Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2023, 08:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie 2108TB vs 2108FBS floorplans

Looking at these layouts. I get if you must have a Kind bed, that rules out the FBS. Initially I liked the idea of being able to separate from the wife (we snore) or using it with a buddy. But got to thinking about minus's like trying to put in a better mattress with 3 different pieces.

Any other plusses or minusses? What makes either floorplan a must have for you or a no go for you.

Planning to purchase ASAP!

Thanks.
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Camping In Colorado,
The trouble with the 2108TB (the first image shown below) is that you have ¼ of the closet space that the 2108FBS offers. As far as a friend sleeping in the trailer once in a while, I believe the Sofa/Sleeper is an option which solves that problem. Also, if both of you are snoring, one of you could sleep on the couch, as you would have the privacy curtain to dampen the sonic vibrations. If it were me, I would choose the 2108FBS with the EZ Glide Sofa Sleeper.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5

Old 07-10-2023, 11:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi CampininCo,
We have a 2108 ds, but the Murphy bed essentially occupies the same space as the 2108FBS. We did not choose the FBS because when traveling and you want to stop along your route to use the trailer, like for lunch, there is nowhere to sit in the FBS. You cannot sit in the slide when it is in. That will damage the slide over time. With the tv you can come in and sit on the beds and even have a small table. With the ds, you can come in and raise the bed in order to sit on the Murphy bed sofa.
Old 07-10-2023, 01:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Hi CampininCo,
We have a 2108 ds, but the Murphy bed essentially occupies the same space as the 2108FBS. We did not choose the FBS because when traveling and you want to stop along your route to use the trailer, like for lunch, there is nowhere to sit in the FBS. You cannot sit in the slide when it is in. That will damage the slide over time. With the tv you can come in and sit on the beds and even have a small table. With the ds, you can come in and raise the bed in order to sit on the Murphy bed sofa.
Can you still get the fridge open when slide in is in?

My concern about the 2108DS is that it looks like you have to exit the foot of the bed since sides are completely occupied. My wife uses a walker and has weak legs, so getting in and out of the DS might be a bit of a challenge for her as would wardrobe access.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinInCO View Post
Can you still get the fridge open when slide in is in?

My concern about the 2108DS is that it looks like you have to exit the foot of the bed since sides are completely occupied. My wife uses a walker and has weak legs, so getting in and out of the DS might be a bit of a challenge for her as would wardrobe access.
You cannot fully open the fridge on any of the 2108 models with the slide in. But you can open it far enough to grab stuff parked on the door shelves, and the shelf portions close to the open door. We just pack our fridge so our lunch is accessible and water/soft drinks/beer are on the door shelves.

On the ds and fbs 2108, with slide in, there is sufficient room to enter through the door, and there is space (about 18” between the slide and the foot of the bed.
In our ds model, you do have to scoot to the foot edge of the bed to get in and out of bed. There is no walk around space, but you do gain valuable storage on sides of bed which passes through to the pass through. I broke the luan paneling base surrounding the dinette by inadvertently stepping on it getting up in the night to do what old men must do. BTW, after owning our ds for 3 years now, sometimes wish we had gotten the TB model. Closet space would not have been our biggest concern. Accessibly to sit or lie in beds with slides in or out is a great feature of the TB model. On the downside, the pass through on the Tb model is way smaller than our ds. And in retrospect, I don’t know what we’d do if we had to give up space in the pass through. We use it for everything, and it’s easier to balance tongue weight by weighting the pass through wil gear. We put our Blackstone adventure griddle/cooker in there, our propane generator, LFP battery, electrical components, camp mat, camp chairs, and lots of other stuff in the pass thru. If we put that gear in the truck bed we would be overweight on rear axle GAWR. I think pass through space a very important determinant.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
You cannot fully open the fridge on any of the 2108 models with the slide in. But you can open it far enough to grab stuff parked on the door shelves, and the shelf portions close to the open door. We just pack our fridge so our lunch is accessible and water/soft drinks/beer are on the door shelves.

On the ds and fbs 2108, with slide in, there is sufficient room to enter through the door, and there is space (about 18” between the slide and the foot of the bed.
In our ds model, you do have to scoot to the foot edge of the bed to get in and out of bed. There is no walk around space, but you do gain valuable storage on sides of bed which passes through to the pass through. I broke the luan paneling base surrounding the dinette by inadvertently stepping on it getting up in the night to do what old men must do. BTW, after owning our ds for 3 years now, sometimes wish we had gotten the TB model. Closet space would not have been our biggest concern. Accessibly to sit or lie in beds with slides in or out is a great feature of the TB model. On the downside, the pass through on the Tb model is way smaller than our ds. And in retrospect, I don’t know what we’d do if we had to give up space in the pass through. We use it for everything, and it’s easier to balance tongue weight by weighting the pass through wil gear. We put our Blackstone adventure griddle/cooker in there, our propane generator, LFP battery, electrical components, camp mat, camp chairs, and lots of other stuff in the pass thru. If we put that gear in the truck bed we would be overweight on rear axle GAWR. I think pass through space a very important determinant.
Good thought, but I am going to try to keep it light. Hopefully the EU2000i will fit on either side of the pass through. I will have a chance to measure tomorrow. I will have some dense weight up there I don't think I will have a problem. But I don't have it yet! ;-)

