Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 12:19 PM   #581
Winnebago Camper

Marine359,
Thank you for all of the great information! Very glad to know you all have had really good experiences so far. Right when we were ready to take the plunge and purchase in February much of what we were looking at jumped in price almost overnight by an average of 5 grand or more. This was everywhere I was looking near me. I just couldn’t stomach the thought of that kind of price jump then. I’m noticing prices coming down a bit as I suppose they’re wanting to liquidate for newer models coming in. Thus the reason for the question(s) and the very good possibility of purchasing now. Again many thanks for the quick response!
Old 07-18-2022, 03:18 PM   #582
Winnebago Owner

Grizz,
We bought just before the big price hikes and just before inventory went dry. So by today’s standards we got a killer deal because we got 30% off msrp when msrp was way lower than today. I have no idea what msrp is today, but you should be able to negotiate 30% off if you’re patient and shop around. News is out that Winnebago is laying off and cutting production as soon as they fill existing orders. This should put some pressure on dealers to heavily discount their growing inventories. Winnebago is not going to lower its wholesale prices, so it’s all up to the dealer and the customer, and today, the customer is in the drivers seat.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:48 PM   #583
Winnie-Wise

It's crazy where prices have gone.

In Canada they advertise MSRP on the new 2022 Micro Minnie 2108DS for $50k

Look North of your state to Canada, price a discount and then exchange the US Dollar at 30% and you might find a smoking deal.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #584
Winnebago Camper

Hi Grizz, I have a 2019 2108DS and absolutely LOVE it. It tows very easily (Colorado to Maryland, Montana to South Texas) especially with my Ram 1500 and a WDH. I live in it full-time. The only thing that I found towed more easily was a T@B (teardrop). I have made some interior changes, but have zero complaints with it. Of course 'easy' is subjective and having an appropriate tow vehicle makes a huge difference.
Good luck on your search and happy travels.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:25 PM   #585
Winnebago Camper

Marine359, Bcborn and Amazonica,
Thank you! All of you have definitely provided some great info.! The price range on the DS and TB models for new appear from what I can find a little over 30,000 to over 50,000. There is a new DS and TB model a couple of hundred miles from me (in 2 different directions) that are listed currently a little over 30,000. Still seems a little much but I’m afraid they may not go much lower and may disappear before I have a chance to get to them. I do like both models and actually have been in both at the Lazydays Knoxville dealership. Am leaning toward the TB model as I like the thought of transforming the twins into a king when the wife and I are out. One additional question. I currently have an F250. Would sway control and a weight distribution hitch be needed? I currently have an 07 Jayco pop up (will probably trade it even though we’ve had wonderful family times with the kids) that didn’t even need sway control with the Toyota T100 I use to pull with. Just curious if the DS or TB would need those? Thanks again for all the info!
Old 07-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #586
Winnebago Owner

If it’s just over $30k, that’s probably a good deal. Winnebago has raised the wholesale price twice since we bought. So if your dealer is selling for $30k, that’s probably close to 30% off msrp.

You may be able to tow it with your 3/4 ton without WDH. But, if you’re in a high crosswind situation, you’ll probably wish you had a WDH with anti-sway. Best way to know is to tow it for a couple of hundred miles without a WDH. If it feels squirrely, then you’ll know.

Good luck
Old 07-20-2022, 09:14 AM   #587
Winnie-Wise

I'm pulling a 2108TB with a 2022 F-150. No WDH but have a Curt anti-sway bar which seems to work well. My TV also has an integrated sway control feature (which I've never seen activated). My personal experience has been very positive, even with 30-40 MPH crosswind(s) in the FL panhandle.

Note that I rarely go over speed limits. My payload, tongue weight and GVWR is well tuned with a 10-15% safety margin.

If I was towing anything larger and/or heavier, I would think about getting a WDH, but at this time it's all good.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:26 PM   #588
Winnebago Camper

Extra TV Hookup

While we like almost everything about our Minnie, the TV location on the rear wall is not convenient for two to watch. So for when we are set up for more than a day, I have routed a TV connection so the TV can sit on the counter opposite our dinette. by removing the two roof vents, I was able to fish coax to a place above the counter. Additionally, I tapped into a good 12 volt line and left a hot connection by the overhead vent for a future smart fan install. We very seldom cook inside and almost never use the kitchen sink, so this works for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2081.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	184104   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2080.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	184105  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2079.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	184106  
Old 09-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #589
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
While we like almost everything about our Minnie, the TV location on the rear wall is not convenient for two to watch. So for when we are set up for more than a day, I have routed a TV connection so the TV can sit on the counter opposite our dinette. by removing the two roof vents, I was able to fish coax to a place above the counter. Additionally, I tapped into a good 12 volt line and left a hot connection by the overhead vent for a future smart fan install. We very seldom cook inside and almost never use the kitchen sink, so this works for us.
Looks like that works out well for you. In our 2250DS the position of TV was well thought out in the design. It is good for someone on the bed as well as someone sitting in the dinette to watch.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:35 AM   #590
Winnebago Camper

I'm finding the spout in the bathroom sink to be too close to the edge and causes water to splash back on the countertop. I see it is removable so I am wondering if there is a replacement with a larger offset that would solve my problem.
Anyone having the same issue? And did you find a replacement?

