it switches the charger side of the WF-8955-AD off. But I'm not entirely certain if this is the right path. It sounds super slick my head. LOL.
Yes, you will need to do something either manual or automatic that will disconnect the charger side. The easiest manual method would be to have the charger on its own 15 amp breaker and switch it on and off as needed. A relay sounds like a good automatic solution, but I have no experience working with relays on AC circuits so I don't have an opinion on that possible solution. Hopefully others can provide additional input.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:31 AM   #603
Site Team

After 7-years and 30+ pages we’ve decided to cap the info in this thread and close it for further replies.

When threads like this begin it seems the perfect place because all the info on this model is all in one place. But when it passes 10 pages, 20 pages, etc it becomes impossible to navigate. New members with new questions or problems have their posts lost to the one long thread rather than being exposed to the whole forum’s members and their combined knowledge.

In essence, long threads like this become quasi “forums” or sub-forums but lack the separation of topics.

There is a great deal of Micro Minnie specific info in this thread and it will remain available for members to read… just not add to.

It will always be best if new Micro Minnie info, questions or problems are posted one thread at a time in the Winnebago Travel Trailer forum. Just include your TT’s Model and floor plan ( such as “Micro Minnie 2108”) in the thread title to help others answer your specific Micro Minnie questions.
Closed Thread