Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2023, 09:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Changes to the 2024 Micro Minnie

Here are the changes to the 2024 models if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 10.57.51 AM.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	186922  
Audioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:37 AM   #2
Site Team

Many of those are good changes. Some I have no idea what they refer to:
CSA Vents?
Side mount camera prep?

And further... what is "inverter prep" exactly and Flip Down Sink? What is the resettable charger breaker... just a regular circuit breaker on the charger part of the Converter???
Old 08-10-2023, 11:50 AM   #3
Site Team

OK, I found the Flip Down Sink... really this is a plus???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 12.49.15 PM.png
Views:	33
Size:	567.5 KB
ID:	186928  
Old 08-10-2023, 01:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Many of those are good changes. Some I have no idea what they refer to:
CSA Vents?
Side mount camera prep?

And further... what is "inverter prep" exactly and Flip Down Sink? What is the resettable charger breaker... just a regular circuit breaker on the charger part of the Converter???
CSA Vents are Certified venting duct work. It's a good thing to have but not sure I would have told everyone that they were not using them previously !
Audioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:46 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
OK, I found the Flip Down Sink... really this is a plus???
Yes, absolutely it is! The 1700BH (Bunk House), the 1800BH, and the 2100BH had no wash sink in their bathrooms; just a shower and toilet. With these three floorplans being updated for 2024, you will never need to come-out of the bathroom and say "I gotta wash this hand!"
OK, bad humor aside, it is a great idea.
Eagle5
Old 08-10-2023, 02:00 PM   #6
Site Team

I see. I guess I've heard others comment about no bathroom sink around here. I certainly see a flip down sink is much better than no sink.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

How do you wash anything but hands in a flip down?
Useless. Better to go use the galley sink.
Even with a full bathroom sink, I still use the galley sink to wash my face because I ca do it without making a mess. Small sinks only useful for brushing teeth.
Old 08-10-2023, 05:43 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
How do you wash anything but hands in a flip down?
That is kinda the point. Who wants to get a dirty look every time you step out of the bathroom!
Oh we could have some fun with this, but in the overall, I believe it is a good upgrade.
Eagle5
Old 08-16-2023, 05:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

So glad I have a 2018 2106DS with a sink, toilet and shower stall, all in a comfortable layout. Seems that the newer models leave a lot to be desired. We are retired and there are no kids, so the BH models are n/a.
Seron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

What is the galley backsplash remove and window add thing? I thought there was a window already there? Is it just a bigger window now? Confused…
jrg3170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 02:32 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Unrelated, but who's in charge of marketing at Winnebago?

Porcelin and Resetable?

Reminds me when I was a hiring manage and would see spelling errors on a resume. Immediate round file.
Old 08-18-2023, 04:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
Unrelated, but who's in charge of marketing at Winnebago?

Porcelin and Resetable?

Reminds me when I was a hiring manage and would see spelling errors on a resume. Immediate round file.
OK, guess you get roundfiled on this post for misspelling manager.
Old 08-18-2023, 05:36 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
OK, guess you get roundfiled on this post for misspelling manager.
Yeah, I see what you did there...

Point is, if a company doesn't take time to proofread materials that are released to the public, how can we expect them to deliver a high-quality product?
Old 08-18-2023, 09:50 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

YUP!
We have fully moved away from anybody being expected to be fully correct in their area but we are fully qualified to be critical of others!
I'm amazed at how many Maui experts are able to find fault with the decision to not sound the sirens for a wildfire, even when they have only been there once or not at all!
Point of info for those folks? A tsunami siren sends you up the hill not to the water for safety in a fire!

Bottom line for me?
We all need to watch what we are doing better and stop with the constant lies and harassing the folks who are actually trying to do something right!

I'm sure my typing sets a lot of folks hari on fire! But as any good attorny will tell you, it's the machines fault, right? I don't make mistakes. It's the computer that does that!

Meanwhile back at the items questioned? The CAS looks like it may be a Canadian standard that may/may not apply to any US standard?
https://www.csagroup.org/store/product/2426500/

One of the points that can cause even more confusion when we get into the details on drawings is the difference in the Canadian version of an RV versus the US build!

Camera and inverter prep sound like wiring is installed but the option is not yet added. Something like the rear view or solar prep?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 10:09 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
Yeah, I see what you did there...

Point is, if a company doesn't take time to proofread materials that are released to the public, how can we expect them to deliver a high-quality product?
"High-quality" is a great idea, but hasn't been available in RV manufacturing at any price range. Maybe the employees do half-days; morning they're line workers, afternoon they're marketers. (That last sentence is an attempt at humor.)
Old 08-23-2023, 11:16 AM   #16
Lauri & Joe

New galley window

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg3170 View Post
What is the galley backsplash remove and window add thing? I thought there was a window already there? Is it just a bigger window now? Confused…
Yes, wider windows on the “camp-side” is on just about every mfr’s list this year. The just discovered people want to see more outside on the trailer door side.
ZottHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:45 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZottHart View Post
Yes, wider windows on the “camp-side” is on just about every mfr’s list this year. The just discovered people want to see more outside on the trailer door side.
Ah yes indeed, here's a helpful video walkthrough showing the new larger camp side window. That's much larger than the old one, certainly makes paying a bit extra for the a '24 more compelling.

https://youtu.be/zUQ9fQaRPvA?si=hNY7i-Kb9jKHZzPW

On a related topic - has anyone seen / purchased a '24 FLX version? I've been seeing quite a few '24 non-FLX pop up at various dealers across the country (all floorplans), but so far no FLX yet (for any floorplan).

I found a few dealers that will place an order for a 2024 FLX 2100BH, quoting an 8-12 week lead time. I wonder how much truth there is to that though...
jrg3170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 07:49 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I wonder how many sales they have lost by still not including a range hood. I understand the supply chain issues of two years ago but for Heaven's sake you can now find thousands of range hoods in stock for around $100 on many part store's websites. And yes I understand that there is now a ceiling vent/fan closer to the center of the coach...HOWEVER...when I am boondocking when it is 20 degrees outside the range hood in my '21 2100bh works perfectly for sucking out condensation/odors without sucking out all of my precious heat like the ceiling vent fan would. I was going to upgrade to a FLX but simply can not live without my range hood! It also seems better to have metal above the cook top rather than bare wood in case my bacon would ever flare up and it looks like that puck light would blast you right in the eyes while flipping pancakes.
rattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 03:54 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Really bad idea to delete the range hood. Ever notice that you need to occasionally clean the underside of the hood. It’s because whenever you’re cooking, even with the hood fan on, moisture rises and carries impurities, like oils and solids with it. Without a range hood, these solids will deposited on the underside of the cabinets. Yuuck! Without a range hood, If you cook anything in a skillet or saucepan, your cabinets will be wearing whatever you cooked.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:00 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
I wonder how many sales they have lost by still not including a range hood.
I’m surprised that the range hood actually vented outside. Most travel trailer range hoods I’ve seen just sort of filter and then exhaust back into the room.

We have range hood that’s vented outside on our 37’ motorhome, I think we’ve used it once but can’t swear to it. Cleaned it? Never. But then we almost never cook on the stove. We do all our cooking outside, in the microwave, in an instant pot or in a slow cooker.

It takes all kinds of campers that use their RVs in all kinds of different ways.

I’d doubt many notice the omission. It’s like the oven being deleted. Not missed by many more than the few that lament its passing.