Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2023, 09:26 PM   #21
Winnebago Vita 24P

There are some great Vita's for sale for less than 100k with low mileage. Personally I would go for those over the Navion/View. But I am very partial to the value you get for the Vita. I have gone 33k miles in 3 years and longest continuous trip of 35 days. We have folks on our group that are full time in the Vita. I travel with two cats also and found the driving experience excellent. I did add the sumo springs and bigger stabilizer bar. I also changed the shocks in rear to Bilstein and really like the ride. Last summer we added the Big Foot levelers and I have installed Lithium and 400 watts of solar. I love modding my Vita, and have also replaced Toilet and added a bidet. The 2019 chassis Vita has the newer Mercedes chassis. mine is the 2018 chassis which is a 2020 model Vita. It has 5 speed transmission versus the newer 7 speed transmission. I have towed in 105 degree temperatures towing a Honda CRV (4200lbs) and temps have been fine. I use a scan guage to monitor transmission temps and water temp. The fuel tank is 26.4 gallons and my average mileage is around 13mpg. Best was 18mpg. The Navion/View are pretty inside, but their weight capacity is lower than 1500lbs for the Vita. Cant speak on driving the Ford as the last Class C ford I had was a Coachmen in 1990 and it drove terrible. Best of luck for your search, I see Camping world has a Navion for about $150k for a new 2022. There are a lot of under $100k low mileage units out there that if I would consider for many reasons.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:44 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

A unit that we liked had partial paint, but had Lithium Batteries (I already have them) and sold for $159K. Hoping to stay in that ballpark with another $11K + in taxes! Big hit!
midngn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:20 AM   #23
Site Team

Old 02-19-2023, 04:47 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Arrow Winnebago 24D in AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by midngn View Post
We currently have a 33' Coachmen Leprechaun Class C on a Ford Chassis. It is very uncomfortable to drive and after short time, I am in pain. It's also loud and noisy and frankly feels very cheap. The rig feels really big and too much for the Ford Chassis and rolls and pitches while driving. I am looking to get a better driver experience and smaller rig. Has anyone gone from the Ford to the Sprinter and was it worth the $$$$? Can you upgrade the mattress and the couch on the 24D? Both feel pretty uncomfortable. Can it really tow 5K? What is towing like and does it have plenty of pull? What is real MPG like? Does the black tank outlet come close to getting hit on curbs? Can the fresh tank be gravity filled? Is the cargo capacity with the fresh and fuel full? How do you keep the main door open? Is the oil filter in a place that I can do my own oil changes? The fridge barely opens with the slide in. Is there no way around that? Any other advice is very helpful. Thank you.
Hello from AZ; we have a 2023 View 24D on the Sprinter and it drives well. We went thru a thunderstorm and the automatic braking system came on to correct the steering in a high wind gust. amazing technology. the engine has lots of power with a 7th gear added to the new chassis. the milage has been 18 ave. with only 1500 miles on the engine. Yes, the mattress can be changed out but the one that came with the coach seems OK and comfortable. the v-6 engine will be replaced with a 4 cy with additional hp. on newer rigs in the near future. The v-6 is very smooth running. good luck on your search.
DonSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:54 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I went from a 32' Class A on the Ford F53 chassis to a WBGO Fuse on the 23' Ford Transit chassis. It's a turbo diesel and drives like a dream. The Fuse was sold from 2017-2019 in three floor plans, with the A (two twin beds) and T (one queen bed) being the two most common. It also gets around 16mpg. There are quite a few used ones on RVTrader now.
Bomba Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 05:18 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Greetings,

We have a 2020 24V. The Sprinter is the ONLY Class C that I can drive comfortably! Great for passenger too
We made suspension upgrades and really improved the ride; Agile tuned Fox rear shocks, Hellwig sway bar and special wheel balancing. BIG difference.

It drives like a charm and my wife and I both drive equally, which was our goal.
We tow an 2020 Buick Envision Premium II AWD with no problems even through the mountains. 20K miles total.
We find the twin beds very comfortable.

Also, we just bought a second home and are thinking of selling. So if anyone is interested let me know. But either way the above info. is accurate for your decision process.
RickoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:14 AM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickoJ View Post
Greetings,

We have a 2020 24V. The Sprinter is the ONLY Class C that I can drive comfortably! Great for passenger too
We made suspension upgrades and really improved the ride; Agile tuned Fox rear shocks, Hellwig sway bar and special wheel balancing. BIG difference.

It drives like a charm and my wife and I both drive equally, which was our goal.
We tow an 2020 Buick Envision Premium II AWD with no problems even through the mountains. 20K miles total.
We find the twin beds very comfortable.

Also, we just bought a second home and are thinking of selling. So if anyone is interested let me know. But either way the above info. is accurate for your decision process.
Sounds like a nice setup, by any chance have you weighed the whole rig when loaded for a trip with the Buick hooked up?
Old 02-20-2023, 11:44 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Yes, we did the CAT Scale thing before our big trip out west and we were OK. I don't have the figures with me.

We have every factory option (except storm windows) including leveler jacks and the diesel generator, so max. wt.
We use a TPMS (all tires) to be safe and always watch the engine stats when doing heavy climbing in hot weather. No probs.

Our Buick tow vehicle has the on-board break system with air compressor under the hood and air cylinder permanently mounted under dash. Only have to put the Buick in N and flip 3-switches and ready to tow.

Can hook-up or unhook in less than 5 minutes. No time or speed limits for towing. Easy Peasy, if you wanted to drive separate, but we haven't needed to.
To be extra safe I usually keep the fresh water tank less than 2/3 if not needed and the car tank the same. RV is kept full and never below 1/2 tank.
RickoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:17 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Be careful about that 5,000 lb. towing capacity, while it does indeed have a 5,000 lb. towing capacity it also has a 15,250 lb. GCVWR which means this is the maximum your entire combined setup can weigh. The motorhome itself has a 11,030 GVWR so if you weigh 11,030 fully loaded for a trip that means your towed vehicle cannot weigh more than 4,220 lbs.
Brian,
how do you come up with the GCVWR of 15,250? I am new to the Vita and want to understand how you can exceed the GVWR of 11,030?
Thanks,
Phil
philbtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:57 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

The 15,250 is your Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating which means the fully loaded motorhome and the towed vehicle together can weigh up to 15,250. This is shown on your label. The GVWR applies to the motorhome only, so the motorhome only can never weigh more than 11,030 by itself whether it is towing or not.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:32 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
The 15,250 is your Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating which means the fully loaded motorhome and the towed vehicle together can weigh up to 15,250. This is shown on your label. The GVWR applies to the motorhome only, so the motorhome only can never weigh more than 11,030 by itself whether it is towing or not.
Thanks Brian. I was looking for a yellow sticker. I finally found the MB chassis sticker under the driver's seat, with the GCVWR just as you said. Thanks for ending my rookie confusion.
philbtv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view