Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 09:57 AM   #541
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Could be because Micro Minis have 3 different axle height positions, so hitch height will be different depending on which position you choose.
I don't think that's true anymore? I don't see any adjustability in mine.

Quote:
I am trying to get ready for a 2022 2108DS and need to figure out the rise height for a new ball mount.
I thought I had seen 22" in a post but can't relocate it.
Seems crazy hitch isn't a standard spec listing?
any help appreciated.
Yeah, I think 22" is correct off the top of my head.

And yes, it's super relevant. When I was picking mind up, there was another person supposed to be picking up there's. They had a Kia... whatever their biggest SUV is. They were going to need a MASSIVE riser hitch like 8-12" or something. And it blocked them opening the hatchback.

They drove away, I'm not sure if they cancelled the deal or what.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #542
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
New owner here.
Had a few troubles getting the propane water heater to fire. Got that figured out now.
I still haven't got the furnace to fire up. The instructions that came with the Dometic furnace show an on/off switch. I have not seen any such switch.
So my question to any owners of this same TT... Is there a switch or does the thermostat control?
BTW the TT has the capacitive touch thermostat.

TIA for any and all ideas.
Well it turns out our first trip with our new TT was back to the dealer. It was a quite amazing experience. After showing up late due to a problem with our running lights which prevented an early morning start, the service manager came out and quickly diagnosed the running light issue and replaced the blown fuse.
He then went in the TT and said " this is kind of a long shot but let's start here" then he opened a panel on the A/C and found a wire that had pulled loose from its connector.
He went back in the shop came out with a new spade connector and a crimp tool and in a couple minutes... the furnace was working!

So I will publicly thank Justin Dawdy of Crain RV in Springdale, Arkansas for his personal attention to our issue and for knowing exactly what
to do and getting us back on the road in less than an hour.
After reading RV message boards for many years, I was expecting the worst.
TT held hostage for weeks waiting on parts or whatever.
Anyway, we were back home the same day and everything on our new Minnie is officially working as it should.
Now just waiting on our new TV. We do have a VIN and a build date so things are looking up.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #543
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
I don't think that's true anymore? I don't see any adjustability in mine.

Yeah, I think 22" is correct off the top of my head.

And yes, it's super relevant. When I was picking mind up, there was another person supposed to be picking up there's. They had a Kia... whatever their biggest SUV is. They were going to need a MASSIVE riser hitch like 8-12" or something. And it blocked them opening the hatchback.

They drove away, I'm not sure if they cancelled the deal or what.
We just took delivery on our new micro and its hitch height is right at 24 inches. It has the explorer package and is quite a thing of beauty. Two 3000 pound axles with 15 inch wheels and all-terrain tires is pretty cool on a 20 foot TT that weighs in at about 3500 pounds. With so little load on each tire, I'll probably keep the Westlakes on for a while. I do have a Tireminder system just to be safe.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:53 AM   #544
Winnebago Camper

Yea, i had similar experience as that person with KIA in earlier post...

I came to pick up mine with my BMW X5 with standard hitch size, when they hook it in it was in very weird position tilted forward, so they game we weight distribution hitch as part of the deal with like 12'' rise or so.

My car has air suspension but that was not be able to rise back that high to level back even closely.
Now I'm using RAM 1500 to tow it and even with this truck I do small rise to have it level.

No complaints - i like that hight, even though we lost some inside height due to it.
Old 10-02-2021, 01:33 PM   #545
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
We just took delivery on our new micro and its hitch height is right at 24 inches. It has the explorer package and is quite a thing of beauty. Two 3000 pound axles with 15 inch wheels and all-terrain tires is pretty cool on a 20 foot TT that weighs in at about 3500 pounds. With so little load on each tire, I'll probably keep the Westlakes on for a while. I do have a Tireminder system just to be safe.
Congrats on your new MM.
You’re gonna love how well it tows. With a good WDH and anti-sway, it’s one finger driving most of the time.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #546
Winnebago Camper

