Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-09-2022, 08:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

About to buy 2022 Minnie 2108FBS but have a couple of questions

Hello all !

We are longtime campers (popups, clipper 17fqs) and are looking at a new 2108FBS, but I have noticed a couple of odd things and wanted to know how others have handled it.

1) None of the cupboards or drawers seem to latch tight, and appear as if they may open during travelling. Has this been a problem for anyone ? If so, how have you solved it ?

2) There is a definite lack of electrical plugs inside, specifically by the counter area (except for the GFI by the door) and on the left side of the bed. Has anyone installed additional plugs anywhere and can share how they did it ?

3) Does anyone have any specific suggestions what we should look for or at before purchase ? Any issues with these RV's we should be aware of ?

Other than this, we are quite excited to get this unit and start travelling again come spring !

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Much appreciated

-Stephen
STCLARKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 11:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi Stephen - good luck with your 2108FBS, we own a 2021 model and really enjoy it!

As for cabinet stays - we have not had a problem with cabinets flying open on trip but you can buy latches/catches to keep them closed. Search for 'rv cabinet latches and catches' on amazon for example.

We don't use more plugs other than those provided - we did have a GFCI fail so buy a spare or two.

As for other things to know - We also aren't crazy about the Dometic thermostat - it's a little quirky - maybe this was fixed in the '22 model. If you need to reset it - press the power/mode switch at same time as ^ temp up button and hold until it resets.

Some suggestions:

1. tap a small hole in the rear bumper caps and bumper and insert a small screw to keep the caps in place - they tend to take flight on the road.

2. take a look at the drawings album I posted on the trailer details from Winnebago - e.g. the wiring drawing is there:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums369.html

3. you likely know this one - some small plastic bins are useful in the fridge and cabinets to keep things from rolling about

Enjoy!

Dan
danzeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Dan.

We went ahead with the purchase and take possession once the snow clears up here north of the border. Our old RV had a Dometic Fridge, so I know what you mean. I hope the newer ones are better..we will have to see.

Thanks for the link to the electrical, it may come in handy to get another plug on the other side of the bed.

Anything else, I'll post here.

Thanks again !

-Stephen
Old 02-12-2022, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by STCLARKE View Post
2) There is a definite lack of electrical plugs inside, specifically by the counter area (except for the GFI by the door) and on the left side of the bed. Has anyone installed additional plugs anywhere and can share how they did it ?
Hi Stephen,

We added additional outlets at the counter area and bathroom vanity the easy way, we mounted power strips and plugged them into the existing outlets.

Fred
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_130757.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	182000   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220212_130910.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	182002  

Name:	20220212_1312251.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	182005  
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Fred. Great idea and worth considering. I think at first my main goal will be to get power and usb on my wife's side of the bed ;-)
Old 02-21-2022, 02:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hi all, thanks for the feedback thus far.

We placed a deposit on the RV, and discovered the dealer wanted full payment within 3 weeks, even though there is still snow here and we agreed to delivery sometime in April.

So, I am left with having to do a full inspection, within the next couple of weeks (hopefully in an indoor service bay or similar), even though I won't take delivery until later . I have read quite a bit about paying in full, and pro's, con's, but we really like this unit and there are none others like it around, so we sort of have to play by the dealers rules, or we lose out.

To that, without any back and forth on the topic of paying before 'delivery' what should I be looking for when I do the inspection ? I understand the basics of looking for leaks, making sure the furnace, fridge etc all function, slide works... but given the collective knowledge of forum members here, what problems have been experienced that I should pay attention to ? Any up front ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance
Old 02-22-2022, 03:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks Fred. Great idea and worth considering. I think at first my main goal will be to get power and usb on my wife's side of the bed ;-)
The usb outlets next to the bed are really hard to reach. I installed new 12v/usb outlets near the front of the shelf under the cabinets. Routed wiring underneath into pass thru to a fuse block which I connected to my bus bars. Haven’t found the need for additional ac outlets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C7132FB4-4235-4212-8A25-09891D2CAC5A.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	182080  
Old 03-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 2106DS View Post
Hi Stephen,

We added additional outlets at the counter area and bathroom vanity the easy way, we mounted power strips and plugged them into the existing outlets.

Fred
Fred, I see the paper plate holder, where did you get that? Also, what is the holder on the right side for?

Thank you,
Randy Northrop
Randyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:56 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyn1 View Post
Fred, I see the paper plate holder, where did you get that? Also, what is the holder on the right side for?

Thank you,
Randy Northrop
Randy, Their Camco's paper plate and napkin dispensers. I got them off Amazon.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Hello all !

1) None of the cupboards or drawers seem to latch tight, and appear as if they may open during travelling. Has this been a problem for anyone ? If so, how have you solved it ?

-Stephen
We purchased a 2022 2529RG in January. One of the larger drawers comes open when traveling. When I looked at it I noticed that the part of the latch on the drawer doesn't even touch the catch when closing it. Really silly mistake on the assembly line. But an easy fix.

Our model has a cabinet with three doors next to the couch area. These drawers seems really awkward when opening. After looking at them closely I realized that there were no screws holding the drawer slides to the wood frame on the right side, only the left side. They just forgot to screw it in on the right side. Again really silly mistake and an easy fix.

I honestly wonder how both my wife and I didn't notice both of these problems until our first trip. We opened and closed every drawer several times when we were looking at the trailer before purchasing it.

Now the fact that the water heater didn't work is another story. We could find that out until we got it hooked up to water.
dakamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 06:59 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

The screwing and stapling brigade must still be in training. One month into a two month trip, our range hood fell out from under the microwave cabinet. Easy fix to remove microwave and cut and screw in backers. The screws holding the range hood had no backers, so it was easy for the screws to work loose from the thin luan paneling which seems to be everywhere in our camper. I accidentally broke the luan surrounding the slide, and the slide operation destroyed it all the way around the slide. I suppose if they had instead used ply, the camper would have weighed 100lbs more and cost $10 more to manufacture. Otherwise, so far now with over 10,000 miles our 2108ds has been pretty bulletproof.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:00 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakamojo View Post

Now the fact that the water heater didn't work is another story. We could find that out until we got it hooked up to water.
It may be the OEM igniter board. Roadrunner originally posted about the Dinosaur replacement. Easy fix and recommended as a pre-emptive strike.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3848574
Old 03-14-2022, 06:40 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Smile

Make sure before you take delivery the water heater runs for a while with the outside door closed. I have a 2022 2108fbs and have blown a few thermocoupling
With outside access door closed, it works as long as the access door is open. Manufacture has no fix for it one year later.
Other than that it is a great trailer
donaldjohn is offline   Reply With Quote