Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-03-2023, 11:35 AM   #21
1996 Itasca 29Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Did you mount them on the side walls or ceiling, wire them together then one set of leads down to the light?

Do you have pictures of your mounting?

Thanks
I mounted the interior fans to the top pointed at the evaporator fins and ran the wires through the drain tube to the ARP controller mounted behind the fridge and accessed through the lower access door. Sorry I don't have photo.
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 12:04 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny Rio View Post
I added the Beech Lane to our 1708FB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made a huge difference. Even tho this unit's fridge is vented to the roof it wasn't sufficient enough. In hot weather, or when the sun was on that side, the fridge wouldn't stay cold. I added this and the issue was gone. One of the best mods I had installed yet.
Would this unit take place of the ARP fridge Defend?
Old 07-03-2023, 12:25 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobn1957 View Post
These are the fans I installed at the top of my fridge and pointed at the cooling fins! I used VHB double-sided tape to mount them. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The earlier video shows using these fans outside the fridge at intake to blow the cool air up to the roof.

More directional rather than fill the airspace behind the fridge, which would you guys think is a better option?

Of the fans mounted to the evaporator coil, like the beech or ARP, do they pull air into the fins or pull cold air from the fins?

Obviously using the fans that Bob suggested they would point at the fins and blow air into the fins.

Seems the outside fans are in many cases temperature controlled and the fans inside the fridge run continuously. Is this correct?
Old 07-03-2023, 08:45 PM   #24
1996 Itasca 29Q

The fans in the fridge run continuously and blow air toward the evaporator fins, the fans on the outside of the fridge are controlled by the ARP controller and blow cold air into the condenser plenum.
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 10:38 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
but the biggest single improvement was evaporator fans https://www.amazon.com/Triple-Deluxe.../dp/B072BPYXS8 which made it possible for the first time to set the fridge on #4 instead of maxed out on #5 all the time.
Brian, how did you mount this unit to the fins and do you remove it during travel?

I think the 1/2" thick unit is ideal for the Micro Minnie top shelf and the top shelf holds very little as it is.

See they make a 15" wide unit as well for the bigger refrigerators.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:21 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Brian, how did you mount this unit to the fins and do you remove it during travel?

I think the 1/2" thick unit is ideal for the Micro Minnie top shelf and the top shelf holds very little as it is.

See they make a 15" wide unit as well for the bigger refrigerators.
It comes with 2 brackets that attach to the sides and Velcro that you put on the bracket and on the edge of the evaporator. In my case the 3 fan unit fit perfectly and there was a tiny gap at each end where I put some packing material to make the install very firm. It is permanent and I leave it in place all the time.
I believe it is a bit more than 1/2" thick though, if I recall it is closer to 1" but I can check later if you want.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:13 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
It comes with 2 brackets that attach to the sides and Velcro that you put on the bracket and on the edge of the evaporator. In my case the 3 fan unit fit perfectly and there was a tiny gap at each end where I put some packing material to make the install very firm. It is permanent and I leave it in place all the time.
I believe it is a bit more than 1/2" thick though, if I recall it is closer to 1" but I can check later if you want.
It's thinner than the others.

Tags
fan, fridge