Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 2015 Forza and Solei changes

Does anyone know if Winnebago has made changes to the 2015 model year 34T? I'm wondering if they now include a ladder, or gas and electric water heater. Might they have made changes that would improve the ride that some people have had to go to Freightliner to get fixed?

I'd also be interested to get an update from any 34T owners on their experience, having now had the coach for a few months or more. Likes, dislikes?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Ken
kwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

kwilkins, get a copy of the latest retail price sheet from the nearest dealer it will show the latest available options.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The only change that someone at the dealer mentioned was that the Forza/Solei will have a 10 gal water heater. Didn't hear of any other changes.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

yes, online is showing 10 gal gas only water heater as standard.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We have had our Solei 34T now for about a month. Like the fireplace, day/night shades, number bed, the big TV, have not used the Washer/Dryer yet. We did add rear ladder. So far 6 gal hot water has kept up with our needs. The ride is really nice, handles very good, tracks good, and we are getting right around 11-12 MPG. We are towing our Audi A3 using Kaddy SS and the combo is very easy to drive.
I see they have added 2 cup holder built into the sofa that lacks in the 2014.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
We have had our Solei 34T now for about a month. Like the fireplace, day/night shades, number bed, the big TV, have not used the Washer/Dryer yet. We did add rear ladder. So far 6 gal hot water has kept up with our needs. The ride is really nice, handles very good, tracks good, and we are getting right around 11-12 MPG. We are towing our Audi A3 using Kaddy SS and the combo is very easy to drive.
I see they have added 2 cup holder built into the sofa that lacks in the 2014.
Thanks for the update Edmund. Are the MCD day/night shades on all windows, and were they standard or an option? Have you dry camped yet? I'm wondering how long the batteries can run the residential fridge before it's generator time.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Hello Ken, the day/night were option replacing the night which is standard. The nice thing about Winnebago is it's power management system as well as it's auto gen start if it gets to that point. So far we have not dry camped, but inverter/batteries run the TV, the fridge all the sockets, lights, dash radio, sound bar. The fridge cools very quickly. Our trailer would take a long time (hours) before it would cool down. This one is instant. Anyway if dry camping and need the Air or the fireplace, you would be running the generator. It is also quite. Good luck with your research.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Sorry I did not answer if MCD day/night shades are on all windows. Well they are except winshield which is night shade only but it works as sun visors as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Hello Ken, the day/night were option replacing the night which is standard. The nice thing about Winnebago is it's power management system as well as it's auto gen start if it gets to that point. So far we have not dry camped, but inverter/batteries run the TV, the fridge all the sockets, lights, dash radio, sound bar. The fridge cools very quickly. Our trailer would take a long time (hours) before it would cool down. This one is instant. Anyway if dry camping and need the Air or the fireplace, you would be running the generator. It is also quite. Good luck with your research.
Edmund thanks so much for the reply. Does the generator auto start on low battery only, or also on A/C temp setting? I recall some systems work in conduction with the thermostat to start when the temp rises above the temp setting.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Forza Changes - 2015

The leveler monitor now has an angled bracket holding it to the dash so it is actually visible from the driver's seat. In the 2014 the monitor was mounted right into the dash and almost impossible to see. 2014 owners can get that angled mount for their monitor for $20 at Customer Service Parts.
The Forza now has gas/electric water heater as opposed to gas only.

The Generator portion of the command panel has auto start.

The bay doors now have HORIZONTAL rather than VERTICAL latch handles. On the 2014 every latch handle has a scuff/scratch mark from the latch handle rubbing against the latch frame when opening the bays.

If you're looking at the 38R, the couch glide gets small particles of debris under it, drags it in when you close the slide and then pounds it into 4 tiles while driving. We're on our 2nd set of those 4 tiles and problem persists. I don't think enough complaints have reached Winnebago for them to re-engineer that rigid glide.
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Hagenl - Appreciate the info on the leveling monitor bracket. This is one of my current complaints and was planning on trying to make an angle bracket.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Hagenl. Do you know if the auto gen start is triggered by temperature setting? Or is it only on low battery?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Would you have the part number for the leveler angled bracket? or where can one find part numbers?
Old 08-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Leve

EdMan,
Leveling Bracket ASM-Mount 189752-01-CHT
This is a 3D view of the bracket installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leveling Bracket.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	70995  
Old 08-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Auto Start Gen - Forza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
Thanks Hagenl. Do you know if the auto gen start is triggered by temperature setting? Or is it only on low battery?
No, I don't know how they have the auto start programmed or if you would be able to set any of the parameters yourself (which would be great).

Also, I saw a response that the 34T had cup holders in the couch arms. Does anyone know if this could be an addition to a 2014 38R? Balancing a cup on the arm and leaning it against the rear wall or front dinette is what we are doing and it's bound to wind up as a disaster.
Hagenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Grant.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagenl View Post

No, I don't know how they have the auto start programmed or if you would be able to set any of the parameters yourself (which would be great).
A dealer told me the auto gen start only works on low battery and not temp setting.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

You are incorrect on the water heater. The 2015 which I have is only gas.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Water heater

I sent a question to Winnebago on the water heater, and the reply was the gas-electric water heater is now standard on Forza and Solei. However the person replying did not state when it became standard. I asked them when but to date have received no reply. I have yet to see one.
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

The 2015 parts catalog show 07-01-14 as the change over date.