Drawer Latch Addition to our Minnie

After seeing the potential for mayhem should the large drawer under the cook top come open while underway, I decided a more secure latch was required.
Shopped around on Amazon and found a 1/4 turn that fit my needs very nicely.
It is a 1 1/8" twist lock cylinder with offset cam. Seemed a bit overpriced at $15 and I had to adjust the offset cam with my pliers but as it is installed it does the job perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1925.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	181020   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1926.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	181021  

Name:	DSCF1927.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	181022  
Old 02-20-2022, 03:09 AM   #547
Winnebago Watcher

Do you have the link to the faucet? Thanks.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #548
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sink View Post
Do you have the link to the faucet? Thanks.
Hi Sam Sink, to which faucet are you referring please? There are a lot of good inspiring posts on here.
🙂
Old 02-24-2022, 12:17 PM   #549
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclorite View Post
We are getting a Furrion Wireless Camera System installed in our new 2108DS by our Dealer, Bill Plemmons RV in NC. They are going to mount it in place of the center overhead running light in back. No extra holes required!
Do you have any pictures?

Trust they powered it from the center light location and the running lights need to be on for the camera to operate.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:26 PM   #550
Winnebago Camper

Replaced Old Showerhead And Faucet

The old shower in my 2019 Micro Minnie 2108DS had faucet levers that rotated downward to start the flow. After a trip where I found the hot water lever had rotated open and let the contents of the hose flow onto the stuff I had stored in the shower for travel, I decided I would upgrade it and the shower head. Never been a fan of the weak flow of the original showerhead, nor having to squat down to rinse my shampoo. I also added an extra shutoff valve to the faucet.

Super simple upgrade. Just peeled off the caulk around the faucet wall mount plate, unscrewed the old, screwed in the new. I used PTFE tape on all of the connections. Hint, if you're adding the extra shutoff valve, attach it BEFORE screwing the new faucet onto the wall mount plate. I recaulked the wall mount plate, leaving the bottom uncaulked, and added caulk around the showerhead mount.

Photos:
Old hardware on left, New hardware on right.
View inside the wall.
Comparison of old (left and New (right) depth.

I got an Oxygenics Showerhead with two spray settings:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shutoff valve:

Dura Valve Single lever Faucet:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20220217_181608975.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	182107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside Wall.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	182108  

Name:	Comarison.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	512.2 KB
ID:	182109  
Old 03-03-2022, 12:33 PM   #551
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleygo View Post
Update on the tankless water heater situation.....

I ended up installing a Suburban 6 gallon tank heater. Gone are the days of wondering if the tankless heater will work. It cost close to $750 installed but worth every penny.

Now one to the delaminating cabinet doors on the edges...….
Do you know the model number of the Suburban you replace the tankless with? Does it fit in the existing space for the tankless? I want to do this swap myself but want to make sure i get the one that fits with minimal modifications.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:30 PM   #552
Winnebago Camper

Just finished the first major trip with our Micro Minnie 1708FB. Kansas City to Phoenix and return. Bucked some crazy headwinds going out and got 10.9 mpg from our Ford Ranger. Return was much better at 14.9 mpg, hand calculated. Computer showed a little lower number. Most of the time I was running at 60/65 mph or less in the high headwind areas.
Before we left, I installed a Haloview camera system. It is absolutely the best money I have ever spent on a RV mod.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:38 PM   #553
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Just finished the first major trip with our Micro Minnie 1708FB. Kansas City to Phoenix and return. Bucked some crazy headwinds going out and got 10.9 mpg from our Ford Ranger. Return was much better at 14.9 mpg, hand calculated. Computer showed a little lower number. Most of the time I was running at 60/65 mph or less in the high headwind areas.
Before we left, I installed a Haloview camera system. It is absolutely the best money I have ever spent on a RV mod.
You’ve got bragging rights for fuel economy. 14.9 up there in diesel country. We just got back from a 6,000 mi coast to coast and back, and our Canyon averaged 11mpg. Hellacious winds through NewMexico and Arizona when we were only getting 8, or less at 40 mph and had to pull over many times.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:54 PM   #554
Winnebago Camper