TIA
Old 09-14-2022, 12:08 PM   #591
Winnebago Camper

Having the same issue with my 2022 2225RL Micro Minnie. Agreed something that extends further over the sink will solve the problem although most bathroom faucet sets seem to be about the same size and dimensions.

Will be watching for suggestions here.

Dick
Orrington, Maine
Old 09-14-2022, 01:25 PM   #592
Winnebago Owner

I’d be concerned that something out too far, that I’d whack my forehead on it when I washed my face. I’m way clumsy though.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:40 PM   #593
Winnebago Camper

Always thought you Marines had too big a head.

Okay, okay. Just joshin with ya. 20 year Air Force guy here. I already know how you guys feel about us flyboys. LOL

Dick (Msgt Ret)
Old 09-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #594
Winnebago Camper

Well, today we discovered a real problem. We are getting ready for a few days w/o power and have been carrying a cooler to use on the shower floor. It has been sitting on a towel to avoid scratches. When we lifted it out, we found the towel to be saturated with water. Turns out we have developed a leak behind the shower wall. Just a drip-drip thing but to repair it will mean removing the entire shower wall. Has anyone done that? I sure hate to tear into it, but I can't think of any other way to deal with it. I am also worried that some of the water may have found its way to the floor which could cause some very serious troubles. We head to Crater Lake tomorrow, from Bend, and I don't anticipate getting started on repairs until we get home in a couple weeks. Until then we will be running pretty much waterless.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #595
Winnebago Owner

Why do feel it’s not leaking behind the shower wall. If that were the case, the shower faucet would be the culprit. That’s easily replaced. You might sleuth that it’s really leaking down the wall by taping a paper towel to the joint between the wall and the pan. Other sources of perceived leaks are:

1. A full gray tank that sloshes water up through the shower drain while you’re driving.
2. Some water sloshing out of the cooler because it’s not rubber sealed.
3. Water sloshing out of a toilet bowl that hasn’t been emptied before traveling.
4. Water leaking down from the shower head which gets shaken while driving.

All of the above have happened to us except the cooler. We’ve also learned to turn off the water pump while traveling, as the pump can cycle and force a bit of water out the shower head. I’m hoping you don’t have a leak at all, and that the water is coming from some other source. We put our shower head on the pan floor, and definitely empty the gray tank.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:45 PM   #596
Winnebago Watcher

Does anyone have advice regarding retracting the slide on a 2020 d108ds if it fails to retract? thanks
Old 09-17-2022, 05:42 PM   #597
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Why do feel it’s not leaking behind the shower wall. If that were the case, the shower faucet would be the culprit. That’s easily replaced. You might sleuth that it’s really leaking down the wall by taping a paper towel to the joint between the wall and the pan. Other sources of perceived leaks are:

1. A full gray tank that sloshes water up through the shower drain while you’re driving.
2. Some water sloshing out of the cooler because it’s not rubber sealed.
3. Water sloshing out of a toilet bowl that hasn’t been emptied before traveling.
4. Water leaking down from the shower head which gets shaken while driving.

All of the above have happened to us except the cooler. We’ve also learned to turn off the water pump while traveling, as the pump can cycle and force a bit of water out the shower head. I’m hoping you don’t have a leak at all, and that the water is coming from some other source. We put our shower head on the pan floor, and definitely empty the gray tank.
Thanks for your reply and those ideas. However, the cooler has been travelling empty and I can see the trickle of water appear at the edge of the shower pan just below where the wall overlaps it. It shows up directly below the shower controls. It goes away when I turn off the water and reappears as soon as the water is turned on.
We had a drip-drip leak on the kitchen faucet of our Flagstaff TT. Probably a bad pex connection. It would come and go. Never were able to get at it to repair. Just left a pizza pan under it and checked it ever so often. Never built up much. When I sold that TT, I told the new owner about it and I suppose he is dealing with it the same way.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:30 PM   #598
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Does anyone have advice regarding retracting the slide on a 2020 d108ds if it fails to retract? thanks
You may have to use manual bypass to retract it. The slide controller is located inside under the slide toward the front of the slide. It gives led fault codes. If you have the scwintek manual, you can read the codes. Follow the Schwintek manual for reprogramming the controller for manual mode. You should be able to retract the slide in manual mode. Then probably need to rebalance motors before switching back to auto mode. If you don’t have the instructions, go to the scwintek website.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:21 PM   #599
Winnebago Watcher

SOKA Centerset Bathroom Sink Faucet Two Handles High Arc 4" Lavatory Bath With Deck Plate & Pop-Up Drain Fit 3 Hole Installation. On Amazon
Old 09-19-2022, 05:22 AM   #600
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
Thanks for your reply and those ideas. However, the cooler has been travelling empty and I can see the trickle of water appear at the edge of the shower pan just below where the wall overlaps it. It shows up directly below the shower controls. It goes away when I turn off the water and reappears as soon as the water is turned on.
We had a drip-drip leak on the kitchen faucet of our Flagstaff TT. Probably a bad pex connection. It would come and go. Never were able to get at it to repair. Just left a pizza pan under it and checked it ever so often. Never built up much. When I sold that TT, I told the new owner about it and I suppose he is dealing with it the same way.
Check the screw fittings on the shower fixture. It should just be 4 screws and a bit of scraping to remove the caulk. I had a similar issue in my 1800BH. The fittings were only finger tight. Same on the fittings to the outdoor shower. Just tighten them up and you're good to go.
Closed Thread