I plan to rig some form of support for the dinette to it won't destroy the slide when used in. Maybe wheels or perhaps temporary blocks to keep it level in transit. I will use this on as rough of roads as possible.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinInCO View Post
Good thought, but I am going to try to keep it light. Hopefully the EU2000i will fit on either side of the pass through. I will have a chance to measure tomorrow. I will have some dense weight up there I don't think I will have a problem. But I don't have it yet! ;-)

I plan to rig some form of support for the dinette to it won't destroy the slide when used in. Maybe wheels or perhaps temporary blocks to keep it level in transit. I will use this on as rough of roads as possible.
Think again about putting the Honda in the pass thru. It emits gasoline fumes even when not in use. Our generator is used on propane only, so there is no gasoline in the tank or in the carburetor. No fumes, and perfectly safe for pass through storage. Of course, you could convert the Honda to propane.

If your wife needs to get in/out on side of bed the ds model would not be a good choice. I dunno about your plan to support slide while it’s in. Might want to get some other opinions on that one.

Good luck.
Old 07-10-2023, 03:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Think again about putting the Honda in the pass thru. It emits gasoline fumes even when not in use. Our generator is used on propane only, so there is no gasoline in the tank or in the carburetor. No fumes, and perfectly safe for pass through storage. Of course, you could convert the Honda to propane.

If your wife needs to get in/out on side of bed the ds model would not be a good choice. I dunno about your plan to support slide while it’s in. Might want to get some other opinions on that one.

Good luck.
Thanks. The plan for the slide is really just for transport and to keep the end of the slide supported when it is in. I will likely also do something on the exterior to support it when stationary and out.

I will only transport the generators I won't run them there, LOL. Sorry I did not mention that.

My Honda has a shipping mode. Never smelled a fume come from it during transport and it has been transported in my LR4/Disco cargo area for thousands of miles. Also transported in a Truck camper for years and years.

Of course it is usually near empty, but I am not even the least bit concerned about it.
Old 07-10-2023, 03:33 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
Greetings Camping In Colorado,
The trouble with the 2108TB (the first image shown below) is that you have ¼ of the closet space that the 2108FBS offers. As far as a friend sleeping in the trailer once in a while, I believe the Sofa/Sleeper is an option which solves that problem. Also, if both of you are snoring, one of you could sleep on the couch, as you would have the privacy curtain to dampen the sonic vibrations. If it were me, I would choose the 2108FBS with the EZ Glide Sofa Sleeper.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
I think that the closet space is my biggest gripe too, but this is really hanging space. i will only *need* to hang a few things for Sunday or if I get called to travel on business. Lots more overhead space though. Hoping I won't need to hang a bunch of stuff. I will have to spend some time in the TB to figure out storage I am thinking perhaps access from top on the beds and some partitions in the pass through. The doors below seem hard to get to an too easy to open.

PS: Dang, these flex models are pricey. Seems like also about 5k or so for needed equipment as well.
Old 07-22-2023, 11:05 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Flx fbs2108

We just got our 2108FBS a month ago and really like the large storage area under the bed. The mattress was terrible until we put a mattress topper on it from Amazon (Recci 2 inch Mattress Topper Queen) and it is now VERY comfortable.

As for a second sleeping area, we preferred the dining area option, but that also breaks down into a second bed and I would think it's the same size as the couch version.

We also have a Honda EU2000i generator. When we haul it, I was thinking we'd put on the cargo rack we got, attaching to the hitch receiver on the trailer back. (Of course a heavy chain and lock will be attached for security.)

I did NOT know you couldn't sit in the dining area when the slide is in. I would be interested in hearing about options to support and protect the slides so that it is usable when in. We also like to stop and have lunch or a little break along the journey. Thanks for any tips!
timfhodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:06 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfhodgson View Post
We just got our 2108FBS a month ago and really like the large storage area under the bed.
Storage without tongue weight is always a bonus.

I like the Dinette solution as any gear under the seats is over the axles.

I like the FBS option, I added drawers to the storage area under the bed of ours, great for typical clothing.

Some campers like to use the murphy bed couch during stays as noted. For us once the bed is made it stays made and we just throw stuff on it outside sleeping hours. The Murphy Bed takes away that under bed storage if you need it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Bed Storage.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	186744  
Old 07-24-2023, 06:29 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

The DS has two large drawers under the bed, and acccess doors to storage on both sides of the bed. But the FBS under bed storage is da bomb.
Old 07-24-2023, 07:16 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

I removed the twin beds and replaced the mattress. There is a huge open space below the mattress in the center that I use to store groceries, supplies, gear, etc...

Works for me.