I'm pretty sure the great tailwind and mostly downhill travel had something to do with the good mpgs. As far as diesel mpgs go, when we started out post retirement travels, we bought a new Ram 2500 w. the Cummins. That truck would consistently get over 20 mpg unless I was towing our Flagstaff 30' TT. Then it got mostly 10/11 mpg. That was somewhat of a disappointment. I will say it was a beast on the mountain passes. Both going up and coming down.
So far my experience with the turbo Ranger has been very good going up the grades. No sign it lacks for power towing the Minnie.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:47 AM   #555
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
After seeing the potential for mayhem should the large drawer under the cook top come open while underway, I decided a more secure latch was required.
Shopped around on Amazon and found a 1/4 turn that fit my needs very nicely.
It is a 1 1/8" twist lock cylinder with offset cam. Seemed a bit overpriced at $15 and I had to adjust the offset cam with my pliers but as it is installed it does the job perfectly.
That's a nice latch!

Another option is to use those plastic childproof locks for kitchen cabinets. The locks I am thinking of are just a plastic hook that latches and prevents doors and drawers from opening more than about an inch unless the hook is pressed so that it doesn't catch the latch when opening.

I haven't looked into childproof locks lately. The locks I mentioned were used in my parent's house 30 years ago. There are likely some better options out there now.

Edit:
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Invi...dp/B07GRNTXJZ/

But I would prefer the kind that attach with screws.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:03 AM   #556
Winnebago Owner

Mayhem is when the fridge falls out of the cabinet surround. Mine did, and if you have a 12v Dometic fridge, yours is likely to fall out too. Problem is WBGO did not design in any support structure for the fridge. It fits in the same space as the absorption fridge but is much less deep than the absorption fridge, so it w doesn’t rest on the backers next to the sidewall. The entire weight of the fridge is borne by two metal screws that screw into the top of the fridge through the top bracket. Over time these screws work their way out and the fridge collapses into the back of the cabinet. Fortunately no serious damage done, but there could have been if we didn’t catch it early and perform some field surgery. WBGO claims no responsibility, and hasn’t provided any assistance other than to offer to send me new brackets. I will attempt the repair on my own. So, beware. I’m sure WBGO knows about this problem but won’t admit it. If you have a 12v fridge, you may want to call WBGO customer service and inquire whether this issue was fixed on your VIN#.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A1AE1C94-179A-4214-9878-5DE522633FDB.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	182548   Click image for larger version

Name:	DB8E4FC8-D752-4DF2-AC0E-A98EF757CBBE.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	182549  

Old 04-19-2022, 12:45 PM   #557
Winnebago Camper

Well, that's a worry. Seems like something Winnebago should provide some answers for. Including a recall and repair. If you come up with a solution, please post here. So far I am very pleased with the operation of the fridge. Keeps my ice cream hard and that's the test. One issue I do have with the fridge is that the door does not open wide enough to re-arrange the shelves.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:54 PM   #558
Winnebago Owner

Mayhem is when your outside bins open while you’re cruising down the freeway. Happened to me twice with different bins. Apparently when the trailer 2225rl is level it’s tight but when off level and flexing it opens….at least for me. I installed some thumb cams. Don’t want to be that guy on the freeway.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3C65346C-B62F-46E5-83F5-786F35F4729A.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	182552   Click image for larger version

Name:	F01F434B-BFF8-4BC2-9AD3-392F650D85C4.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	182553  

Old 04-19-2022, 02:19 PM   #559
Winnebago Owner

This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old people sitting around, drinking wine and all the conversation is about their illnesses and aches and pains.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #560
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
This is beginning to sound like a bunch of old people sitting around, drinking wine and all the conversation is about their illnesses and aches and pains.
That's a good one. So often the only things that appear on these message boards are the complaints.
That's actually a benefit to others who read about and then address issues before they become problems to them.
It's all good.
So far, in retirement, we've owned 3 TTs and they all had some minor issues. This one, IMHO, is the best built. Time will tell.
Closed Thread